“Great Business Standard Hotel - Too bad it's not on the beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami

You added The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3300 SW 27th Avenue, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #21 of 113 Hotels in Miami
Arlington, Virginia
“Great Business Standard Hotel - Too bad it's not on the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This was a great business standard hotel of the quality I expect from Ritz Carlton. The room was phenomenal, bed was perfect, and bathroom incredibly large. Service was goog and very friendly, though I will say the concierge needed to improve his area-knowledge of Miami. I didn't use the pool because I arrived on the heels of a hurricane. As the hotel is not quite centrally located, it's too bad this isn't a beach resort, given the ocean is only two blocks away. Still, if you want to be a little outside of the city this works well. Coconut Grove has some decent shopping and a great restaurant in Jaguar, otherwise the area was a little depressed and slightly strip-mallish.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Venice, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I spend about 30 nights a year in hotels - service makes all the difference and that's where The Ritz excelled. A glass of champagne at check-in was appreciated and the staff were extremely helpful and gracious. The rooms were nicely appointed and the pool and fitness center were lovely. If you need a taxi would recommend booking in advance.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Just returned from a 3 day weekend getaway to lounge by a pool, do some shopping and visit friends. From the moment we arrived the service from all staff was wonderful. Friendly, efficient and helpful. The room was nicely appointed, quiet and all our prefences were in place upon arrival. We ate in all three restaurants (Bizcaya for breakfast, Pool Grill for lunch and Lazuli for dinner). Quality, service and value were excellent. We would definitely stay here again the next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: There is demolition and construction taking place across the street. Be sure to ask for a quiet roo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cairo, egypt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Unexpected room not the one I asked for, over priced, breakfast very poor (fruits & bread not fresh). Instead of beach view a very noisy construction area. On checkout I couldn't find transportation to airport that reserved from front disk the day before.

• Stayed January 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We reserved a high floor beach view room but we get 3rd floor facing construction area working all days even during Holliday, room was large well furniture. The breakfast restaurant was poor & not fresh fruits even bread with different price every morning. The big shame on checkout I couldn't find the taxi to airport which I reserve the day before from the main front disk.

• Stayed January 2013
Alexander B, Assistant Rooms Executive at The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Amrtalaat,

I am sorry and surprised to read about your experience at The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami. Our pastries are made fresh every morning by one of our amazing pastry chefs. Our prices vary slightly on the weekends as we add Mimosas and other food items to the buffer. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about your stay with us. You may contact me at your convenience at Alexander.Blanco@ritzcarlton.com.

Kind Regards,

Alexander D. Blanco
Assistant Rooms Executive
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The Ritz in Coconut Grove only barely met my expectations when my wife and I stayed there in December 2012. The room service was good, the marble bathroom and shower were very nice, and the lobby was beautiful. Also, the in-room internet was excellent. However, there was construction--which it appears will be ongoing during 2013--directly outside my window. Touch-up paint on the bathroom ceiling was obvious, and one expects closer attention to detail from the Ritz. We only had breakfast at the restaurant, but the overcooked eggs were also over-priced, and the service was only average. I enjoyed the 15-minute walk to all of the restaurants and shops of Coconut Grove, but it looked like there were other hotels within closer proximity to the Coconut Grove activities.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the water probably would not be affected by construction noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear J C,

Thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay at The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami. We are located just .37 miles walking from the center of Coconut Grove. The walk to the center of the Grove is filled with views of the park and the marina. I we appreciate your compliments and concerns. The construction is not occurring on property but I understand how it may have inconvenienced you. If there is anything you may need, please feel free to reach out to me.

Alexander.Blanco@Ritzcarlton.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This was a much needed break for my daughter, after finishing her first semester of Law School, and for me after finishing a very busy dance ministry semester at my church, and multiple social commitments! This trip was just what we needed, to be pampered and spoiled, for a few days, before returning home to final Christmas celebrations! Wonderful service from Carl in The Bizcaya Restaurant every morning. He even prepared a special breakfast smoothie for me to take back to my daughter one morning, when she had decided to sleep in a bit longer than I did! Loved the spa-we got treatments every day, and had different staff each time, and they were all excellent, kind, thoughtful, and wonderful. We both highly recommend the Hot Stone Massage! I enjoyed the fitness center, and the shopping was wonderful. We drove to Bal Harbour and loved those shops! The GPS on my phone made it easy to get around Miami, and avoid trouble spots! Sunny and 82 degrees in mid-December, great food, great shopping, great accommodations = an A++++ vacation!

Room Tip: It was a bit pricey, but was under the realm of "luxury" vacation spots or "luxury&qu...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Mandarin Oriental, Miami
Coconut Grove
InterContinental Miami
JW Marriott Marquis Miami
Four Seasons Hotel Miami
Coconut Grove
Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami/Brickell-Downtown

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami? Share your experiences!