“Did not expect the Modern Decor, comfortable bed and full kitchen” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Element Miami International Airport

Book Early and Save
Ranked #22 of 115 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
“Did not expect the Modern Decor, comfortable bed and full kitchen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

A late night flight cancellation left me scrambling for a hotel, I am SPG member, called SPG and since Sheraton was sold out, they recommended ELEMENT. Never heard of them, but they were priced ok, so went for it. First impression was not so good since they did not pick up phone, called twice, each time on hold for more than 10 minutes, until finally someone picked up and sent shuttle. Shuttle did take some time, and I was already exhausted and irritable because of travelling since early in the morning.

Finally when shuttle picked me up, from there it all improved, shuttle driver was super friendly, check in was quick and when I took a look at the place I was wowed. Modern décor, brand new. The room was impressive, full kitchen, stocked with everything! I went twice to front desk and the poor guy was dealing with a huge crowd of incoming guests. Finally I got to him, ordered a wake up call, that never happened.

Great breakfast every morning
Offer free wifi and you can also print boarding passes at no extra cost in lobby desktops.
Location is adjacent to runway.
No bar, no restaurant
Free hot drinks in the reception area, coffee machine, espresso maker, self service, wow!
Brand new and rooms are in excellent condition. Bathrooms are simple and stylish. Comfortable rooms.
Full kitchen and fridge, microwave, stove, glass backsplash
Favorite of airline crew, which come in big groups and overwhelm check in.
The shuttle picked us up at the terminal, to the hotel takes about 10 mins.
The driver did offer a ride and pick up to anywhere within a 3 mile radius, so that is nice. The driver also carries a cooler and gave us water.
brand new, so everything is in excellent condition.

I find great irony when I see these excellent airport hotels which I just use for a quick overnight stay. This hotel would make a very nice property in any beach, city center or tourist destination.

They do have to properly staff front desk so they can answer phones and deal with the avalanche of guests that come all at once in the shuttle vans.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed to 2 nights and I loved it.

Great rooms, amazing beds (so comfortable) full kitchen with everything you need. The hotel has no restaurant but offers a great breakfast every morning. They offer free wifi and you can also print at no extra cost.

When we arrived our room was not ready, it took them 30 minutes to give us the keys buy manager took care of our parking fee for the inconvenience.

The only thing I didnt like was the location. Yes, its close to the airport but with a lot of construction going on its very easy to get lost + its in a industrial area (no other hotels or restaurants close by)

Overall I would recommend this hotel and if I ever visit miami I would stay here again

• Stayed December 2012
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

First of all, I will say not all the staffs were rude. The guy who checked us in was very friendly.

About a month ago I had called both the hotel (and the starwood reservation line) to inquire about package handling policy. I was told by both (AND found the actual wording online, attached in picture) that there was no problem to get a package sent to me at the hotel even a few weeks earlier, and there would be a $5 handling fee. (as stated on the website, per package)

When I requested to pick up my package, the man there started saying that it would be $5 per day. Meaning that since my package arrived more than 3 weeks early, he was going to charge me nearly $150 handling fee. I told him I had called twice to confirm, and he insisted that "if you called the hotel directly, our staff would know and tell you it is PER DAY" he also said "it is stated on our website that it is $5 PER DAY". Since my package was only worth $80, I told him I won't bother picking it up then. However, after I finished my conversation with him, I went on their hotel website and found the wording: "there is a $5.00 handling and storage fee per package which will be added to your folio/room bill". I printed the screen and brought it to the front desk, but the man refused to look at it.

Link to policy: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/element/property/overview/announcements.html?propertyID=3450

I then asked to see the manager, and he refused to get the manager. He kept saying the manager is away. I was very upset with this and he said the website is wrong. When I continued to insist speaking to the manager, he then suddenly said he'll let me have my package "this time". I'm sorry - this was not my mistake. It is clearly printed on starwood's Element hotel website, and the two people I spoke to prior, both gave me the same exact answer. Not only did this guy try to rip me off (and I wonder how many other guests he ripped off) he refused to get the manager and was rude.

Further more, we had booked a one-bedroom suite, and the handle in the bedroom door was broken and not fixed (there was a screw on the floor).

Overall, if you are just looking to stay for one night to catch a plane it is fine. But when you've got problems, they are definitely not going to be helpful. And watch the fees!

PUERTO RICO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Convenient to airport... shuttle service offered.

Nice spacious room, clean and modern design, comfortable bed, and includes impressive kitchen with everything you need, toaster, microwave, refrigerator, etc..

Hotel has no bar, no restaurant. Free breakfast was a real plus.. more than expected....omelet might be a bit cold, but you can take it to your room and warm it in the microwave...

There were free hot drinks in the reception area, (great coffee machine), small shop for other snacks, a swimming pool and a good sized gym.

The location was not so good, distant from shops or restaurant facilities, nothing close to walk to, and the area did not feel that great to walk in. Mostly an industrial area.

If you have to drive, there are currently several road detours to get there. GPS won't help, contact the hotel for directions on the easiest way to get there.. Hotel charges $9.00 for the parking.

Customer service could be improved. Carpets in the hallways are dirty with lots of stains.. need to be replaced urgently...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Windermere, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Recently stayed here as a pit stop in the Miami area, and thought to try this hotel out as my first try at the Element brand. It is brand new and rooms are in excellent condition. The rooms have a distinct arrangement the way the living area (with pullout sofa-bed) is separate from the bedroom, as well as having a kitchen and fridge. The hotel also offers free internet, a pool, and a fitness center.

The hotel also offers a free (and decent) continental breakfast - though because it is free it is quite crowded and they could be a little more prompt in getting more food out. There is also a rather lackluster "light" dinner that we did not need nor expect anyway.

If you plan to do anything other than shuttle to the airport, you will need a car as there is nothing in the area.

All in all, if you are looking for an airport hotel in Miami, or just want a place to crash as you drive around exploring the Miami area, it is a good choice.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night before departing on a cruise out of the Port of Miami in December 2012. We arrived late at night (around midnight) at Miami International Airport. I called the hotel and a nice man answered and dispatched the shuttle. The shuttle picked us up at the terminal about 15 mins later, and we were on our way to the hotel. The journey to the hotel takes about 10 mins. It was late, so I didn't get a good look at the surrounding area.

Upon arrival at the hotel we checked in - our keys were ready and the process took about 30 seconds. There were four of us staying in a one-bedroom suite. The room was compact but well appointed with two TV's, pull-out couch, separate bedroom and nice bathroom.

Complimentary breakfast was included, which was more than adequate. To get to the port we took a taxi. If there are two or more of you it is much cheaper to take a cab, then to pay for the shuttle, which is $12 per person.

Overall, the hotel was clean, relaxing and pleasant. The staff (especially Housekeeping) were extremely nice.

In summary, I'd recommend this hotel without hesitation.

Pros and cons are as follows:

PROS:
- Nice large well appointed rooms
- Excellent complimentary breakfast
- Free wireless internet
- Modern feel
- Good housekeeping staff
- Free airport shuttle

CONS:
- Not walking distance to bars/restaurants
- Shuttle to port is overpriced (but not operated by the hotel so not really their fault)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

If you are passing by and using Miami as a pit stop, this hotel is just right on. Only few minutes from Miami International with free shuttle, it makes this hotel a great choice for a stop over. Surprisingly though, it has a full kitchen with dishes and huge fridge with oven to cook, so It can be your second home if you are on long term business trip. Everything is new and the Element has a Neuovo look inside and outside. The pool at the property is a nice bonus during hot days. If your price includes breakfast, it's a good way to start your day. There is no restaurant at the hotel, but the front desk has menues of some fine establishments close by.

Room Tip: Try to get the lake view. At least it's more scenic than the road view.