“Fantastic Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami

Save Saved
You added The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami to your Saves list
The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3300 SW 27th Avenue, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #20 of 130 hotels in Miami
ny
“Fantastic Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We just returned from the Ritz Carlton. I was not planning to write my review today until I noticed that another traveler posted a picture of the rollaway bed and said it was not luxurious. I want to say that, on the contrary, we thought the rollaway was the nicest we have seen at any hotel. It was like a real bed, not a folding cot or pull out sofa bed. We were very impressed and very pleased.

The hotel is beautiful, but the staff make it special. The customer service was incredible. The staff clearly is interested in making sure that the guests are happy and enjoying their stay. No detail was too small. I would fill in 6 circles for the review if that was a choice.

Everything about this stay was perfect. Thoroughly enjoyed room service breakfast. We used the in room coffee maker, the only tiny issue I had was that there was no Starbucks or coffee shop on the premises.

The bed was comfortable, the room and bathroom were spotless and well maintained. The hotel was quiet for sleeping. We didn't hear other people.

We will be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Alexander B, Assistant Rooms Executive at The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear bcaha,

I could not agree with you more. The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove is a beautiful and elegant property, but it is our Ladies and Gentlemen that truly provide The Ritz-Carlton Experience. We recognize that our Ladies and Gentlemen are our most valuable resource and we are glad to see that our guests feel the same way. We look forward to hosting you and your family again. Please let me know if there is anything I may ever assist you with.

351 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Korean first
Kingwood, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We arrived after a long difficult day of travelling with our 2 children. We were welcomed by name, with a smile, by the front desk staff. We were dressed very casually, but our daughters were hungry - we asked if we could eat in the lobby restaurant / bar without changing our attire. Again we were welcomed and shown right to a table. We enjoyed a late dinner / dessert / glass of wine. The food was delicious, the surroundings lovely and the kindness of the staff was exceptional.
The hotel was beautiful and our room was very nice. The beds were extremely comfortable, and the bathroom (I'm really picky about bathrooms!) was super-clean, spacious, well-planned, and just really pretty.
We very much enjoyed our stay here - we would certainly return here if back in Miami - and just highly recommend this property.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Alexander B, Assistant Rooms Execuitve at The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear TammyTh,

Thank you for writing about the wonderful experience that you had at The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami. As a father, I know how difficult it can be to travel with children. We are glad to hear that we made traveling, with two children, an enjoyable experience. We look forward to hosting you and your family again at The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami.

Hamilton, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

First of all, I have stayed in many hotels across the globe and this particular hotel has been the worst experience yet.

During my trip there were too many incidents to list. However, I'll list a few: The hotel is currently under construction and the hotel lobby is littered with painters and all you can hear is drilling and pounding of the hammers. So, no enjoyment of the bar is possible. The room (suite) is extrememly dated and the furniture is consumed with scratches and stains. The guest services was unhelpful to say the least until I complained. I requested candles and was told to go purchase them myself from the spa.

After complaining, the room was touched up a bit and candles and roses were placed exquisitely throught the room. I applauded them for this until my guests and I sat down on the furniture and all of the touch up paint wore off on our clothing. So much for the effort.... :-(. Instead of being comped for our stay, more was authorized on my credit card for no known reason and nor could they offer a reason.

Spa services weren't available when I returned from the hotel and was scheduled to have spa treatment in the Ritz on Miami South Beach. What's the point of staying in a hotel that's supposed to have everything if I still have to leave to have services done.

Just horrible.... I'm here for one more say and just ready to leave.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear gcalhoun,

We apologize for the inconveniences that you occurred at our property. Our goal is to ensure that all of our guests enjoy a warm, relaxed, yet refined ambiance. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you about the experiences you encountered so that it does not occur again. Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to speaking with you.

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Very quiet area in Miami away from the hustle-and-bustle of South Beach where we spent our daytime hours. The hotel had everything we needed, staff sincerely cordial without the typical over-zealous staff (just wanting a tip). When we departed, bellman offered to take our bags and weigh them to ensure we would not be charged additional fees at airport. That has never happened at (any) Ritz in the past....or any other hotel for that matter. We will definitely return to this hotel our next trip to Miami.

Room Tip: Ask to be upgraded in person during check-in, rather than via phone.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear BigShooz,

Thank you for taking the time to share your relaxed, yet refined experience that you had at The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami. We are located in a beautiful area of Miami. As you stated, we are a short distance from South Beach but in a quiet and pedestrian neighborhood. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Hoboken, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I recently stayed for a business trip. I want to make sure the review is taken in its proper context. Compared the most hotels this is a wonderful property and a great experience. Given the expectations one probably has when staying at a Ritz, however, I have to say I was disappointed. The good is that the service and the staff are top notch: you absolutely get the Ritz experience and everyone is wonderful. The bad is that the location of the hotel is just in a residential area of Miami. You are not on the beach nor are you near the beach. And the pool is disappointing to say the least. If you want to stay at a nice hotel for a trip then by all means stay here, espcially if you are not too concerned with money. If you are planning a vacation, and are picturing a luxurious and wonderful experience in Miami where you would not need to leave the hotel, then absolutely do not stay here. You would be better served in South Beach.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear BHM1982,

We appreciate your comments and agree that The Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove are our most valuable resource. The hotel is considered the entrance to Coconut Grove. This upscale, boutique, and cafe friendly neighborhood is perfect for families, business, and runners. We understand that most people think beach when they hear Miami but of you are looking for personalized service and a refine ambiance, the The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove is the property for you.

Please feel free to call me when you plan on staying with us again.

Alexander Blanco
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We stayed at the Ritz Carlton from 6th June - 9th June, following a trip to the Bahamas.
I travelled with my husband and 5 year old daughter.

The hotel itself is beautiful and immaculate, but more than that, all the staff were amazing.

The service cannot be faulted one bit and we were made to feel very welcome by each and every staff member that we encountered.

The room we had (719) was a corner room and was extremely spacious with a huge bathroom, and balcony. It was immaculate and decorated in an opulently modern way. My husband is a stickler for details and commented on the great attention to detail in the room. The room also had a large closet, which easily accommodated two large suitcases plus hanging rail too.

We ordered room service one evening which was decent.

We used the services of the Valet parking staff (very friendly and helpful) and also the concierge desk - mainly for shopping information, and again they were great too

I will definitely look at staying here when we are in Miami again, and would recommend this hotel without question. Only wish we could have stayed here longer!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Assistant Rooms Executive at The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Dear dbwUk,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day, which includes raising a 5 year old, to write such wonderful comments about the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove. The true passion and genuine care for every guests that stays with us is what separates us from the competition. We hope that your trip to the Bahamas was as enjoyable as your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Clearwater, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

We booked two rooms for a weekend stay in Miami. My husband and sons spent the day at football camp at the U and I spent more than I would usually spend on our rooms so that the girls and I could enjoy a day at the incredible pool that I saw in the online pictures. Wow,were we disappointed when we got to the pool! It had rained the night before and the pads were left on the lounge chairs. They were old, moldy looking and sopping wet! A nice pool attendant tried to help us with lounge covers but that did us little good. We were stuck with damp chairs all day. The pool area itself is filled with ugly, green mold growing everywhere. My older daughter is allergic to mold,so it made her feel bad and we ended up leaving after a few hours. We did have lunch at the pool bar and it was very nice and tasty, but an 8 oz drink cost me $17! The bathrooms in the rooms were very nice - best hotel shower I've had! But, I expected incredibly comfortable beds and linens from a Ritz and was, again, disappointed. Our bed was nothing special and had old linens. The other furniture in the rooms was comfortable , but dated. Even the grounds seemed a bit unkempt in this place. I guess I was expecting too much. My very first stay in a Ritz was a let down.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear LynnGibb,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us so that we may attend to the opportunities that you experienced. Your comments will assist us in refining The Ritz-Carlton experience. Please feel free to give me a call so that we may speak in more depth about your stay. (786) 470-1256

Assistant Rooms Executive

Been to The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami? Share your experiences!