“Only one word to describe this hotel, UNIQUE!!!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Mayfair Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Mayfair Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3000 Florida Ave., Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133   |
Ranked #75 of 131 hotels in Miami
“Only one word to describe this hotel, UNIQUE!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in many hotels for business trips and l must said that I have never feel so happy to go back to a hotel to keep working.

I used to stayed at the Sonesta and the Westin in Coral Gables (which are nice hotels as well) but the whole atmosphere the Mayfair has it's quite unique.

I was upgraded to a Deluxe suite and I found it very large to a hotel room, maybe too large if you are traveling alone. I paid a $30 dollars fee to use the tub at the balcony , and it's totally worth it. I was even more surprised when I checked out and I noticed on my bill that it's a one time fee only to use the tub!!! (Stayed for 3 nights)

The staff at the restaurant were super friendly, specially Pedro and Audry. They remembered my name for the 3 days I was there (very impressive considering the large amount of guests they should have daily).

And of course the best for last, the roof pool area was AMAZING!!! The pool is a little bit small but it was enough to refreshed me after laying under the sun. At night the bar has a good crowd of people from tourist to business people. The view is great specially if the stars are out. The drinks are great like in any other hotel but the pool waiter, Natalie, made our night quite charming.

I will come back to the Mayfair without doubts!!!!

• Stayed March 2013

946 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed here one night after having stayed at a very expensive hotel in SoBe the previous two nights. I love the Grove, personally, and our friends live there so we decided to give one night to this much more mellow part of Miami.

I thought the atrium was beautiful and I had never seen anything like it before. The whole vibe of the hotel was cool to me...very jungle-like.

Room was spacious and the bed was like literally sleeping on clouds. Honestly, the bed alone was worth it to me! Haha

The Japanese soaking tub was so cool! They sent up a young man named Julio to turn it on and he was funny and nice and quick. It only fits two people but we still enjoyed it and took turns with our friends.

There's no view off the balcony - it's behind a solid wall. There's a public street above the wall with a few decorated holes, so if someone wanted to spy on your balcony, they could (but they'd have to really try). At one point myself and a friend were out on the edge of the balcony and some weirdo threw something from up above at us! Totally creepy, but obviously not the hotels fault. I guess watch out for that? Haha

We requested a late checkout and I was very happy to be told we could check out at 1 PM. Most places give you noon.

We were up all hours of the night with friends hanging out in the room and got no complaints (we weren't screaming or anything, but we were certainly louder than your average guest I think).

There's no shower door - just FYI. There's a BATHROOM door but no shower door. I like to leave the bathroom door open when I shower for steam purposes but with friends in our room and no shower door, my boyfriend put the kibosh on that one :)

Very nice hotel for the money and great area of the Grove.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I've been there for a couple of weeks and when I got there at very first night they still haven't cleaned the room from the previous guest, was really trashed and got toilet paper everywhere, and worse, I went to the front desk to complain about and that useless girl at front desk told me that was nothing she could do at that time in the night and she would find out if she could give me some clean sheets and towels. In other day I asked twie to have my room cleaned again and I came back from a business meeting and figured out they didn't, and again came down and asked the girl and she sad: " I'm sorry, we forgot, lets schedule for tomorrow. and theres no manager on duty..". And finally just wrap up the things I sent a package to the hotel with a very important instrument and they lost, I tracked the package and they delivered at front desk but they just lost.
Dont ever go to this hotel, very awful...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

So we come this beautiful hotel close to everything and we come to find out they over sold the hotel. We preorder our room in advance for a sweet with two beds and they gave us a regular room with 1 bed for four guys ? This hotel has bad service drinks are over prices and food is not even that good. If you could book at another hotel do I don't recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Geneva, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The Mayfair hotel looks nothing like the pictures taken on the website. The only fresh thing in the hotel is the mold. There are no flowers, the food is below average, and the rooms are extremely dark with no direct sunlight. There was so much green mold growing over the windows, I cannot begin to explain how I feared for my children's health. I have never been so disappointed by a hotel in my life.

Room Tip: If you still dare go there, ask for a room with a window and check for mold.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I choose this hotel because of the websites beautiful pictures, its smaller than the pictures indicate, the room was fine, but the closets would not open wide enough to get many clothes in, the bathroom tub was so arkward, that you had to climb all the way in the tub to turn on shower, the floor was so dirty my white socks were black at the end of the evening, I had to request clean wash cloths each day and they were dingy not white, I had to request that the tub be cleaned, no soap replacement, bed squeaked. Balcony had weak wicker lounge chair with stains on it, we didn't know we had to pay to have someone prepare the hot tub until we read the instructions on the tub. the daily service was terrible, location was great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Campbeltown, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed one night here between cruise return and late night flight back to the U.K. our room was good sized and comfortable. Very spacious en suite. Our wardrobe doors were a bit old and heavy but we didn't use much due to our short stay. We had room service both evening and morning. They were prompt and polite and requested us to let them know when to clear our finished items away which they did when called. The rooftop bar and pool area are nice with very comfortable lounges. We sat reading for 5 hours in the lobby the day we left while waiting for our late pickup and we could hear all customer conversations with the front desk and found staff to be courteous and helpful. One person did query their bill and politely staff went through the items individually with her and she admitted to forgetting an item on there. This hotel is also very well placed for access to the vibrant Coconut Grove area which we enjoyed exploring with good restaurant s and boutique shops.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Mayfair Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!