“Great hotel if you're passing thru” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #28 of 130 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta
“Great hotel if you're passing thru”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I needed a hotel for a one night stay, and the Element fit the bill perfectly. In my opinion, the Element is a slightly better version of the Aloft brand hotels. The hotel is new, so the lobby, gym, room, and pool areas were extremely clean. The staff was very courteous and professional. I didn't know when I booked my room, but the hotel offered a light dinner and breakfast at no extra cost. I think that in regards to the dinner, breakfast, and being a new hotel. The Element is a great value. The only piece of advice that I will offer is this. The hotel is located in what looks like a industrial area/park near the airport. There's no restaurants or anything close in walking distance. So, if you're just passing thru and need a great room with dinner and breakfast included. I recommend the Element.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel, because if you don't you will be awakened by the s...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

529 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
San Juan, null, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed during the month of July 2012 and I have to say that I was impressed by the experience. I was a bit doubtful because of reviews. But the hotel staff were amazing, helpful, and very detail oriented. One thing you is, you NEED to have a vehicle for transportation because this hotel is a far from restaurants and grocery stores.

It is lacking in the food department, since they do not have Room Service or a local Restaurant. But other than that, a very good hotel. Definitely recommend it for families. The kitchen in the room is a definite plus.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed at the Element Hotel at the Miami Airport for one night after coming back from vacation. I thought it would be an easy 1 night with kids at a new hotel before returning home. We arrived around 5pm to Miami airport. First, I couldn't get anyone to answer at the hotel to find out about the shuttle. After around 15 minutes of calls and holding, we were told the shuttle comes every 30 minutes. It came quickly. We arrived at the hotel and promptly got our room. The hotel was dark and dreary although it was sunny outside. The lighting was not adequate. The colors are really dark. The doors to the rooms were an awful grey color and metal. it reminded me of an institution. The whole time I was there, I felt like I was in some kind of old dorm room or old hospital room. It was awful. It was clean and they had everything you need, but we won't be staying there again. I was told by my husband and kids that the breakfast was great. We are Starwood members and try to stay at Starwood hotels. Not up to Starwood standards for sure.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed twice on recent trip back/forth through Miami. Shuttle drivers were fantastic and very accommodating including dropping me off at a restaurant. Rooms were spacious, modern and minimalist yet well appointed. The full kitchen blew me away...but who shops for food when in transit? Like the concept but not sure it belongs at an airport. What made total sense was the lobby breakfast service which was included...excellent hot and cold choices with plenty of seating. Key note: airport shuttle pick-up service is on the 1/2 hour; don't miss it...it's a long, loud wait so keep your eyes peeled for the green/white shuttle van...easy to miss.

Room Tip: King studio is an excellent choice...awesome amenities and layout.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This hotel is bizarre - like a Kimpton wanna-be, but not even close. It's in a seedy neighborhood and the lobby looks like a college rec center. The room stunk, the floor was sticky, the air conditioner vent is right in front of the beds so the cold air blows directly on your head, and the the constant sound of airplanes taking off (very poorly insulated) led to a sleepless night. There isn't a restaurant or bar in the hotel or within walking distance (you would not want to venture outside of the locked gates at night anyway) - not sure why anyone would select this hotel. On a positive note, the check-in staff was pleasant and the beds were comfortable.

Tegucigalpa, Honduras
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

A late night flight cancellation left me scrambling for a hotel, I am SPG member, called SPG and since Sheraton was sold out, they recommended ELEMENT. Never heard of them, but they were priced ok, so went for it. First impression was not so good since they did not pick up phone, called twice, each time on hold for more than 10 minutes, until finally someone picked up and sent shuttle. Shuttle did take some time, and I was already exhausted and irritable because of travelling since early in the morning.

Finally when shuttle picked me up, from there it all improved, shuttle driver was super friendly, check in was quick and when I took a look at the place I was wowed. Modern décor, brand new. The room was impressive, full kitchen, stocked with everything! I went twice to front desk and the poor guy was dealing with a huge crowd of incoming guests. Finally I got to him, ordered a wake up call, that never happened.

Great breakfast every morning
Offer free wifi and you can also print boarding passes at no extra cost in lobby desktops.
Location is adjacent to runway.
No bar, no restaurant
Free hot drinks in the reception area, coffee machine, espresso maker, self service, wow!
Brand new and rooms are in excellent condition. Bathrooms are simple and stylish. Comfortable rooms.
Full kitchen and fridge, microwave, stove, glass backsplash
Favorite of airline crew, which come in big groups and overwhelm check in.
The shuttle picked us up at the terminal, to the hotel takes about 10 mins.
The driver did offer a ride and pick up to anywhere within a 3 mile radius, so that is nice. The driver also carries a cooler and gave us water.
brand new, so everything is in excellent condition.

I find great irony when I see these excellent airport hotels which I just use for a quick overnight stay. This hotel would make a very nice property in any beach, city center or tourist destination.

They do have to properly staff front desk so they can answer phones and deal with the avalanche of guests that come all at once in the shuttle vans.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed to 2 nights and I loved it.

Great rooms, amazing beds (so comfortable) full kitchen with everything you need. The hotel has no restaurant but offers a great breakfast every morning. They offer free wifi and you can also print at no extra cost.

When we arrived our room was not ready, it took them 30 minutes to give us the keys buy manager took care of our parking fee for the inconvenience.

The only thing I didnt like was the location. Yes, its close to the airport but with a lot of construction going on its very easy to get lost + its in a industrial area (no other hotels or restaurants close by)

Overall I would recommend this hotel and if I ever visit miami I would stay here again

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Element Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!