“Hidden diamond in the rough” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #22 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Hidden diamond in the rough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

The Element Miami International Airport is hard to find the first time, but once you know where it is you'll appreciate the location and access to the Miami Highways and airport. The hotel façade is modern simple and low since it is close to the airport.

The property is surrounded by walls and gated as it is in an industrial area close to the rental car lost and you do need a car since there is not much within walking distance.

As you enter the lot, the main lobby entrance is not obvious as there is no covered car port to protect you from the rain and the small area by the front door is blocked by planters so there is no room to park while you check in. there is no valet service, there is no bell desk and you self park for $10 per day.

The 2 person front desk is on your left as you walk in. The front desk agents are polite and welcoming although young and not very knowledgeable about the computer system, rates and SPG. the lobby area is a large open space with two levels, one is the breakfast area and the other a sitting area with nice modern furniture.

The breakfast is free and buffet style, very nice, with a variety of selections. The small food pantry is open 24 hours but only has snacks and drinks, no restaurant and no room service.

The rooms are great, spacious, comfortable, clean and the beds are a dream; except for the sofa bed which is very uncomfortable and the sheets they brought in for the sofa bed when I called the front desk had hairs on them.

One issue I found with the room was that the small lamps by the beds have no power plugs to charge your devices. You would have to either unplug the lamp to charge your phone or charge it on the desk. The lamps should be replaced with ones with power outlets. .

The bathroom is very nice and the shower is huge. The pool looks great. The gym is nice and clean also. The property is smoke free.

All the rooms have either a full or partial kitchen equipped with all the appliances. A/V connectors on the desk for the TV, very nice, just bring your cables.

The wireless Internet is free and works everywhere but it is extremely SLOW and it times out and you have to reconnect after a while. A nice property like this one should have the fastest internet available at no additional cost.

I stay at Hotels for business and meet clients at the hotel. I expect a hotel to provide a friendly and knowledgeable staff, a peaceful business area where people can meet and talk and staff to provide solutions to guests requests.

I met a client in the lobby sitting area and while we were talking a construction crew came and started making a lot of noise which made it impossible to talk. I asked the front desk if there was an area where we could talk and they said that there wasn't any area in the hotel but that we could use a room for a couple of hours for $100; which I though was ridiculous since I am already paying for a room so I passed on that offer.

I also had to switch rooms because the construction noise woke me up around 7:00am. The plane noise doesn't bother me but sawing, drilling and hammering does.

When I switched rooms I left some clothes in the first room and housekeeping could not find them even though I asked every day until at checkout I asked to talk to the supervisor (he was very nice) and he found them in the closet and said that it had been logged on the wrong month.

Robert at the front desk was excellent and very helpful, he deserves praise.

I hope they stay friendly and clean as time goes by and if they take care of this issues I will be back.

Room Tip: Either the Studio or the two bed rooms are great and comfortable. Avoid the sofa bed in the Suite u...
Green Features: The hotel is Green all the time, therefore no green choice needed. No water bottles, separate filtered water faucet in the rooms, very nice.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We found the Element to be a very good hotel. Quite modern in every respect, the rooms were large and comfortable. We didn't have an opportunity to try the breakfast, but it looked good! And the staff were very accommodating, especially the shuttle van drivers. All in all, an excellent choice if being close to the airport is important.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the water are more pleasant, but this isn't a "beauty" location...
Green Features: Hotel is quite committed to being green. Not much more to say than this.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
long island, new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

The stay started out very unpleasant waiting for the airport shuttle after our flight from JFK got in at around 9:00pm. After waiting for so long we decided to take a taxi to the hotel which was very easy there was no wait and we got to the hotel very quickly. The hotel is gated and is in a very isolated and a little scary area in the middle of nowhere in a mainly industrial area. When we arrived check-in was very simple and we got our room a 1-bedroom the room was very nice and updated and a great layout for a family of four. The breakfast was very adequate and much better then som other typical airport hotels. There were hints of Westin throughout the hotel. The pool and fire pit area in the rear was very nice and over looked a lake. The next morning we were off to a 8 day cruise on the Independence of the seas out of Port Everglades and our super shuttle transportation was waiting for us right out-side of the lobby. I would stay here for 1 night in between flights or before a cruise but not for a vacation stay in miami.

Room Tip: The airport shuttle never showed up after waiting for 20 plus minutes just spend the $10/$15 and tak...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Pulloxhill, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed here for only one night in transit between Brazil and the UK, so this review necessarily has to be just a quick impression.

I was advised to call the hotel in order to get the free shuttle to pick me up from Miami International Airport, which I did, and the shuttle did arrive, although it seemed to take some time, during which time I saw a lot of other hotel shuttles come and go more than once. In any case, the driver was very welcoming and helpful.

The welcoming theme continued at reception (thank you Antonio!) and I was checked in quickly.

Initial impressions of the hotel were good; everything looked clean, bright and well maintained. This was also my impression of the room, which was also very clean and with plenty of space, especially for a single guest. Although the decoration of the room is quite minimal in style, it creates a very pleasing and uncluttered impression. There is a small kitchen area with some equipment (which I didn't use) and the bathroom is excellent with a powerful shower with a fixed and a movable head.

The bed was really the highlight. It is probably the most comfortable bed I've experienced in a hotel for a long time.

I took the breakfast buffet in the morning. This was fine, with a good range of items available, but it did seem quite crowded, and there wasn't table space for everyone. However, you don't have to sit at a table; there are plenty of other seating options if you want to do it less formally than sitting at a table.

All the staff were very friendly and approachable, including the cleaning staff who I encountered in the morning.

There was only one negative point, and that was that the aircon was blowing on my face all night, even though I had the fan speed set to low. I didn't try to investigate doing anything about it however, as it wasn't a major irritation.

As I said, I was just using the hotel for an overnight stop, so I didn't try to get to any other part of Miami, but my impression was that you would probably need a car if you want to get anywhere interesting.

In summary, I would definitely recommend this hotel for a short or a long stay in Miami.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Orlando
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

This is the worst hotel to find. There is so much construction around the Miami airport.
Strange noise in the room was the dishwasher. (Took an hour to stop it.) Rooms have small kitchenettes. I stayed here in April 2014. They said to make a reservation for the hotel cruise shuttle. I did so four days in advance. But on the morning of the cruise they did NOT have me listed on the shuttle schedule.
I would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Element Miami International Airport, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
We are genuinely sorry to hear about the inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay. While we strive to provide a relaxing atmosphere for our guest, the construction around our property is out of our control. We genuinely apologize for this impacting your stay with us. We have addressed the issues with our dishwashers and shuttle service with our team so that we may provide a better experience for future guests. Again, thank you for your review.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Stayed four nights 6/18-6/22 in room 542 bed/studio/full kitchen. The staff at check in was awesome and informative. The room was clean with modern furniture and fixtures. The cleaning staff on the 5th floor was awesome, greeted us every morning, asked if we needed anything, and wished us a pleasant day. Breakfast was also awesome with something for the whole family and healthy options. The only thing that caught me by surprise was the $10 a day parking fee which isn't listed on the SPG site but not a big deal since it's in a secure parking lot and with all the other hotel amenities who cares about the $10. Overall great hotel and as a frequent traveler wish SPG had these in more locations.

Stayed June 2014
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Element Miami International Airport, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Hotelanator,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. We are glad to hear that you had a relaxing stay. We loved having you! Thank you for your feedback regarding the parking fee. We have made sure that this is listed on our websites so not to inconvenience future guests. We hope that you will visit us again in the future. Take care.
McDonough
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is the first time staying in an Element and I was very impressed. The hotel was very clean and the staff were friendly. They had a great workout room & the pool was wonderful. Nice breakfast & coffee. Happy hour food was not the best. Short drive to the beach.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear csm30,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your first stay at an Element. We will welcome you back at any time! We hope you had a wonderful trip. Take care.

Been to Element Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!