“Good for airport and long stay” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #26 of 130 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ystad, Sverige
“Good for airport and long stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed here around christmas with 2 kids! Perfect, close to airport and a very good selection of amenities! Big hot pool, great fitnesscenter and fairly good breakfast! Rooms with kitchen, clean, nice big bathroom! Room can feel a lttle crowded if yoy use the pull out sofa bed, other than that..everything is good! We´ll certainly stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

530 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Hayes, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed overnight here prior to our cruise and were very pleased with our choice! Hotel is close to airport and has shuttle. We booked the cruise package which included transportation to the pier the next day (did not include return transportation). This was a much better value for us than purchasing the transfers through Disney. Pool here is beautiful! Our daughter had a great time just dangling her feet. Outside at pool planes flying overhead were very loud, but inside was great - barely heard them! This was a great value for the cost - would definitely stay here again! Please note - no restaurants close by but hotel shuttle offered to take us places for dinner.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Scranton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed here pre & post cruise. Both stays we booked two rooms. Pre-cruise we had 2 standard king suites. Since we had four people in each of these rooms, it was a bit cramped. When you pull out the sofa bed it left only one foot between the end of the real bed and the sofa bed. Very inconvenient when trying to get through in the middle of the night. When the sofa was left as is, there was plenty of room to maneuver.

Each room had a full kitchen and nice work area. I think this hotel would be perfect for a business traveler needing to spread out for a few days. The bath was great. There was a large walk in shower that even had a handheld shower. The bathroom had a lot of square footage and counter space.

Post cruise we had the standard king suite and a one bedroom king suite. The one bedroom was larger and had a sliding door to close off the bedroom area. There was a portable kitchen table with ottomans on wheels for extra seating, a large work desk area, and a semi defined living room area. There was a larger kitchen area as well. The bathroom was the same as the standard room. Bedding was so comfortable, as usual.

The lobby was spacious and breakfast was served daily. There is water and coffee always available as well as a small "store" area to purchase soda, water, and snacks. The pool area is beautiful. It sits on a lake and there is a fire pit for evening enjoyment. The only drawback is that there are many, many flights leaving Miami airport and they fly right overhead.

I did not really notice any plane noise while in my room. My room was on the third floor overlooking the back of the hotel on the first stay and on the first floor facing the front of the hotel on my second stay.

Parking is $7 per day and long term is available. The hotel is secure with a gate all around it. Cars and cabs need to wait for gate to open. It is conveniently located near the airport and there is a complimentary shuttle that runs every half hour. The front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. I emailed them with a few questions prior to my trip and I received a response almost immediately.

There is nothing around the hotel such as restaurants, shops, or bars. The shuttle will take you anywhere within a three mile radius if you need. We took a taxi to downtown Miami and it was approximately $25 with the tip for three passengers.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I need to be near the airport. I used my SPG points for my rooms.

Room Tip: Some rooms can be a long walk either from the lobby or the elevator. If this is a concern be sure t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I needed a hotel for a one night stay, and the Element fit the bill perfectly. In my opinion, the Element is a slightly better version of the Aloft brand hotels. The hotel is new, so the lobby, gym, room, and pool areas were extremely clean. The staff was very courteous and professional. I didn't know when I booked my room, but the hotel offered a light dinner and breakfast at no extra cost. I think that in regards to the dinner, breakfast, and being a new hotel. The Element is a great value. The only piece of advice that I will offer is this. The hotel is located in what looks like a industrial area/park near the airport. There's no restaurants or anything close in walking distance. So, if you're just passing thru and need a great room with dinner and breakfast included. I recommend the Element.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel, because if you don't you will be awakened by the s...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
San Juan, null, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed during the month of July 2012 and I have to say that I was impressed by the experience. I was a bit doubtful because of reviews. But the hotel staff were amazing, helpful, and very detail oriented. One thing you is, you NEED to have a vehicle for transportation because this hotel is a far from restaurants and grocery stores.

It is lacking in the food department, since they do not have Room Service or a local Restaurant. But other than that, a very good hotel. Definitely recommend it for families. The kitchen in the room is a definite plus.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed at the Element Hotel at the Miami Airport for one night after coming back from vacation. I thought it would be an easy 1 night with kids at a new hotel before returning home. We arrived around 5pm to Miami airport. First, I couldn't get anyone to answer at the hotel to find out about the shuttle. After around 15 minutes of calls and holding, we were told the shuttle comes every 30 minutes. It came quickly. We arrived at the hotel and promptly got our room. The hotel was dark and dreary although it was sunny outside. The lighting was not adequate. The colors are really dark. The doors to the rooms were an awful grey color and metal. it reminded me of an institution. The whole time I was there, I felt like I was in some kind of old dorm room or old hospital room. It was awful. It was clean and they had everything you need, but we won't be staying there again. I was told by my husband and kids that the breakfast was great. We are Starwood members and try to stay at Starwood hotels. Not up to Starwood standards for sure.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed twice on recent trip back/forth through Miami. Shuttle drivers were fantastic and very accommodating including dropping me off at a restaurant. Rooms were spacious, modern and minimalist yet well appointed. The full kitchen blew me away...but who shops for food when in transit? Like the concept but not sure it belongs at an airport. What made total sense was the lobby breakfast service which was included...excellent hot and cold choices with plenty of seating. Key note: airport shuttle pick-up service is on the 1/2 hour; don't miss it...it's a long, loud wait so keep your eyes peeled for the green/white shuttle van...easy to miss.

Room Tip: King studio is an excellent choice...awesome amenities and layout.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Element Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!