“Good option” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Guayaquil, Ecuador
“Good option”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel, friendly staff.
It made me feel like I was arriving at an apartment rather than a hotel, I liked this.
Saw some reviews complaining about air traffic noise, but I did not notice the planes.
For location and price it is a good option. Not a luxury hotel, but the concept and feel made it a nice stay for me.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

542 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Buckeye Country
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

We stayed 1 night pre-cruise. Shuttle from airport ran every 30 mins. Staff @ check-in were friendly & helpful. Gave us plenty of menus as we wanted to order in & relax after traveling. There were ear plugs on the nightstand. Didn't need them. Barely noticed the planes. Room was clean & not cramped, decor was simple, clean lines & tasteful. Loved the flooring! Bed was comfortable, Kitchenette was handy - inc dishes, silverware. The bathroom did not have a tub, but the shower had great water pressure & the shower head was ceiling height which would be great for tall people. Breakfast was fine - nothing exceptional but enough choices to find something. BUSY on a Sun am. When we arrived at check-in, we were able to book a shuttle to the Seaport & bill to our room. ($12/each) Shuttle was a great advantage as driver knew exactly where we needed to go upon arriving at the Port too. First time @ this 'brand' but will definitely stay again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night after our cruise. Nice modern, clean hotel and room even had a kitchenette with microwave, fridge and plates, glasses and utensils. Continental breakfast is included (including specialty coffee). There is an airport shuttle, and if you request they will even take you to restaurant (just tip the driver). We had a full day there and enjoyed relaxing by the pool. Definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Lewisville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here only one night but I felt right at home. The evening reception had enough food and wine that it was my meal. My room was quiet and comfortable. I would definitely stay there again if I need an airport hotel in Miami.

• Stayed February 2014
Indianola, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

We stayed 1 night before heading out for a cruise. It was nice, clean, staff was friendly. The breakfast was ok but not enough to complain about. Yes there were earplugs available for use, but I didn't notice excessive amount of noise, even though close to airport. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
M_Cartin, Starwood hotels at Element Miami International Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review Jan. We are happy to hear you stayed with us before your recent cruise as we really are a convenient hotel for pre and post cruise stays. We appreciate your feedback on the breakfast as we're always looking for ways ti improve our services and amenities. We're happy to hear you would stay with us again in the future and we sure look forward to seeing you here again.
Kirkwood, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

This hotel is really confusing. I took a shuttle from the airport and it was obvious from the first encounter that the shuttle driver didn't know English. The driver was rude but I believe he was unknowingly rude. He let his phone ring listened to loud music and it was 11pm, I wasn't in the mood. The line for check in will probably take 25 minutes so bring a fold-out chair. The front desk employees weren't very nice and it took around 10 minutes to get my credit card scanned because the systems were acting up. The grounds of the hotel are actually pretty nice and clean but the hotel is loud. Also, there is a snack bar by the front desk but the options are limited and for a bottle of Coke it's about $3.50. I really like the idea of green hotels and hotels working to help the environment but the Element's green practices took away from my stay. The hallways are dimly lit and I could barely see my room. The room is very dark and it seems like they were just hiding the dirt. Everything in the room seemed a bit cheaper and the bed was uncomfortable because of these practices. I know it doesn't seem like a big issue but the whole hotel smelled like a cheap gross cologne. This actually took a lot a way from my stay. I do not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. We are sorry you found our hotel concept confusing as the Element brand is committed to providing our guests relaxing experiences with our bright and open spaces, fully-equipped and spacious guestrooms, grad and go pantry and complimentary breakfast. We are sorry to hear about your experience with the shuttle driver and we will be sure to share this feedback with the team. We appreciate your thoughts on the hallway and guestroom lighting but we can assure you we keep our guestrooms extremely clean. We also appreciate your feedback on the guestroom beds and the scent of the hotel. Again, thanks for your review.
Calif
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I truly believe that a hotel leaves Ear plugs on your nightstand should be required to warn you in advance about noise. It's also not located in the best part of town. Otherwise the hotel is clean. There is no bar or restaurant. They offer a pseudo-Egg McMuffin breakfast. The coffee is good though.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ElementMIAGM, General Manager at Element Miami International Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear CalGeo,

Thanks for sharing your concerns about the ear-plugs. We like to think that our guests understand that when booking a hotel at an airport they might experience some noise - even with the outstanding build quality we have here. Being an airport hotel direcly in the flight-path we like to offer our guests the added comfort of having the ear plugs available just-in-case.

Sorry if you felt you should have been "warned" but doing that might give the wrong impression to guests when all we're doing is offering the amenity for light sleepers.

Thanks!
Mike

Been to Element Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!