“Oh to be back at the Ritz-Carlton” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami

Save Saved
You added The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami to your Saves list
The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3300 SW 27th Avenue, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #20 of 130 hotels in Miami
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Oh to be back at the Ritz-Carlton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

The perfect last day of a perfect holiday in Miami and the Keys....after a very disappointing start to the day at another hotel, the Ritz came to the rescue....and did not disappoint. Friendly, happy welcome - Diego taking us to a lovely room and Frantz contributing to a lazy day at the pool by making his wonderful mixed berry mojito - what a star!!! Although it was towards the end of the season and some redecoration was taking place - and apologised for - i found the hotel old wordly in its attitude to clients - discreet but always there when needed. We shall return!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

351 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Korean first
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was really disappointed in this hotel. It clearly is not up to the normal high standards of the RItz Carlton. When we returned to the room at 5 pm, our breakfast dishes were still on the table. Room service never got the order right. The spa is average at best. Fire alarm from kitchen smoke kept us out of the hotel for over 45 minutes. Will not stay here again despite convenience. On a positive note- pool service was great.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Alexander B, Assistant Rooms Executive at The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Jerry C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not have the typical experience had at The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami. I know that our property is convenient for your needs and I encourage you to contact me prior to your stay so that I may ensure that your stay is a memorable one. It would be my pleasure to be your personal host throughout your stay.

I look forward to meeting you soon.

Alexander.Blanco@RitzCarlton.com
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I stayed here in April with our 8 month old. Our stay was perfect as far as this hotel.
The room was nice and clean. Not as fancy as some other Ritz Carltons, but very nice. The service could not have been better and we travel a good bit.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I have stayed here many times because I have family in the area. You would think if the hotel takes the time to send an email prior to your stay asking for your preference from everything from the floor you want to the pillows you prefer, that they would honor that request. Nope! I asked for a high level and got 2nd floor by the spa. Ugh. And I believe we were above the garage. The traffic in the hall and on the street below was so unbearable we didn't sleep all night. Also, the room looked older than any of the others I've stayed in. Very disappointing. I emailed them after to complain about all the things that were subpar and they did not have the decency to reply. Definitely will he staying elsewhere in the future. There are too many better choices.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Alexander B, Assistant Rooms Executive at The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Heather F,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your most recent stay. I apologize that you did not have a pleasant experience with us and we look forward to speaking to you about how we will correcting these issues in the future. Please feel free to send me the email you sent or call me and I will be more than happy to assist you.

(786) 470-1256

ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We just returned from the Ritz Carlton. I was not planning to write my review today until I noticed that another traveler posted a picture of the rollaway bed and said it was not luxurious. I want to say that, on the contrary, we thought the rollaway was the nicest we have seen at any hotel. It was like a real bed, not a folding cot or pull out sofa bed. We were very impressed and very pleased.

The hotel is beautiful, but the staff make it special. The customer service was incredible. The staff clearly is interested in making sure that the guests are happy and enjoying their stay. No detail was too small. I would fill in 6 circles for the review if that was a choice.

Everything about this stay was perfect. Thoroughly enjoyed room service breakfast. We used the in room coffee maker, the only tiny issue I had was that there was no Starbucks or coffee shop on the premises.

The bed was comfortable, the room and bathroom were spotless and well maintained. The hotel was quiet for sleeping. We didn't hear other people.

We will be back!

Dear bcaha,

I could not agree with you more. The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove is a beautiful and elegant property, but it is our Ladies and Gentlemen that truly provide The Ritz-Carlton Experience. We recognize that our Ladies and Gentlemen are our most valuable resource and we are glad to see that our guests feel the same way. We look forward to hosting you and your family again. Please let me know if there is anything I may ever assist you with.

Kingwood, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We arrived after a long difficult day of travelling with our 2 children. We were welcomed by name, with a smile, by the front desk staff. We were dressed very casually, but our daughters were hungry - we asked if we could eat in the lobby restaurant / bar without changing our attire. Again we were welcomed and shown right to a table. We enjoyed a late dinner / dessert / glass of wine. The food was delicious, the surroundings lovely and the kindness of the staff was exceptional.
The hotel was beautiful and our room was very nice. The beds were extremely comfortable, and the bathroom (I'm really picky about bathrooms!) was super-clean, spacious, well-planned, and just really pretty.
We very much enjoyed our stay here - we would certainly return here if back in Miami - and just highly recommend this property.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Alexander B, Assistant Rooms Execuitve at The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear TammyTh,

Thank you for writing about the wonderful experience that you had at The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami. As a father, I know how difficult it can be to travel with children. We are glad to hear that we made traveling, with two children, an enjoyable experience. We look forward to hosting you and your family again at The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami.

Hamilton, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

First of all, I have stayed in many hotels across the globe and this particular hotel has been the worst experience yet.

During my trip there were too many incidents to list. However, I'll list a few: The hotel is currently under construction and the hotel lobby is littered with painters and all you can hear is drilling and pounding of the hammers. So, no enjoyment of the bar is possible. The room (suite) is extrememly dated and the furniture is consumed with scratches and stains. The guest services was unhelpful to say the least until I complained. I requested candles and was told to go purchase them myself from the spa.

After complaining, the room was touched up a bit and candles and roses were placed exquisitely throught the room. I applauded them for this until my guests and I sat down on the furniture and all of the touch up paint wore off on our clothing. So much for the effort.... :-(. Instead of being comped for our stay, more was authorized on my credit card for no known reason and nor could they offer a reason.

Spa services weren't available when I returned from the hotel and was scheduled to have spa treatment in the Ritz on Miami South Beach. What's the point of staying in a hotel that's supposed to have everything if I still have to leave to have services done.

Just horrible.... I'm here for one more say and just ready to leave.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear gcalhoun,

We apologize for the inconveniences that you occurred at our property. Our goal is to ensure that all of our guests enjoy a warm, relaxed, yet refined ambiance. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you about the experiences you encountered so that it does not occur again. Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to speaking with you.

Assistant Rooms Executive

Been to The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami? Share your experiences!