“Sticking to it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami

You added The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3300 SW 27th Avenue, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #24 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Daegu, South Korea
“Sticking to it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I absolutely love this hotel. Everytime I would make arrangements in Miami, The Ritz Carlton Hotel is my number one choice!

I believe that when you find something good, you should stick to it. Sometimes you have to be a little open-minded, but nothing is worst than changing your habits for something that makes you unhappy. The Ritz-Carlton brand has never disappointed me. I'M STICKING TO IT! LOL

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Great stay all around! From the time the taxi dropped us off at this fine elegant hotel to the time we drove away after a 5 nights stay, we received totally excellent service.

Each and every hotel staff member took the extra mile to assist us during our meetings, meals, and break-out sessions to ensure all was well. Interesting to note that a staff member welcomed us in the morning as we got off the elevator and guided us all the way to the room where our break-out mtg. was being held - very polite and courteous experience not seen anywhere but at the Ritz. Had a great and memorable pool side reception too.

Our room was very well appointed with a large marble floor bath room with a great walk-in glass shower. And, perfectly timed "turn down" service in the evening.

Why not 5 stars: these few observation for mgmt. First, slow Wi-Fi in meeting rooms was a problem at times for our group. Second, our guest room felt warm every night in middle of the night despite keeping the thermostat at 64. And, finally not being able to enjoy the morning coffee on our balcony, and no fault of the hotel, was the building construction noise coming from across the street.

Again, overall a great stay. Thanks.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Standish
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Not my first time staying at the Ritz. As always the service was stunning. Checkin was quick and my bags were waiting for me in my room. Accommodations are what you expect from the Ritz. Everything here is very quiet, my only small quibble is it's location in Miami Beach, not as close as I'd like to be to my main spots.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The Ritz Carlton was nearly flawless in hosting our recent business meeting. My room was spotless and well-appointed, the public areas are inviting and elegant, and the meals and break service were very well executed.

Some notable plusses: extremely clean and well-appointed hotel, service up to Ritz Carlton standards, nice selection of daily newspapers delivered to the room. In the room: good coffee, piping hot and good pressure shower, quiet and effective air conditioning, large bath and good amenities.

A couple of negatives: $9.95 daily charge for “basic” high speed internet access, no high-def channels on the large flat-screen TVs.

I’d recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Coconut Grove area for business, pleasure, or meetings

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

This hotel is well located for U of M and Dadeland, within a short walking distance to the Coconut Grove Mall (5 minutes walking) our luggage was immediately taken out of our limo by the bell hop, and we were escorted inside. Check in was painless and quick, we got our suite immediately.
When we entered our suite we were blown away! The room was extremely spacious and furnished with gorgeous furniture and decor. The bathroom was also gorgeous as well; a large immaculate marble bathroom with a walk in shower, private toilet room, and bathtub area, as well as two sinks and a large vanity area. The walk out private balcony was very spacious and had a wonderful view of the courtyard, and pool area.
The pool area was gorgeous with free wifi
We had an excellent time. Thank You the Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami

Room Tip: The higher up the better views
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

My mom and I stayed here as a girl's weekend for a triathlon I was participating in at the Larry & Penny Thompson Park. We wanted a quiet, comfortable place where I could get plenty of rest before my race. The Ritz was very nice inside and very clean. Our view was nothing special.. we had construction out our window (they can't help that part) but there was also a power line obstructing any kind of view of the ocean. We were on the third floor, so it's possible the views are better the higher you are.

The location of the hotel is not too bad. Coconut Grove is a quiet harbor town, so there isn't a beach nearby to walk to. There are shops about a 5 minute walk away which are good for basic necessities - we got manicures in the shops and did a little shopping at some of the clothing stores, but there isn't anything upscale. You'd have to go to South Beach for that. The restaurants around are pretty good, but you have to know which ones to go to or you'll end up at a decent chain one. If you stay here, ask for Ruddy - he is amazing and knows all of the best local spots to eat. He's not the concierge, but we saw him everywhere. He is wonderful and really made our stay!

Unfortunately we found out after our first night that we were both allergic to the feather pillows, but the staff was quick to change them to foam once we had let them know. The maid service was great, though turn-down seemed to get earlier and earlier - one night they came at 5pm - though they were completely nice about it when we asked them to come back later. The hotel itself doesn't have much - only one actual restaurant, a lounge/restaurant area, and the pool bar with food.

Everything is VERY pricey - a bottle of Fiji Water from the room is $7. We ordered room service for breakfast one morning, and were disappointed in the expense (over $20 per person for fruit, 2 croissants, coffee & OJ), so we didn't do that again. The drinks at the pool & inside bar are also very expensive - around $20 per drink.

We also took advantage of the spa and had massages. Our massages were both a swedish mix (mine was a sports massage after my tri, and mom's was a stone & stick massage), and very relaxing though a little rough at times. I needed it and was fine with the deep tissue, but my mom had not done the tri and was uncomfortably sore the next day. It made me feel a little disappointed in her massage experience.

Overall we had a very good stay, especially after we got to be familiar with the staff, who was very accommodating. The hotel may be a bit overpriced for the amenities, but it makes sense considering the quiet crowd they attract and the service their staff provides. Just be prepared for an expensive stay.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel has a lot of construction, so I would ask for a higher room or a room facing t...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Overall an experience of plushness and great hospitality. Warm welcome upon arrival and I was delighted to be upgraded to a suite in the quiet corner of the hotel; I had called ahead to ask for a quiet room and could not have asked for more. The plush suite overlooked the city, with a balcony, a roomy lounge area and a very comfortable bedroom. The bathroom was very well appointed. Spent an evening at the Lazuli lounge where I must have had the best vegetarian dish ever. Oscar has information on nearly everything - great person to ask for advice. The location is in a residential area with proximity to Cocowalk which has a few restaurants - Starbucks, Cheesecake factory and further down a leafy walk along the bay. The sea is about 2-3 block down. Easy to get taxis; however South Beach is quite far and accessible by taxi or the tour bus that leaves round the corner. Special thanks to Oscar at the concierge desk, Matthew at the reception, Mehmet and the Indian chef at the Lazuli Lounge for their warmth. I did not want to leave!!

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors. I did not hear the construction noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami? Share your experiences!