“Solid Stay.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami

Save Saved
You added The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami to your Saves list
The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3300 SW 27th Avenue, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #20 of 130 hotels in Miami
Miami, Florida
“Solid Stay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stayed at the hotel for one night with my wife. Solid location about 10 mins walk into the main part of the Grove. Service was very good in the most part. Breakfast service was a bit lacklustre - a couple of mistakes made (forgot my wife's juice, then forgot part of the breakfast she ordered). Overall solid stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Zeldar T, Manager at The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear IWH87,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the viewers of TripAdvisor. We appreciate your wonderful comments on the service you received as well, your comments on the areas that we can improve in. It is our mission to provide the finest personalized service and facility to our guests so that they may feel like part of our little family in the Grove. Your feedback is such a big part of our continued effort to make this possible. Thank you once again for sharing your comments and for making us your home while traveling.

345 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Korean first
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Arrived here on Friday for a girls getaway and was not disappointed. Unlike the Ritz Key Biscayne, EVERYONE on the staff here is friendly and goes out of their way to be helpful. We were able to check in early, which was wonderful! The pool is warm and has an "infinity" feel to it. All of the pool staff were constantly checking in to see if we needed refills or water. The rooms were immaculate and spacious. I wasn't thrilled with the toiletries (Ritz Cayman has Bulgari that smells amazing), but shower and bathroom were large and well maintained. The location is quiet. If you are looking for party atmosphere, this is not the place. Coco walk is a 5 minute walk from the hotel, and has a nice selection of restaurants, although you will find some chains as well. We didn't eat in the hotel, but the breakfast looked excellent. South beach is about a 10-15 minute taxi away, and brickell is a bit closer. We found the construction in the area to kind of be the norm, as every neighborhood we visited was riddled with half finished buildings and cranes. So if that bothers you, Miami might not be your place. Other than that, ask for Giovanni in the main lobby, he have great suggestions and was very personable and helpful. A fantastic stay and highly recommended! Easy to access beach and other areas of Miami by taxi. We never paid more than $20. Definitely will be back.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Keirao,

Thank you for giving us feedback on your wonderful experience at The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami. It is our mission to provide the finest personalized service and facility to our guests so that they may feel like part of our little family in the Grove. Your feedback is such a big part of our continued effort to make this possible. Thank you once again for sharing your comments and for making us your home while traveling.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

The hotel lived up to the experience you expect from a Ritz Carlton. Excellent service, well appointed bedrooms and good food. This is a relatively small property for a Ritz and is more business / conference orientated. It is in a quieter part of Miami so don't expect the lively atmosphere of South Beach.
Overall a very good hotel and ideal for a business conference.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear John,

It is such a pleasure to read your wonderful comments of your experience with us! We are always striving to provide the finest service and facility to our guests in hopes of making them feel like part of our little family in the Grove. Your feedback is a great tool in our continued success. Thank you so very much for your comments and for making us your home while traveling.

Sao Paulo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Again in Miami for a weekend ,my choice for hotel was Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove,and I am so glad that I did it!!!
Entering the hotel I saw one of he most charming and classy lobby ever!!!A lot of purple:sofa,orchids,but everything with extremely good taste.
Staff was really amazing.From John,who I had the chance of talking on the phone two days before checking in(I called to ask him to pre check us in, and I was all set in seconds) to Giovanni who brought our lugagge to the room.Victoria ,from front desk taught us a trick with our I phone when playing a photographer for us.Anne offered a sparkling wine in our checking out.Everybody was so nice!!!
The pool was so quiet in the morning and we had a chance to see the shadow of the coconuts trees in the water,making one of the most beautiful pictures I have ever taken!!!Ritz also provided complimentary sunbathing lotion for the guests!!!
THe room was large and the marble bathroom classy.
I must say that I loved my short stay!!!Congratulations to the Ritz team!!!

Room Tip: Nothing better than a room with a view of the ocean!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Liylly,

I am so happy to read your wonderful feedback of your experience with us! Everyone from John, Victoria, Geovanny and the entire team was touched by your words. We always aim to provide genuine care and comfort to our guests in hopes of making them feel like part of our little family in the Grove. Thank you so very much for your comments and for making us your home while traveling.

New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

There is nothing out of the ordinary about this property. Hotel rooms reed renovation. Lobby is gorgeous. Staff is spotty - when we checked in at almost 2 AM after delayed flight and terrible trip, they made us wait at the front desk even when we called ahead for 20 minutes until they found a room. Alternatively the next morning the front desk staff was great and very helpful! The staff at the pool was horrible. I sat out there for 2 hours and no one came to me to ask if I needed anything. I actually flagged one down and asked for a menu and he never came back. I had to go to the bar for a drink and waited an additional 15 minutes there. The next day was no better. The pool has no security - there is a gate in the back that anyone from the street can access.

Brunch was amazing with bottomless mimosas! The food at the hotel restaurant inside was also great for lunch. Pricey, but expected for the Ritz. All in all if I had the chance to go to Miami again, I would go to Key Biscayne and not here. It's not worth the money!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Zeldar T, Manager at The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Tinamagil,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on tripadvisor. I am quite disappointed to learn that we failed to provide you with the care and personalized service that our company is known for. Please accept my deepest apologies for this unpleasant experience. Our guest feedback is a very important part of our continued efforts to provide the finest personalized service to all of our guests. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further on this matter. You are welcome to contact me at 786-470-1111. Thank you for staying with us and I truly hope in time you will give us a chance to recreate your experience.

Woodland Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The service , the food , the spa , top Notch! Sitting by the pool , they constantly serve free drinks and snacks.....the staff is amazing ! Even though it was a bit expensive , it was totally worth it!

Room Tip: I would definitely get a balcony on the ocean , it was simply lovely .
Green Features: perfect ...they are on the ball and save water. The sheets are so soft and silky , and so pristine , you do not need to change your sheets every day .
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Goddess1111,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on tripadvisor. It truly is a great reward for me and my team to read such wonderful comments. Ensuring that our guests receives the finest personalized service and feel at home is one of our highest missions.
Thank you for making us your destination while traveling and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

my company uses this hotel for a conference every year. we have tried a few hotels in Miami but this hotel stands head and shoulders above the rest, not just for the hotel itself but the friendliness and professionalism of the staff.

i am looking forward to seeing everyone again soon!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Splinter2626,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the viewers of tripadvisor. We truly value our guest responses as these are great tools to help further improve on our service, products and facility.
I hope the next time you return to us; we are able to exceed your expectation. Thank you for staying at The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager

Been to The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami? Share your experiences!