“Amazing stay at good price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami

You added The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3300 SW 27th Avenue, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #19 of 113 Hotels in Miami
“Amazing stay at good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

For the summer, theres a deal. Amazing hotel and a glass of champagne for welcome. Prices very low but the hotel worths more than the price paid. The service is great and the amenities too. Nice rooms. It was my first time at the ritz but not my last. I recommend this hotel and theres a lot of restaurants in coconut grove.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Best hotel I have ever stayed in! The service is absolutely impeccable. Right from the moment we pulled up in our car, we were treated like royalty ... from the valet, the bellman, the front desk clerk and the concierge. They were all extremely attentive and called us by our names when they saw us! I have never experienced that level of attentiveness before. The Ritz is really special, and the Coco Grove Ritz does not disappoint. This is a most wonderful place for a romantic getaway.

coral gables, florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Attended a tasting for a wedding in November and was wowed at every turn..We first were greeted with champagne as we entered a private room. The table was set just as it will be for the wedding, and it was impressive. The Executive Chef, Ramesh was on hand to explain the dishes and aimed to please in every way.Then there was Arleen, our coordinator,who took notes and didn't miss a beat; followed by Ernesto, our waiter, then Monica, the Director of Sales joined us along with Jackie, the General Manager of the Hotel. We all felt like kings and queens and can't wait for what is to come. The General Manager and her staff embodies all the qualities of the very best in guest relations..We are so lucky to have chosen the Ritz in the Grove. Congratulations to you all for the way you made us feel.

DeLand, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband, son, and I stayed three days in coconut grove. The hotel was wonderful! All the staff went out of their way to be helpful and gracious. Ignacio assisted in recommending things to do and restaurants to visit. My son and I spent lots of time by the pool. Joshua was our poolside server and he was great. Overall, coconut grove was not my favorite place in florida to visit, but we loved this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in the quieter part of coconut grove. The 2 towers are distinctive with their green roofs. One is exclusively residences and the other is hotel and some residence. The pool etc is shared by both but was never busy.
Check in was smooth and welcoming. The lobby is impressive but the waterfall in the courtyard was drained which I always find a disappointment. An empty fountain/waterfall really looks awful and the elegance and character that it should provide is noticeably lacking. The room was a good size and decorated in a classic style. The marble bathroom was great with a separate shower and tub as expected. The Fiji water at $7 a bottle I felt was unnecessary. The complimentary water by the coffee machine was enough and I don't like to see this brand selling water in the rooms. The stay was overall very enjoyable and the late check out (2pm!) was a great addition. Worth noting that room service is not 24hrs and stops between 12am and 6:30am a great location for a slightly quieter stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Hertfordshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I have been lucky enough to stay in some of the finest hotel and the name "Ritz" itself creates a certain expectation. We decided to take a flying visit to Miami as we were in Orlando so I did my Tripadvisor homework and booked, it had American breakfast included in the rate which I thought was a deal so off we went. Firstly, the hotel is not in a great area, right by the harbour which looks run down and has a lot of construction work going on so it gets noisy. On arrival the valet and bellboys were friendly and efficient and the first impression of the lobby is that it is grand, tasteful and befitting of the Ritz name. Check- in was fast and efficient and we were given the choice of a high or low level room, we took high so we could get a view over the harbour. The room was spacious but at this price bracket I don't expect broken doors on the furniture and patio doors, noise from the construction across the way and a bathroom that was aged with dirty mastic and grout. They say you should judge a hotel on the quality of the bed, this was good and the sheets and pillows first class so we had a good nights sleep and I couldn't fault the customer service as the staff really can't do enough for you. However, our "included" breakfast turned out to be a $62 credit and when the breakfast actually costs over $100 for 2 and the hotel charges $33 a night to park my deal turned out to be not so much of a deal after all. All in all, I was disappointed and felt like I had been ripped off both in expectation and in my wallet. There are far better hotels in this price bracket in better locations so don't feel you need to pay for the name.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Me and my husband decided to get away for the weekend so from the reviews online I knew it was a go.Gorgeous hotel however, expensive!!! I mean we are talking about Miami here. Our friends live down there so it was a great getaway.we enjoyed the hotel overall,loved our room.from the bellman to valet was very helpful.i would visit again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami? Share your experiences!