“My jaw hitting the floor as we walked into our suite...” 5 of 5 stars

Mayfair Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3000 Florida Ave., Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133   |
Ranked #75 of 131 hotels in Miami
Orlando, Florida
“My jaw hitting the floor as we walked into our suite...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

I found out about this hotel only through a top secret (wink-wink) vacation auction website. I decided to go ahead and give it a try since we are from Florida, and opted to stay in the state for our honeymoon to eliminate stress after our big day. I was a little nervous since I had some odd belief that this was a small, boutique hotel, and Miami can be hit or miss on the quality of the area... however, as we drove into the valet area- with all of wedding flowers and luggage in tow- my eyebrows raised over the ornate woodwork and beauty that the lobby presented. We were greeted warmly by both the valet and front desk staff, who congratulated us on our honeymoon. As we went up the elevator- overlooking the open atrium area (definitely NOT small by any means), we walked out and down the hallway. Every single door was made of detailed, carved wood, and each had a name- such as the Magnolia Suite, or something of the sort. As we rounded the corner, we approached a double-door entrance, it dawned on me this was our room. I felt like I was in "The Hangover" as we walked in to see marble floors, a column in the middle of the room, a huge garden tub/spa, separate living room/dining room, flat screen tvs in each room, including the bathroom, etc. As if the room wasn't enough, our bellhop was extremely resourceful and insightful, suggested a couple of local restaurants to visit, and places of interest. When we called for ice, it arrived in less than a minute, and was followed up by a call from the front desk to make sure we received it. The hotel is situated next to Coconut Grove's Cocowalk shopping/restaurant plaza- which has every large chain retailer/restaurant you can desire. As well as smaller, unique restaurants- such as the Jaguar- which offers delicious ceviche spoon samplers and white sangria, while sitting outside people watching. We also had breakfast at the hotel's attached restaurant, which had a wide variety of fruit, pastries, juices, etc. In the afternoon, we sampled their pizza- which was truly delicious! We also had booked a spa package, including a couples massage. The facilities were gorgeous, relaxing, and the staff absolutely amazing. Also, the rooftop pool had cabanas, an outdoor fireplace, and bar. The ultimate in indulgence and relaxation! Every detail about this stay was incredible and I cannot wait to return!!!

Room Tip: I hate to leak a tip-but research vacation auction
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

946 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

I was staying at the Mayfair hotel for a small 2 day meeting, the minute I came through the door there was a bellman giving a warm welcome and offfering to help me with my bag. Check in was a breeze and I was off to my room, and what a room it had so much detail although you could see the wear & tear it actually gave it a "vintage feel"

Went down to their restaurant which has an Italian theme and the pizza was delicious and they had very good happy hour specials and the service was quick and helpfull. Then I went to check the surrounding area called coco walk and wow with all that next to the hotel and at walking distance you basically do not even need a car everything is there.

Next couple of day's I was in my meeting event right there inside the hotel and the staff was incredible the food was delicious but overall the surroundings of where the meeting room was located, WOW you felt like you where anywhere but inside a hotel on a conference. I will come back on vacation with my family for sure, 100% highly recomended.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Boynton Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

Gorgeous hotel, fabulous service, rooms lush and the spa fantastic. The location was terrific and convenient to almost anything you would want to do. Hotel does need a few upgrades, but would certanly not hesitate to book an additional stay.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Mayfair on our honeymoon. It was beautiful! I loved having the jacuzzi right on the balcony! The rooms were very nice as well. I loved how open the hotel was too, it was very nice. The valet parking is very convenient, however expensive. The room service was great as well. Great drinks at the hotel bar. The bartender even gave us a few free long islands!! Overall loved the Mayfair and will return when back in Miami!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
NE Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

I reviewed this hotel a few years ago but I wanted to report that all is still great at the Mayfair. This year I organized a meeting here and I must say our overall experience was good, and my guests were also pleased with the rooms, meeting space and food. Since I last visited they've changed the restaurant to feature brick oven pizza. Although I did not try it personally, others mentioned it was tasty.

My room was located on the 3rd floor and although noise from the Grove is an issue, I wasn't disturbed much and it was St. Patrick's Day! However, I was exhasuted so that may have been a factor. My suite did not have a balcony but not a big deal for me.

If you're looking for a boutique hotel without the stuffiness, chose the Mayfair. Ideal for a ladies weekend or a romantic getaway.

Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

It was good to come to Coconut Grove after 3 nights on Miami Beach. The hotel is very centrally located but still relatively quiet. I had a suite which was far from impressive. The interior was worn and the furniture not very comfortable. Bed was excellent. The bathroom had a large shower head in the bathtub but the poor water pressure made this feature relatively useless. Breakfast buffet was OK, nothing spectacular. All in all I paid too much for too little.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

The hotel was nice, but I would not recommend the spa. It cost me $108 for a manicure and pedicure. They did the manicure first (which is usually not the case) and the pedicure second. After the pedicure, I was kind of pushed out the door - and my pedicure was immediately messed up. I had to go back twice to have them fix it, which they were obviously not pleased with and the owner was yelling at the woman doing the pedicure to go get the next customer. For $108, I expected a much nicer experience.

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Mayfair Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!