I had read so many reviews about this hotel, but not being a cookie cutter person I thought the hotel would be interesting, how bad can it be? Well I have written many review on trip advisor but this is probably going to be the longest as "something is just not right with this hotel." I am not sure if the staff is trying to sabotage the hotel, however the problem has to be with the management. Let me start from the beginning.
1. Called to confirm my reservation from abroad, the person on the phone says, okay you would like to CANCEL your room, so I speak louder and say no I am trying to CONFIRM the reservation (since it is an international call I can only assume they did not hear me). The person at the other line starts telling me that I do not need to speak in such manner and continues to give ME a tongue lashing.
2. Arrive at the hotel, the first front desk person is not sure what to do with a private condo guest versus the regular hotel guest. This theme continues for the next four days.
3. Try to make a call from the room the front desk and the operator tells me to dial 9 and 1 for a local number, it takes two days for someone to say oh dial only 9. Also the line needs to opened.
4. True what the other reviewer stated that a lot of the staff seem like they do not want to speak English.
5. The room although nice design, needs a REAL CLEANING.
6. The pillows smell like mill dew
7. The patio floor has not been really cleaned in a long time, layers of dirt were on floor, not just the simple dirt that comes from the wind blowing on the ground.
8. Called for the room cleaning at 2 p.m. the person on the phone shouted at my husband and said they work until 5 p.m. He was shocked that was the response. How about sorry we have not reached your room as yet or something more pleasant than how dare you call, we have up to 5 o'clock to clean your room.
9.I was at a medical conference, and they provided lunch one day in boxes, they also provided drinks. I took up too bottles of water and went to eat my lunch. One of the staff RAN me down the hallway to say that his manager said I needed to give back one of the bottles of water. I said "you must be kidding." I do drink a lot of water and the bottles are not very big, also there are a lot of drinks, including sodas and so on still on the table. He insisted that I return the bottle of water. When the lunch was over, there were at least 20 bottles still left on the table. I paid almost $1,000 to attend this conference and this crazy hotel did not think I could have two bottles of water!!!
10. Asked a lady at the desk downstairs when does the pool open she said at sunset and sunrise. So I asked exactly what time, she says it varies, when the sunset and the sunrise. Came back an hour later and asked someone else, they said 8 o'clock.
The good points-
The guys at the valet parking
The heated pool on the roof is a must!
This hotel has good bones, but the service with the exception of a few is terrible. I can only blame the management. Most of the staff seems not to be trained and not informed. They speak to you in any manner they feel like. I have been writing reviews for trip advisor for years and have never written such a long review. I left this hotel and went to Fort Lauderdale and stayed at a cookie cutter Sheraton and thought it was so nice, because the staff was polite and the room smelled good. I thought I would like the unique designs of the room and the location, but it cannot compensate for the bad service. I feel this hotel should be on one of the reality shows where they revamp the hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Mayfair Hotel Miami
- Mayfair Hotel And Spa
- Mayfair Hotel
- Mayfair Hotel Coconut Grove
- Mayfair Coconut Grove
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Among The Most Exciting and Luxurious Coconut Grove Miami Hotels. Thrill to the excitement and vibrancy of South Florida - while enjoying the personalized service and stylish ambiance of a hip boutique hotel. Located in colorful Coconut Grove, a few miles from the beaches and downtown Miami, the Mayfair Hotel & Spa is in the heart of world-famous shopping, dining, and attractions. Admire our Miami Florida hotel's unique lobby, an Art Nouveau treat featuring a mini-rotunda, curved walls, and impressive columns. Stretch out in superior luxury in one of our 179 suites-most with private balconies and Japanese Hot Tubs. Our four-diamond Miami hotel rooms offer attentive service, upscale amenities, and blissful tranquility, in a sensual setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Mayfair Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.