“Rocky start…but then ok.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami

You added The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3300 SW 27th Avenue, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #22 of 129 Hotels in Miami
“Rocky start…but then ok.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

First, let me say, we have stayed at a number of Ritz Carlton properties and this one does not hold up to the star quality of the others. We booked our deluxe two queen room a month before, only to find a few days before our arrival that the reservation said "King" not two Queens. We called the property directly and were told they would make sure we had two queen beds. On our arrival, the front desk said our reservation was for a "King" and they had no queens available. We were given a rollaway, which for a tall teenager, was very uncomfortable! We were not told at any time in this process that the "ocean view" rooms faced a very LARGE CONSTRUCTION SITE with tall cranes LOUDLY banging all day and all night!
The one huge saving grace (added a star) was a Ms. Elizabeth Morison, at the front desk, who was gracious, informative……and upgraded our room to the Presidential Suite, the next evening!!
This, of course, erased all the previous misfortune…..except for the loud banging all night….but it made it easier to take :)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Zeldar T, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Dear Andygirl59,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the viewers of tripadvisor. I was quite disappointed to learn that your experience had a rocky start. However, reading further that Elizabeth took ownership in providing a beautiful accommodation for you and your family was wonderful to hear. Providing genuine care and comfort to our guests is our highest mission and I am happy that Elizabeth was able make this possible.
Thank you once again for sharing your experience and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming back in the future.

Regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Lima, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Amazing hotel. The room is very ample, classy and luxurious. The bathroom is the same. Every single detail has been taken care of. The terrace or balcony was very nice. The neighbourhood not, though. Looks like and old part of the city that "once upon a time" was an upscale residencial area.
The bar and the restaurant, very good. Staff is really amazing (a total 10/10).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear 1974GGT,

Thank you for sharing your review with the viewers of tripadvisor. I am so happy to know that you had a wonderful experience with us and enjoyed the facility. Reading your comment was very rewarding for me and my entire team. I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to our little oasis in the Grove in the near future.

Warmest regards,

Costa Rica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Stayed one night for work, and the hotel its nice, but not a Ritz for my taste. We checked in at 8pm and the only "restaurant" open was some tables, next to the bar in the very small lobby at the entrance. The food was good thought, but not awesome.
We tried to book a meeting room that night for the next morning, but the guy at the reception could not do it, we had to call the next morning. As it was a sunday, we could not use a proyector as the company they hire to provide it, does not work on sundays.
I get it we were last minute, but its a Ritz, not a holiday Inn! However, a very nice lady called Maria booked us the meeting room and we had lunch there.
The rooms are nice, the bathroom is spacious but service is not great.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Zeldar T, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Good day Ms. Alvarez,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback regarding your recent stay. It is unfortunate to learn that we did not meet your expectations. I apologize your experience was not a memorable one. Please know that your satisfaction is very important to us and we value your feedback which is used to improve our guest experience.
Thank you once again for sharing this information and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Regards,

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We made reservations at this hotel for 3 nights starting 4/22/14 with hotels.com. With our confirmation in hand we showed up only to be told that there was no reservation on file at this location. We were then asked to find alternative accommodation for my family of four that includes two small kids. We were further told that we will be accommodated for only one night that the hotel was completely booked and must pay the rate that was fixed for that day. Despite being elite members with the ritz carlton I was very disappointed the way they handle this situation.
I was also made aware that this happens all the time from the hotel reception. There must be a better way of handling a situation like this. We were literally stranded, and was told to find another hotel at 5.00 pm.
We were sent 3 emails from hotel.com on our confirmation. This is presently being investigated.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Zeldar T, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Dehoopgal,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry to hear of your unfortunate experience and would appreciate the opportunity to be in touch with you. Feedback is extremely important to us, and so if you could afford the time, I may be reached directly at this number 786-470-1101.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Lake Forest, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Enjoyed the hotel and the bar and food was very good,
you have to pick the right time of year to stay at this property

When you are inyour room, make sure you get all the items that the ritz offers
moreover, if you are a ritz gold member, ask what else you get!

Room Tip: check the rates online as the rates are better then hotel websites
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Zeldar T, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review of our property with the Trip Advisory community and for your recent stay. I am so happy that you were able to take advantage of your rewards benefits. Thank you for being a Rewards Member and for your loyalty to The Ritz-Carlton Brand. I wish for the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you travel to Miami.

illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Service from the staff was nothing more then execllent. The deepest part of the pool outside was five feet. Good if you don't swim very well or you have children. The workout room had your typical equipment you would expect from a hotel. I did have breakfast outside near the waterfall area, the food was ok. Hotel condition was excellent, there were very minor wear and tear in my room. What left a lasting impression on me is how the staff treated my son. From asking for mac and cheese to giving him coloring books and crayons without asking. It is the little things that will make me consider the Ritz first the nest time I visit Miami.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. I am truly touched by your compliments to our facility and service. Our Mission is to provide the finest personalized serivce to all of our guests. I will certainly share this with my team.

Warm regards

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Service was outstanding from every single member of staff. A small problem was put right immediately and I was given every assistance with complex onward travel arrangements. The spa is excellent with proper separate facilities for men and women and wonderful therapists. Food was superb. Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove is everything that a great hotel should strive to be. Top marks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room/suite facing away from the construction site going on between the hotel and the bay.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled to learn that you enjoyed our Spa and had a wonderful overall experience. Our mission is to provide the finest personalize service to our guests. I will certainly share your comments with my team. Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Warm regards

Hotel Manager

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami? Share your experiences!