“Good for business travel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami

Save Saved
You added The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami to your Saves list
The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3300 SW 27th Avenue, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #21 of 129 hotels in Miami
Lake Forest, Illinois
“Good for business travel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Enjoyed the hotel and the bar and food was very good,
you have to pick the right time of year to stay at this property

When you are inyour room, make sure you get all the items that the ritz offers
moreover, if you are a ritz gold member, ask what else you get!

Room Tip: check the rates online as the rates are better then hotel websites
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Zeldar T, Manager at The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review of our property with the Trip Advisory community and for your recent stay. I am so happy that you were able to take advantage of your rewards benefits. Thank you for being a Rewards Member and for your loyalty to The Ritz-Carlton Brand. I wish for the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you travel to Miami.

366 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Service from the staff was nothing more then execllent. The deepest part of the pool outside was five feet. Good if you don't swim very well or you have children. The workout room had your typical equipment you would expect from a hotel. I did have breakfast outside near the waterfall area, the food was ok. Hotel condition was excellent, there were very minor wear and tear in my room. What left a lasting impression on me is how the staff treated my son. From asking for mac and cheese to giving him coloring books and crayons without asking. It is the little things that will make me consider the Ritz first the nest time I visit Miami.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. I am truly touched by your compliments to our facility and service. Our Mission is to provide the finest personalized serivce to all of our guests. I will certainly share this with my team.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Service was outstanding from every single member of staff. A small problem was put right immediately and I was given every assistance with complex onward travel arrangements. The spa is excellent with proper separate facilities for men and women and wonderful therapists. Food was superb. Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove is everything that a great hotel should strive to be. Top marks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room/suite facing away from the construction site going on between the hotel and the bay.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled to learn that you enjoyed our Spa and had a wonderful overall experience. Our mission is to provide the finest personalize service to our guests. I will certainly share your comments with my team. Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Camberley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Spent 3 days at this well-presented hotel with the expected level of customer service you get in the USA. Friendly staff upon check-in, good rooms and excellent food throughout catering for over 60 of us.
I would say that the lobby bar is a little small to cater for large groups but the staff here are also very good.
The one downside to this trip was the amount of building going on directly outside the hotel - not the fault of the hotel but did make being outside a little noisy!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Cliff,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am thrilled to learn that you enjoyed the service provided by our Ladies and Gentlemen although the outdoor was a bit bleak due to the neighborhood enhancements. I wish that your next experience with us will be flawless throughout.

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I am still at the Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove for a two night stay and I wanted to say how pleasantly surprised I am with the hotel and its service. I picked the hotel because it offered a very good government/military rate, a little more than half the regular room rate. No other Ritz Carltons in the areas were offering a rate anywhere near that low.

I knew it would be a good hotel but i was a little cautious after reading some of the reviews. At the last minute I even considered switching to the Mandarin Oriental or the Four Seasons where my company has good corporate rates. But I decided to stay with Coconut Grove over Miami. It was the right choice.

We arrived early in Ft Lauderdale from a cruise.I knew check-in time was not until 4 pm. I called the hotel and spoke to Michael at the front desk and expressed my desire to get into a room early. I mentioned I was a Marriott Gold Elite, we were celebrating our 15th anniversary, and if he had a better room available I would be willing to consider an upsell.

He wished me a happy anniversary, said I could get one upgrade for being a Gold Elite and he would discount a second upgrade to a suite for $100 a night. And he would have them start cleaning the suite now so it would be ready by the time we could get there at 11 am. You can't expect much more than that.

When we arrived at the hotel the suite was ready and Michael promptly sent up a bottle of champagne. The suite is lovely with a dining table, sofa and two chairs, guest bathroom, bedroom and bathroom.

The hotel grounds are beautiful, the staff is very, very friendly, the pool is large, heated, with many lounge chairs and some ares with shade. We ate a simple lunch outside at the hotel restaurant and it was quiet and pleasant.

The ever helpful Michael suggested some nearby restaurants for dinner and after some time at the pool we walked over to a shopping and restaurant area for dinner.

There is major construction going on across the street from the hotel but there really is nothing anyone can do about that.

From what I have seen this is an excellent hotel I would recommend to anyone. The only slip-up was when the housekeeper came by to do the turn down service and I asked her to please come back in 10 minutes after we left for dinner, she forgot to return and the turn down service was never done. I hope I get two mints tonight.

Room Tip: Ask for an up-sell if you're willing to pay a little more for a better room. Try to get a room a...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Tom,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our property while traveling in Miami. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Michael was very happy to read your feedback and to konw that he contributed to your wonderful experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to our little oasis in the Grove.

Paoli, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I am a frequent traveler and typically am a fan of Ritz and Marriott family properties. The facility is classy clean and well maintained. I will share some of my experience. Upon check-in there was a hard sell for an upgraded room at a much higher price. I should not have to say no thank you 3 times, in front of other guests. I started my first day with an early morning meeting and a quick 'navy' style cold shower...because there was no hot water. Then at 6:30 am my wife who was going to sleep in was awoken by very very loud noise from construction right outside of our window. As I departed at 7 am I shared my concern with the front desk and asked for the a call during the day to let me know the status. No Call. Upon returning that evening the front desk had no history. They did change my room. I asked for an explanation and was promised a call. It never happened. Finally departure day and I had a question for the front desk. They put me on hold for almost 20 minutes. Really?
Cold water, noise, construction, no follow-up and poor service? At a Ritz-Carlton...

Room Tip: specify away from construction side. There is major work being done across the street. They start...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Jackie V, General Manager at The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear Jeffrey P.
Thank you for your loyal patronage to our brand and for taking the time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor. It is unfortunate to learn of your disappointing overall impression of our hotel, though I am happy to hear that you mentioned our classy and well maintained facility. Please know, our guest’s satisfaction is very important to us, and we hope to have the opportunity to impress you next time around. Rest assured we will use this feedback in a constructive manner to address those shortfalls you experienced during your stay with everyone involved. If you wish to further discuss please contact our Executive Office at 786-470-1101. We look forward to hearing from you.
Warmest regards,
Jackie Volkart
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stayed for 4 nights. Our first room was adjoining to another, and while the door was locked, we could hear them screaming at each other loud and clear. We asked for a change, and they couldn't have been nicer. The change was done while we were at dinner to a comparable room on a different floor. Service at the pool was excellent on one day and mediocre on the others. The guy who was just ok was clearly catering to a large family and paying little attention to the others. On the good day, the pool guy treated everyone equally and like royalty. NEVER ran out of towels or chairs. Food was expensive but to be expected at a Ritz so not surprising.
Came for the Sony Tennis. The shuttle left from a marriott around the corner. very convenient. Only issue was we had to walk back after a very long night, but worth it to stay at the nicer hotel.
In all, you cannot beat the service at the Ritz. They are at your beck and call, and if you have issues, they will take care to fix them immediately. Parking charge is $33/night which is excessive. If you plan to stay put, great food and shops are a walk so you really don't need a car.

Room Tip: ask for room that does not adjoin
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear BSL10024,
Good afternoon and thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent visit to our property over the Sony Open. I am happy to hear that our Ladies and Gentlemen assisted you when needed to make your stay comfortable. Thank you for highlighting the convenience of the Shuttle Service to the Sony Open, a very convenient transportation set up for our tennis fans.
Thank you for mentioning our food and pool service. We pride ourselves to have a little oasis at our pool for guests to enjoy a day of relaxation.
We are looking forward to welcome you back for the next Sony Open, or sooner.
Warm regards,
Jackie Volkart

Been to The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami? Share your experiences!