During this review I will only give insight from experience with various hotels. Both my husband and I travel on average 4 - 6 times annually. I hope you find this review beneficial for your future traveling needs.
1. The rooms are spacious, clean, with modern design. A "Zen" feel. Granite floors and walls.
2. The bathroom in itself is a spa experience. The toiletries are Bath & Bodyworks. Bulgari products usually dry your skin pretty bad, I was pleased they chose products that are good for healthy skin. Not just a name brand. The bathroom also has a television.
3.Hotel decor is breathtaking. You have to see it to understand. Every photo I saw before booking was an understatement of what the property truly look like.
4. The spa staff was nice and very courteous.
5. You can WALK to everything you can possible think of. Posh, hip community. Outstanding upscale boutiques are literally around the corner. Even a salon that was featured on Bravo a few months ago.
6.The guest staying there are just as interesting as the city itself. We met a VP with Sony while staying there. We ended up having dinner with them before we left. You NEVER know who is at the property for a getaway as well.
7.Chic rooftop club. perfect for photo's
8.Room service breakfast is outstanding. Love the breakfast. We never ate breakfast anywhere else. Beautiful presentation, superior quality of coffee. If your a coffee lover, you would be in heaven.
9. House keeping: Superior quality. Our room was cleaned meticulously everyday.
10. Ample closet space.
11. If there is an issue they will take care of it. They arranged transportation to the Airport without us asking for it. We caught our flight on time, with no hassle.
1. The night life sounds may keep you up. The area is bustling on the weekends. You may want to visit weekdays if you want minimal noise.
2. Your housekeeper may not know much English. Please keep in mind Coral Gables/Coconut Grove has a large and diverse Cuban community. They're lovely, pleasant people nonetheless.
3. If your into the South Beach scene this isn't the place for you. The location is moreso for a high end demographic. Not the party, party young crowd. Yet, you can party. Not go crazy.
4.Not a place for children. I recommend this property for couples, girls weekend, bachelor outing, business trips, and flight layovers.
5.You may not want to go home.
I hope my description assist you in your travels. Feel free to ask me questions or input if you need clarity on an amenity I didn't address. Happy travels! We've opted to not go to an all inclusive resort, instead go back to the Mayfair.
- Also Known As:
- Mayfair Hotel And Spa
- Mayfair Hotel
- Mayfair Hotel Miami
- Mayfair Hotel Coconut Grove
- Mayfair Coconut Grove
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Among The Most Exciting and Luxurious Coconut Grove Miami Hotels. Thrill to the excitement and vibrancy of South Florida - while enjoying the personalized service and stylish ambiance of a hip boutique hotel. Located in colorful Coconut Grove, a few miles from the beaches and downtown Miami, the Mayfair Hotel & Spa is in the heart of world-famous shopping, dining, and attractions. Admire our Miami Florida hotel's unique lobby, an Art Nouveau treat featuring a mini-rotunda, curved walls, and impressive columns. Stretch out in superior luxury in one of our 179 suites-most with private balconies and Japanese Hot Tubs. Our four-diamond Miami hotel rooms offer attentive service, upscale amenities, and blissful tranquility, in a sensual setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Amex, Olotels, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, getaroom.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Mayfair Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.