“Location: Plus and Minus” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #25 of 130 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
sf
“Location: Plus and Minus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

You see the reviews and it's true: Location is a plus if all you're doing is overnighting next to the airport; location is a minus if you want to do anything besides hole up in your room. Airport shuttle arrived within about 20 minutes. Check-in at desk was quick. The room was quite comfortable (kitchenette, living room alcove, two large flat screens -- one in bedroom one in living room). Ordered in Chinese food and found the dishes (plates, glasses, utensils) in the room to be helpful for this. When I first arrived the TV didn't work, nor did the phone, so I had to call to front desk on my mobile to get help, but they were prompt and got things working within 15 minutes. I was able to connect HDMI cable to TV, but no sound (so I had to listen to that off my travel bluetooth speaker) No face cloth in bathroom so I had to run down a housekeeper to find that. Nice bed linens. I guess there was a dining table you could unfold if you needed to see 4 or fewer people to eat. Shuttle to airport was on time (very early in AM). Since I was sick, I actually would have liked to have stayed there for another day rather than get on the 6+ hour flight that morning.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

540 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Burlington, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Stopped here one night before heading out to the pier for a cruise. Great location, right next to the airport, secure gate and great prices. The complimentary breakfast left something to be desired. I don't know if it was the unhappy servers or the greedy guests to ripped everything from the counters and didn't eat any of it (just claimed it on their plates). Atmosphere was great, the rooms were very clean. As it is close to the airport the stay comes with noise. There are earplugs at your bedside so I am glad they are aware of their proximity. I guess it's the trade off of having such a convenient location!

Overall it was a good stay. For the size of the complex I would have had more elevators. If given the choice I would give it another shot.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I stayed at the Element Miami the night before, again the night after, a cruise out of the Port of Miami. The hotel was excellent. I only give it a 4 out of 5 because of the location. It's not that staying near the airport is a bad location (it's quite conventient), but there's not much near by. Nothing is really within walking distance, but I knew that from reading previous reviews before I booked. The van drivers, though, will happily take you to area restaurants.

The room was a good size, VERY clean, and had a nice kitchenette. Free transportation to & from the airport. The lobby is bright and open. Breakfast was hot, tasty, & complimentary. Booking a shuttle from the hotel to the port was easily done at the front desk and could be billed to the room (rather than paying the shuttle company separately.)

I wouldn't stay here if I were touring Miami. But, if I were traveling for business or needed another stayover between flight & cruise, I would most certainly book the Element again.

Green Features: The toilets have two flush options, half-flush and full-flush. Yay for water conservation! Also, they have the usual "hang up your towel" policy if you don't want new ones everyday.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

First stay at this spg brand and most likely the last.
Location: close enough to the airport and very close to the car rental center. The shuttle is a very useful amenity. However, the location is strange. There is nothing else around.
Property: It is built as a very cheap and bare place. For a two year property it looks really run down. I guess this is because of the cheap and recycled materials used in it. It already needs a renovation.
Rooms: I got a suite upgrade which is ok with fridge and microwave - a mini kitchen - which is a good thing. The cheapness persists and the room is cramped.
They have free breakfast which I had no chance of testing since I left the hotel very early.
Staff: the people were very friendly and ready to help. However, I asked for a 5:00AM wake up call and I received the call at 5:08.
My opinion is that this brand is not worth of the Westin name. The other low end spg brands (four points, aloft) are executed much better. And definitely not worth the starpoints and the going rate.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Through a flight-booking error, we had to stay an extra night in Miami. The hotel where we were already staying wanted an arm and a leg for the additional night, as it was the night before New Years Eve. We used Priceline to look for a comparable room. What we found was really uncomparable.

The hotel is ultra-modern, sharp angles and sterile spaces. It works. It was very nice to step into a hotel room with concrete floors - no carpet, except for right around the bed. It's also a green hotel; so you can turn off all the lights as you leave with the flick of one switch.

The room itself was very well equipped with a microwave, fridge, coffee maker, hot water dispenser, DISHES and cutlery. We didn't use it but the hotel provides a service where you order your groceries and they deliver them to your room and charge your hotel account. This is handy, since the hotel is located in an industrial area - no real dining options close by. That said, the shuttle will drive you to the restaurant area or back to the airport and then will come and get you afterward.

In addition to the amenities above, the hotel provides a pretty decent breakfast in the morning and then there's a "happy hour" where you're encouraged to mingle with the other guests.

For the business traveller (or, let's face it, the gadget minded), there's a power strip with multiple plugs for HDMI, USB or just about any other kind of charger.

Would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
M_Cartin, Starwood hotels at Element Miami International Airport, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review. Its absolutely wonderful to hear you had a good experience with the Element brand. We definitely do things differently at our hotel and its great t know there things aren't going unnoticed. We're glad you liked our guestrooms and how fully equipped they are. Its also nice to hear you took advantage of some of our services such as the evening receptions and rise breakfast. we definitely hope you come back and stay with us again during your next visit to Miami.
Fredericton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Despite a very ordinary exterior, we were pleasantly surprised to find a modern, sleek interior which was clean and welcoming. The front desk staff were very helpful and recommended an amazing local restaurant. They also suggested using the hotel shuttle to get there and back - it will ferry guests anywhere in a 3 mile radius of the hotel. The room (which happened to be wheelchair accessible) was well appointed and attractive. We didn't have the opportunity to sample the breakfast as our flight left too early but we were able to grab a quick cup of coffee. All-in-all this is a very nice hotel which is conveniently located only 5 minutes from Miami International Airport.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Vail
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

This is an elegant, clean, ultra modern and green place to stay. My husband and I were so impressed with the service, the style and the overall class of this hotel. Hats off to Maggie, Anton and the amazing Italian driver of the shuttle from the airport. They all took the edge off of an otherwise very frustrating trip.

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review Michelle. It is so exciting to us to hear that you enjoyed your recent experience with the Element brand. We truly are a unique brand and we are so happy to hear you liked our clean, modern, and green hotel. We appreciate your positive feedback on some of our staff members and we definitely hope to see you and your husband again on your next visit to Miami.

Been to Element Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!