“5 star rooms and service at $100 a night on PriceLine bid.” 5 of 5 stars

Mayfair Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3000 Florida Ave., Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133   |
Ranked #75 of 131 hotels in Miami
Lake Oswego, Oregon
“5 star rooms and service at $100 a night on PriceLine bid.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This hotel is a little bit of Frank Lloyd Wright meets the Islands. Beautiful bed and bathroom. marble floors. We were upgraded to a suite when I mentioned that I am a frequent tripadvisor reviewer and respond favorably to room upgrades. Guy in front of us had free breakfast cupons and couldn't use them. Gave them to me. Hotel made sure they were changed to my room number and pointed out that we could use for breakfast in the room! That was perfect.

Room Tip: As for a suite upgrade and an upper floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear CharlesWaldo,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed it. Our staff's goal is to make all of our guest feel warmed and welcomed and we are thrilled to read that they were truly accommodating. We sincerely hope to have you stay with us in the near future.

946 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The hotel is incredibly cozy. The inside of it is full of green and the rooftop, with the swimming pool and bar, is an invitation for a perfect day. The rooms are ultra spacious and the location is perfect for whoever is looking for a laidback, less hyped region. Unlike South Beach, the Grove is great for families and couples.

Room Tip: Get a room with the Jacuzzi - its incredibly relaxing and a great addition!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Bruno,

Thank you very much for the kind words, it is truly great to read from someone that totally gets the ambiance of our Iconic property. We are extremely happy to read that you had a great stay and we can not wait to have you stay with us again.

Warm Regards,
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed in a 2-bedroom suite. Which also had 2 bathrooms which was a surprise. Suite was large, comfortable, clean and spectacular. The rain head showers are a nice touch, although because they limit water pressure, take a while to get the shampoo out of your hair! After check-in, we requested our soaking tub to be filled up and someone showed up in less than 5 minutes. The next day, we had difficulty turning the tub on, and again it was addressed in less than 5 minutes. Location of hotel is great, valet was very quick, and service at the pool bar fast and efficient. Not sure what people are complaining about as this was by far one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had in Miami. Can't think of one negative thing to say, so I won't!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear tallgirl,

We are thrilled to hear that you had a Magnificent stay with us at the Mayfair hotel and spa and thank you very much for sharing. Our goal is to reach the level of satisfaction that you spoke of and every time hear from someone that has experienced it brings a great feeling of accomplishment that is hard to explain. We truly hope that we could get to see you back in our Iconic property for another great stay.

USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

At one time this was obviously a glorious hotel. And, I have no doubt that a lot of money and time has been spent in renovating it. However, it still needs some work.

We stayed at the Mayfair Hotel and Spa one night before our cruise. The location was quite nice -- just across the street from shopping and restaurants. The lobby had a nice Spanish feel to it and the restaurant off of the lobby looked inviting. The first indication that the renovation wasn't complete is when we went into the elevator. It was extremely difficult to read the number to push to get to our floor (worn out numbers). The elevator appears to be a forgotten item on the list of upgrades.

I thought that the room, although an odd configuration, was lovely. My husband did not care for it at all and felt the hotel did not live up to the write-ups. While I find it a bit difficult to rate a hotel that my husband found very poor and I found acceptable, the best I could do was rate it a "3".

As a 3 star rated hotel, it would be marvelous for pre-cruise stays -- especially with the easy accessibility to shopping and dining. While I typically have a good memory, our breakfast at the hotel remains a blank in my mind. This probably means that it was not memorable -- neither wonderful or terrible.

Bottom line -- do not over rate this hotel and people will be more than satisfied.

Room Tip: Top floor was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Travelcat2005,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing with us your experience at our property and it's great to hear from someone with such a keen eye towards details, we cherish all of the comments and opinions to make sure that we provide the best product available.

I am very glad to hear that you found our room accommodations of your liking as we do focus heavily in the quality of our rooms and every other aspect of our property. However the elevators are one of the items in our scope for improvement and there is where your eye for the detail came into to play. Just because not too many people notice this small details, it doesn't mean that we don't have it in our plans to get it restore to its original glory.

Once again I want to thank you for all of your sincere observations and we hope to see you back in our property and have you give us another opportunity.

Warm Regards
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

My first visit and my last time. My pet peeves, lousy front desk service. Check-in at 4 pm, 5 pm no rooms ready. No explanation given, I flew in exhausted and this upset me. Ice room not available on floor, every other floor, in a room to scary to walk into at night. I asked for a wine opener, and they sent a person to open the wine. I asked them to leave the opener and she said, sorry its the only one we have. R u kidding me! The rooms are large and very comfortable. Large screen tv and wonderful showers and beds. Wifi is free and great service. Only one restaurant in hotel and u need a car there isn't much to do in this local area. If u get a car, bear in mind the 25 dollars a day for parking everywhere u go.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear jenlozoe,

I am very dishearten to hear that we were not able to provide you with an excellent experience, I do thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience. Our hotel has been extremely busy and for that we are thankful but this also brings a heavy amount of pressure to our extremely courageous housekeeping department and on a day where you have a large amount of arrivals and departures like we have had for the past couple of months it is very difficult to have all the rooms available.
We do our best to have rooms ready for our guarantee check in time of 4:00 p.m. but there are times where a couple of rooms might have to wait a little bit longer and for that we are always thankful to all of our guest for their patience and understanding.
The only thing left for me to say is that we are truly thankful for your sincere comments and opinions which will only make us better.

Warm Regards
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I was absolutely delighted by the accomodations at the Mayfair. My room was stunning and spotless. The private porch/garden was a delightful surprise and made a wonderful spot for a nap after dinner. The bed was quite comfortable. Each time I dealt with the staff, front desk, maintenance, housekeeping, bellboys, they were considerate, accomodating and professional. I was so impressed with the Mayfair that I am planning a romantic getaway with my husband there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Thorhalla9,

We are very pleased to hear that you had a Lovely experience here with us at the Mayfair hotel and spa. We want to thank you for taking the time to share it with us and we can not wait till we see you back.

I had the pleasure of speaking with you while you were departing and I was very happy to see you expressed your satisfaction with our entire staff and the hotel overall. Once again thank you so much for your kind words and hope to see you soon.

Warm Regards,
Jose Rico-Arango
Assistant Director of Front Office.
Cochabamba, Bolivia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I got a good deal through priceline, it is was the most amazing hotel I've ever staying in for that price. I had such a relaxing time. I love to take baths and I had the room with the HUGE Roman bathtub in the room. My room was just as pictured on the website with a big screen TV and even a TV in the large bathroom although I don't know why because there was no tub only a shower in there. The whole atmosphere of the hotel was relaxing. The rooms were well apportioned with a safe, a comfy King sized bed with nice linens, plenty of pillows, lots of closet space, robes and slipper provided, thick/large towels and even a table and chairs. Before I went I saw reviews saying that the balcony hot tubs were not clean or nice and that there was an additional 'set up' fee, so I just opted for the large bathtub in the room and think I made a good choice. I think that this hotel is much for for singles or couples as the rooms weren't really set up for more people, but I was alone on this trip and so that was fine. My room was beautiful and there was a wonderful rooftop pool that although not big is nice and relaxing. The location was wonderful as I didn't have a car, but I could just walk to all kinds of restaurants and shops. I had no problem with the front desk people. I don't know what others paid, but for only $80, it was extremely nice and I would do it again in a heartbeat. The only negative I have to say about the hotel was were I had to go to get ice. It was in the 'storage room' that was dingy and nasty and there was mold in the ice-maker. YUCK! I didn't use any of the spa services as they seemed too pricey for what you get.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Denise H,

We are thrilled to hear that you had an "Amazing" experience during your stay with us, I want to thank you for taking the time to share it. Our aim is to have all our guest experience that sense of tranquility and relaxation that you expressed and I am very proud to see that we accomplished it.

I am concerned about you having to get the ice by yourself, we actually deliver the ice to the room with our room service team, one reason is that we would like to serve you with all of your request and also that the ice machines on the floors are not for guest but for the catering department. However I see that you took the time to scavenge hunt the hotel which could be fun at times, unfortunately for us this time you got to see the back of the house which not too many guest have the opportunity to see. I will make sure to speak with our housekeeping director to have those areas spotless as they should be so at all times.

Once again thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you back at our "Amazing" property.

Jose Rico-Arango
Assistant Director of Front Office.

Been to Mayfair Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!