“Overnight stay for one day visit to Miami” 5 of 5 stars

Cyber Monday Exclusive
Ranked #25 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Overnight stay for one day visit to Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We were on our way to the Keys, and stayed in Miami for a day in order to check out the scenery. The hotel is bit far from the epicenter of Miami Beach, but what it lacks in location it makes up for in service, overall appointment, and price. We were renting a car to drive to the Keys, so it was a short drive from the airport to the hotel, aiding the location-aspect. The room was exactly what you need, and far exceeded my expectations. In the king-bed room we had full size kitchenette, complete with ceramic mugs, plates, silverware, cooking equipment, a full-size fridge and stove, and a dishwasher. This would be a truly great long-term stay, since I didn't want to leave! I (secretly/openly?) wished it was my apartment. I also loved how they saved space by having a pocket door to the bedroom. The king bed was luxurious and I had no trouble falling asleep. Bathroom was stylishly appointed and had everything we needed, except for maybe a bathtub. The evening reception also a great bonus (M-Thr. 5-7pm); it included free beer and wine and basically what could be parlayed into dinner, which helped us save money on dinner that night. Free food tastes the best! The breakfast bar also had an espresso/latte/cappuccino machine - so delicious!

Room Tip: to get a great view of the sunrise, have a southward-facing room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Excellent space and quality for long term stay. Location is not its best as it is not close to the city and its attractions but it is 10 min away by car. If you forget about the location, everything else was outstanding.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
M_Cartin, Starwood hotels at Element Miami International Airport, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your review. Its great to hear you liked our space and found it good for long term stays. We appreciate the feedback on the location but we do hope to see you again at the Element Miami International Airport hotel.
Dusseldorf, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The Hotel is near the airport, they have a 24hrs shuttle. Dino, the driver told me that they had a Barbecue/happy hour from 5-7pm. Burgers, hot dogs, beer and wine for free - unbelievable. The hotel is a bit young and stylish, very friendly staff. The room was a little studio, with kitchenette, bathroom was good, nice shower. The fitness room looked well equipped.

I had reserved through hotwire, 78€ for the night. Great value, if you consider the free happy hour. Without the burgers I would have starved because there is no restaurant and no shop around

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I was not expecting how nice the hotel was, the lobby was amazing; that's what gave me a good first impression! I also appreciated that it is a non-smoking hotel, though the smoking area outside should be further away from the front entryway. The room wasn't as big as I expected but it was still beautiful with a view of the lake (I would have been disappointed if the room was facing the front of the building). The breakfast … well wasn’t amazing, but certainly better than just a continental breakfast.
Cons: The location. It is in the middle of an area that is undergoing construction and nothing nearby within walking distance. At least the hotel does provide a free shuttle service anywhere within a 3 mile radius; which is a good thing, because if you do not have a vehicle, a taxi would be expensive.
Only problem that occur was the complimentary wireless did not work in the room and I had to go to the lobby to do work.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the lake.
ALL OVER THE WORLD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I booked this hotel through a Priceline Secret Hotel deal and got a great price.
I was overnighting in Miami before a morning flight and just needed somewhere to rest my head.

I really didn't have many negatives at all from my stay. I do agree with an earlier reviewer that from the outside, the property does look a little like a low security prison. The building exterior is very plain, which normally would just look cool, but the fact it is in a semi-industrial area with 8 foot metal fencing with sliding gates to access the property just gives a gloomy first impression. I also arrived after dark and the street the hotel is on is poorly lit and rather grim. As my GPS unit directed me onto the street, I thought that my device had messed up, as there is no way a hotel could be here, on a dark, narrow back street facing semi-industrial units, but there it is.

In the daylight the next morning, the location looked a little better, just a little. Then you realize HOW convenient the location is. The rental car center is at the end of the street, literally a 2 minute drive. Bonus points for that.

It is an airport hotel, not a Mexican beach resort.

Check in was fast, although the check in clerk really didn't converse much with me, just giving me the keys and pointing me to the elevator. I am not needy, but I am used to being asked if I need a wake up call and having the free breakfast and how to access the internet explained. Not a big deal. I was asked to fill in a registration card for my vehicle parked in the outdoor lot... I have no idea if there was a charge for parking or not.

behind reception is a small store, selling snack foods. It was very overpriced, $3 for a small bottle of soda. They do have a freezer with microwave meals in for purchase, but the selection was very poor. I arrived after the free buffet at night and there were no other food options and no food outlets local to the hotel.

The room was great. Oversized, small kitchenette with a microwave, fridge and basic utensils. Enough to get by. The decor of the room was nice, very modern. You could definitely see that it was a Starwood property. I recently stayed in an Aloft and some of the fittings were identical.

I would say there Starwood has three children. W Hotels is the Reality TV Star. All about the looks, image and exclusivity. Aloft is the wannabe hipster and then Element is the Yuppie business man. There is a good connectivity between these three brands. If you don't like the new modern style of hotel, you will likely not enjoy element.

The bed was WONDERFUL. Nice and soft. The pillows were a little soft for my liking, but OK. Internet was free and no access code was needed, so you could connect multiple devices. The speed was OK, but not lightening fast. But totally acceptable for free hotel wifi.

The bathroom was great. HUGE shower with nice Kohler fittings. Enough room in the shower for three people if the urge took you!

There were two packets of earplugs on the nightstand along with a note explaining that this is an airport hotel and as such, you should expect jet noise. And you got jet noise! I am not a light sleeper though so it did not affect my night at all.

The only one negative with the room was the fridge was VERY noisy, every half an hour or so it would shudder and make a high-pitched noise. I forgot to mention this at check out. (Room 555 if the hotel is reading this).

I would advise odd numbered rooms, such as mine, as they have a partial lake view and they overlook the hotel's terrace and pool. Nicer than the street view from even numbered rooms.

The free breakfast was very impressive. Toast, bagels and muffins, a couple of different kinds of breakfast burritios, danish pastries, juices and coffee (Although the coffee was undrinkably strong). It was a great start to my day of travel. Kudos to Element for that. Considerably better than any other free hotel breakfast I have had anywhere.

Overall, I was very happy with my stay and would not hesitate to use the Element brand again, but I understand why it may not appeal to some.

Room Tip: Get an odd numbered room to overlook the pool and lake. Some rooms could be a long walk from the ele...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

just about everything starwood brand does is good, including the layout and interior especially the bathrooms of this hotel. Pretty good hamburgers and hotdogs for free happy hour. Staff and shuttle are very attentive and prompt although some hotel stuff do not speak English. it may be 15 or 20 dollars higher than some other hotels but if you're looking for new nice clean an innovative free breakfast and happy hour this is the place. Ask for the rooms the overlook the pool and lake

• Stayed November 2013
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We usually have to do a layover in Miami on our way to/from the Caribbean and have tried several hotels in the airport area.

The interior design is very contemporary and modern but comfortable. The rooms look like showrooms at Ikea. The rooms aren't huge but are very conveniently and smartly laid out and designed. I used to have to stay for long periods (months at a time) in extended stay hotels for work and I WISH this chain had existed back then...I would have loved to say in one of these rooms instead.

The staff was friendly and responsive. The morning breakfast - which is included - was not only better than most complimentary breakfasts but unique - not the standard scrambled eggs and bacon in warming pans.

If I had any criticism of the hotel it would be that it's in a kind of industrial area without any stores or restaurants within walking distance - but the shuttles that take you to/from the airport will also take you to/from restaurants. Another positive is that the hotel is about a mile from a new major bus terminal where you can catch a bus to Lincoln Road or South Beach every 30 minutes for only 2 hours for only $2.00 each way.

Another positive is that although this hotel is very lose to the airport, we didn't have any issues with noise once we were in our room.

This will be the place we stay in Miami when we have to overnight there for all future trips!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Element Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!