“Nice hotel - questionable location” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #25 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Montreal, Canada
“Nice hotel - questionable location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed one night after a cruise. Hard to find since there is so much road construction around the Miami Airport. Sits in an unattractive industrial area on a canal. Room was nice and seems to be popular with long-term stays for people in training and flight crews. Shuttle drivers will take you to restaurants in the local area.

Found a small tube of toothpaste behind the door (left from a previous guest) and the toilet was clogged before we checked in - had to call maintenance. Rest of the room was clean.

Nice gym and outdoor pool.

I have stayed at Element before in Las Vegas and was familiar with the concept.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael M, General Manager at Element Miami International Airport, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Hello YULtravels,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. You're right, the hotel can be difficult to find with all of the construction around the airport and we the cornerstone of an urban revitalization project on Lake Palmer but once you're on the hotel grounds I think you'll agree that it's like you're at a small resort.

I will definately speak to housekeeping about the issue with the toothpaste you found - that's not the kind of amenities we like to offer.

Glad you found the gym and the pool to be nice - I love them both, personally.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and thank you so much for staying with us.

Mike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Thomaston, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed at the Element at Miami International airport for one night awaiting a cruise. The staff were friendly and well trained to represent their product well on the front line. The room was clean and modern and the bed was comfortable. There were no problems with the room and all items worked correctly. To sum it up excellent service, value, sleep quality, and cleanliness. The location score depends on your needs. We needed something close to the airport so the location was perfect.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings Gary K,

Thank you so much for the great review! I'm glad you found us to be friendly, comfortable, clean and modern. We like to consider ourselves an oasis tucked away in at the airport.

Come and visit us again the next time you're in Miami!

Miami Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed at the Element Miami International Airport on a overnight to Los Angeles. It's a newly built building with modern decor. Each room comes with a frig, microwave, and mini-stove. The location is not so great as if sits on a street that is not well lit. But the shuttle service to the airport is consist and the staff is quite nice. They also offer a continental breakfast. I enjoy this location when I have to fly out early from MIA INTL Airport.

Room Tip: Try to get personal amenities as there is no where safe nearby to get them.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Greetings slynsobe,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! I'm glad you find us to be a value with nice staff and modern decor.

I noticed that your room tip says to try to get personal amenities. Well, we have done just that. We now have personal amenities in our Re:Store market available for purchase. Thanks for the tip!

Thank you again for your feedback and thank you for staying with us.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed here last month for one night prior to going on a cruise departing out of Miami. My travel agent recommended this one, and I didn't even know what to expect. Upon arrival, the staff at the lobby were very cordial and helpful and expedited the check-in process without any difficulty. The decor of the lobby or the area near the tv is very warm and inviting. The breakfast/dining area is almost cafeteria style-ish.

The room- As soon as I entered my room, my jaw dropped! They had me sold on that kitchen set up! It made you want to go and buy groceries and start cooking! The bathroom was great as well. The bed was very comfy and cozy. I didn't have any problems with the room, it was a great overnight experience.

The continental breakfast was great also! They had enough choices to choose from and the guests kind of shuttle in at different times so you didn't have to worry about not having anywhere to sit.

If you do stay at this hotel, you need a rental car. You can't walk around in the area and there aren't really many eating options either. We just happened to stumble on a latin place for dinner.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Greetings Javon W,

Thank you so much for the feedback! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

I agree with you about the rooms, they spacious and offer all the amenities you would need to live comfortably for a night or several months.

You're also right about needing a car if you want to get to attractions and beaches. Did you know however that we provide complimentary shuttle service anywhere within a 3 mile radius?

We're in the midst of an urban revitalization and with that will come restaurants and shopping but you know what they say, all good things to those who wait, and we're waiting patiently ;-)

Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us and thank you so much for being out guest.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

It all depends what you are in Miami for. If you just a transit traveler and need to stay close to the airport, this hotel is excellent. Staff was very friendly, room was clean and modern and if you get a lake view, even better.

We were spending an extra day in Miami before our cruise and wanted to see the city, especially South Beach. In the end, it would have cost us the same to stay somewhere at South Beach hotel due to extra transportation and parking costs. Also, there is nothing in terms of restaurants or places to go around the hotel. You need a car if you want to move around.

So, not necessarily a knock on the hotel, just its location (pool is nice though). Next time we are taking cruise out of Miami we will definitely pay extra $100 or so to stay on South Beach.

Room Tip: Lake view, however same side is also facing the airport.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Good Day Timo1234,

Thank you so much for staying with us and thank you for sharing your feedback!

The hotel's location just 1 mile from the airport on Lake Palmer in the midst of an urban revitalization so there's a lot of contruction around the hotel so you're absolutely right when you say there isn't much to see or do in the area immediately surrounding the hotel.

I'm glad you found the hotel to be nice and our staff to be pleasant. I think we have a little urban oasis here in the heart of the airport area and the area will only get better with time.

Thank you again for your feedback and thank you for being our guest.

Best Regards,
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Clean, Crisp, Elegant, Thoughtful and Fresh. This is our first time at the Element Miami located a 6 min shuttle ride from the Miami International Airport. Upon driving up the structure is modern, crisp with luxurious design for clean and non fussy decor. The lounge is well lit with 50 box lights that are soft and soothing. Sectional Sofa groupings are plentiful for conversation or reflection. Bar stools and elevated counters are modern and comfortable. The rooms are large enough to live in fulltime. Almost as large as my 500K condo in downtown Seattle. Full Kitchen and Full Refrigerator.All electronics plug into receiver boxes. Sectional sofa in the room and beautiful bath. But Breakfast was exceptional choices. Clean, good quality food , with no carbohydrate heavy filler junk food. Loved this place !! Can't wait to return. Nextime the pool with piped in music may be my first stop.

Room Tip: All the rooms are spacious. Blackout drapes are installed and the quality of the rooms in very high.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hello Michael G!

Thanks for staying with us and thank you so much for sharing your experience! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay!

Our light, bright and open spaces make people feel right at home and I'm glad we were able to do that for you.

Come on back soon, the pool awaits!

Warm Regards from Miami,
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I am a frequent traveler (Starwood platinum). This hotel has the worst customer service I've seen. I asked the front desk to add my husband's name to our reservation as we were only staying for one night and he was getting in earlier than me. They confirmed he was added and asked for the spelling of his name. When I arrived at 1am, I saw my husband standing outside the hotel because they wouldn't let him check in. Add to that a 15 minute wait at the front desk before I could check in. When we finally got to the front desk, Robert said he didn't know anything about my husband's name being added and was discourteous and disrespectful. I would avoid this hotel if you want to get a good night's sleep.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Good Day Webquackers,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with this. This is obviously not the kind of service we wish to provide to our guests and I'm sorry that you had to experience it.

I will certainly speak to our team and share your story so that they can understand the impact of their service to our guests.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and thank you for staying at Element.

Best Regards,
Mike

Been to Element Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!