“Reliable Ritz!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami

You added The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3300 SW 27th Avenue, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #21 of 110 Hotels in Miami
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Reliable Ritz!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

The hotel lived up to the experience you expect from a Ritz Carlton. Excellent service, well appointed bedrooms and good food. This is a relatively small property for a Ritz and is more business / conference orientated. It is in a quieter part of Miami so don't expect the lively atmosphere of South Beach.
Overall a very good hotel and ideal for a business conference.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Zeldar T, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear John,

It is such a pleasure to read your wonderful comments of your experience with us! We are always striving to provide the finest service and facility to our guests in hopes of making them feel like part of our little family in the Grove. Your feedback is a great tool in our continued success. Thank you so very much for your comments and for making us your home while traveling.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sao Paulo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Again in Miami for a weekend ,my choice for hotel was Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove,and I am so glad that I did it!!!
Entering the hotel I saw one of he most charming and classy lobby ever!!!A lot of purple:sofa,orchids,but everything with extremely good taste.
Staff was really amazing.From John,who I had the chance of talking on the phone two days before checking in(I called to ask him to pre check us in, and I was all set in seconds) to Giovanni who brought our lugagge to the room.Victoria ,from front desk taught us a trick with our I phone when playing a photographer for us.Anne offered a sparkling wine in our checking out.Everybody was so nice!!!
The pool was so quiet in the morning and we had a chance to see the shadow of the coconuts trees in the water,making one of the most beautiful pictures I have ever taken!!!Ritz also provided complimentary sunbathing lotion for the guests!!!
THe room was large and the marble bathroom classy.
I must say that I loved my short stay!!!Congratulations to the Ritz team!!!

Room Tip: Nothing better than a room with a view of the ocean!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Liylly,

I am so happy to read your wonderful feedback of your experience with us! Everyone from John, Victoria, Geovanny and the entire team was touched by your words. We always aim to provide genuine care and comfort to our guests in hopes of making them feel like part of our little family in the Grove. Thank you so very much for your comments and for making us your home while traveling.

New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

There is nothing out of the ordinary about this property. Hotel rooms reed renovation. Lobby is gorgeous. Staff is spotty - when we checked in at almost 2 AM after delayed flight and terrible trip, they made us wait at the front desk even when we called ahead for 20 minutes until they found a room. Alternatively the next morning the front desk staff was great and very helpful! The staff at the pool was horrible. I sat out there for 2 hours and no one came to me to ask if I needed anything. I actually flagged one down and asked for a menu and he never came back. I had to go to the bar for a drink and waited an additional 15 minutes there. The next day was no better. The pool has no security - there is a gate in the back that anyone from the street can access.

Brunch was amazing with bottomless mimosas! The food at the hotel restaurant inside was also great for lunch. Pricey, but expected for the Ritz. All in all if I had the chance to go to Miami again, I would go to Key Biscayne and not here. It's not worth the money!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Zeldar T, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Tinamagil,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on tripadvisor. I am quite disappointed to learn that we failed to provide you with the care and personalized service that our company is known for. Please accept my deepest apologies for this unpleasant experience. Our guest feedback is a very important part of our continued efforts to provide the finest personalized service to all of our guests. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further on this matter. You are welcome to contact me at 786-470-1111. Thank you for staying with us and I truly hope in time you will give us a chance to recreate your experience.

Woodland Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The service , the food , the spa , top Notch! Sitting by the pool , they constantly serve free drinks and snacks.....the staff is amazing ! Even though it was a bit expensive , it was totally worth it!

Room Tip: I would definitely get a balcony on the ocean , it was simply lovely .
Green Features: perfect ...they are on the ball and save water. The sheets are so soft and silky , and so pristine , you do not need to change your sheets every day .
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Goddess1111,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on tripadvisor. It truly is a great reward for me and my team to read such wonderful comments. Ensuring that our guests receives the finest personalized service and feel at home is one of our highest missions.
Thank you for making us your destination while traveling and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

my company uses this hotel for a conference every year. we have tried a few hotels in Miami but this hotel stands head and shoulders above the rest, not just for the hotel itself but the friendliness and professionalism of the staff.

i am looking forward to seeing everyone again soon!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Splinter2626,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the viewers of tripadvisor. We truly value our guest responses as these are great tools to help further improve on our service, products and facility.
I hope the next time you return to us; we are able to exceed your expectation. Thank you for staying at The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Port Washington NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

To whom it may concern

I have traveled the globe from Asia to the Middle East from Europe to Russian Canada and South America

Overall this was a short 3 day stay here the location is far from the best but not terrible the hotel is a little dated at this point but the rooms are clean and the lobby is nice

The price I got on the room was more then fair if for the service alone

I would go back if I needed a place to stay in Miami

Food by the pool is a bit pricey

• Stayed November 2013
Zeldar T, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Mr. Mike,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I truly appreciate your constructive feedback. We certainly take our guest comments in the highest regards as this is a great tool for our continued efforts to providing a refined ambiance for all of our guests.
Thank you once again for this information and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Only stayed 1 night on our way to Antigua and this was our first time at the Coconut Grove location. We are RC Rewards members, but we were not expecting any special consideration since we were there for <24 hours. As it turns out, were upgraded to a corner suite with a dining room, extra half bath, two balconies, and a separate KS bedroom. The fold-out sofa in the parlor was made into another bed by housekeeping. The property is quite pleasant and the views from the room were wonderful water vistas. We didn't eat there (see the review for Jaguar), but had drinks in the lobby bar and really enjoyed the setting. As is always the case with The RC, excellence is their style. From bellhops to front desk to housekeeping, everyone is pleasant, smiling, and genuinely interested in making the guests' stay a memorable one. Great job!

Room Tip: Consider taking the RC Chase credit card for the perks it offers if you travel frequently and stay a...
Green Features: My experience is that they may not change the sheets daily, but the towels always seem to be replaced
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Eknetsche,

Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent experience at The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami. I enjoyed reading your comments and just knowing that we exceeded your expectations, is quite rewarding. We are so fortunate to have you as a loyal Ritz-Carlton Rewards guest and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warmest regards,

Hotel Manager

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami? Share your experiences!