“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami

Save Saved
You added The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami to your Saves list
The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3300 SW 27th Avenue, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #21 of 129 Hotels in Miami
London
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

My party of 12 arrived at the Ritz hotel on Friday 11th September 2009 after having a big problem with a rental property we were intending on staying in and having my wedding at. Upon check in the reception staff were extremely welcoming and pleasant. My mother briefly explained our situation and upon entering my room one of the reception staff knocked on my door and explained that they would like to offer for us to have our wedding at the hotel complimentary. This was an amazing gesture and one I am truely thankful for. We then met with Jeysa who was a dream to work with and considering our time scale (5 days)managed to turn my our wedding day into one I could only have dreamed of. All the staff at the hotel were wonderful and the service is the best I have ever had, and all of my party were in agreement. I would also like to pay a special mention to Jorge round the pool who was so friendly and helpful but not in annoying not let you do anything for youself kind of way, a pleasure to talk to every day. Thank you all so much for making our stay and wedding wonderful.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Inch Marlow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

Everyone at the hotel plays their part in making you feel special and its difficult to fault
anything.

Our package (Peace of Mind) included daily American breakfast, but what they don't tell you (until you check-in) is that there is a maximum credit of $22 per day. There is no buffet so you have to order off an a la carte menu and either stay within the $22 or pay any difference.
I found this a little nit-picking and frankly reflects badly on a 5 star hotel.
The ONLY other criticism was the restaurant where breakfast was served, considering the location, had no view. You could have been anywhere.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

We stayed in the executive suite and it was spacious and had a very good decor. There were two bathrooms which were also good. The only criticism I had was that the air con did not work properly in the main bedroom despite us telling the staff about it. On the whole though this is a very nice hotel and staying in Coconut Grove is alot more peaceful then staying in South Beach. Better value for money.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2009

Our overall rating of this hotel is exceptional!! We were celebrating our birthdays and came to the decision to select The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, in Miami. Upon our arrival, we were greeted with the most courteous staff from the valet attendants to Natalie, the best concierge we've ever encountered!! We experienced all of the luxuries that the Ritz Coconut Grove has to offer and then more!! We were treated like a king and queen. Natalie recommended the Chart House restaurant and WOW what a treat!! You will FOREVER be in our memories! We're still smiling!! God bless you all!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2009

I was there on business for a conference.
I found this hotel classy , elegant which is usually a combination of the premices , the staff and the clientele.
The atmosphere was relaxed and classy. My favorite.
Very nice lobby, very helpful concierge nice pool (not a resort pool, but nicer pool than typical for city hotel), good room with excellent bathroom, nice balcony. Service was excellent.
This is partly a hotel and partly a RC residence. I was not too fond of the building itself (I prefer lower structures) , but the inside (rooms, lobby, restaurants, pool) compensated nicely.
Coconut Grove will not keep you busy more than a couple of hours or for diner. It is a "quiet" place. Miami beach is kilometers away. Personnally I like these places, near the hot places, but not in the middle of it. So this hotel is perfect from that perspective. If you like your shopping, befores and afters at the foot of the hotel ... search for another place.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

I wouldn't be able to afford it most times - but it was a good deal on Expedia and my birthday treat. The only gripe I would have is the cost of the aprking and the charge for internet - but I guess if you have to worry about such things you shouldn't really be in the Ritz Carlton in the first place!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Arlington, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

The service at the Ritz-Carlton in Coconut Groce was excellent. The front desk was more than accomodating. When we asked for help they went above and beyond. Our room was gorgeous with a view of the bay. Every dettail of the room was perfect when we walked in. It had everything we needed, was very clean, and was at a perfect temperature. Nothing can beat the relaxing "imagine" music video that plays on the television in the room. It took only seconds to feel like I was truely on vacation. The breakfast offered in the hotel restaurant was delicious. When we wanted to leave the hotel there was so much to do just a few steps away. We enjoyed walking to the restaurants and bars just blocks away from the hotel. There is nothing I didn't like about staying at the Ritz-Carlton in Coconut Grove other than the fact that I couldn't stay longer.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami? Share your experiences!