“EXCELLENT !!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami

Save Saved
You added The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami to your Saves list
The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3300 SW 27th Avenue, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #22 of 130 Hotels in Miami
Tunis, Tunisia
“EXCELLENT !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We stayed 4 nights at the Ritz Carlton as part of our honeymoon trip. We had a fantastic stay. The staff was amazing and paid attention to all our needs. Check-in was very smooth and staff at the reception was very friendly and professional. We were offered a bottle of champagne, strawberries and chocolate and a congratulations card upon our arrival which was a very nice gesture from Mrs SOLORZANO, the guest relations coordinator. She also was very helpful in making reservations at restaurants. The general manager, Mrs VOLKART was also very friendly and checking every single detail in the hotel. We felt like we were the only guest given the quality of the service!

The rooms are very clean and spacious. The pool is also nice. They offer magazines to read, sunscreen and aloe after sun cream. We had a light lunch by the pool. The food is good but quantity is not very large. I tried the spa and was happy with the quality of the massage and service.

The hotel is located in a nice area. There is a park that is walking distance and a shopping area. overall all, it was a perfect stay. we highly recommend this hotel. a big thank you to all staff

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexander B, Assistant Rooms Executive at The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami, responded to this review, May 27, 2012
Dear Khaled73,

Congratulations on the start of a beautiful marriage. We are thrilled to hear that the Ladies and Gentlemen of the Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove were able to get your Honeymoon started off properly in true Ritz-Carlton fashion. Ms. Solorzano shows true passion and care with every guest that she interacts with. If you speak to any Lady or Gentlemen that has ever worked with Mrs. Volkart, they will tell you that it is an honor and a privilege. As a 20 year veteran with Ritz-Carlton she teaches, guides and mentors each and everyone one of us by leading by example. We all go through various trainings but we learn the most by watching our leaders and your comments are a true example of Mrs. Volkart’s leadership.

Thank you for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you when you celebrate your one year anniversary.

Assistant Rooms Executive

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kansas City usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I stayed at the Ritz since I had some business at the U. The room was very nice & comfortable. I took dinner out from the bar & had breakfast at the restaurant. Both were very good. When I was at the pool at 8:30am, the pool area looked tired. There wasn't any service personnel there. The rest of the hotel staff was very friendly & nice.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Fan2006,

We, at The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, value the relationship with the University of Miami and appreciate your comments. I apologize for the pool area in the morning and will revise our early morning procedures to make sure we exceed the expectations of our guests. We are very proud of the genuine care and comfort that our Ladies and Gentlemen provide to our guests and are glad that you were able to experience that. We look forward to seeing you again soon and please let me know if there is anything else that I may do to assist you.

Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Stayed at the Ritz for University of Miami's graduation weekend (they have a discounted rate with the school) and had a lovely relaxing stay. Staff was attentive and friendly and the rooms comfortable and luxurious. Seemed like there were mostly residents at the pool during the day and although, in an urban setting, the pool is set up high enough and there was live music so that you would not know it. I would definitely return, but only if I did not have a desire to be on a beach.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Alexander B, Assistant Rooms Executive at The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami, responded to this review, May 26, 2012
Dear Carrie W,

We would like to extend a “Congratulations” to you or your family member who graduated from the University of Miami. This was a very exciting weekend as we had a lot of wonderful graduates and families staying with us. The Ladies and Gentlemen at The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove enjoyed speaking with all of the families and always look forward to this weekend. We hope that you and your family will come visit us again soon and let us know how the ventures of the recent graduate are going.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

It was my first visit to the Hotel and I made a last minute reservation, when I arrived early in the morning my room was already available and was offered so I could rest from my flight. During the day I stayed, the staff was always ready to satisfy my requirements. My room was impecable as were all ambients I was in.

An Hotel as this is not cheap but if you can afford it, it is a must stay!

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Alexander B, Assistant rooms Executive at The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami, responded to this review, May 26, 2012
Dear Martin A,

Many of our guests are business travelers that have been traveling for days and on Red Eye flights. We understand how tired you must be and wish for nothing but to fulfill even your unexpressed wishes and needs. I am glad to hear that we were able to accommodate your needs and provide you with a warm, relaxed, yet refined ambiance.

Please let me know if there is anything that I can ever assist you with.

Edina, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

This is not a beachfront hotel, though the pool area is very nice. It was wonderful to stay somewhere that was walking distance to shops and restaurants. Great service. Treated my two boys like little princes. Very few kids staying here. I believe it is mostly owner occupied apartments. But still, very, very nice.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear 1965Lana,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a great review. As a father myself, I can appreciate when a Hotel or Restaurant takes the time to engage with my son. It keeps my son happy, and that makes my wife and I very happy and a little more relaxed. The genuine care and comfort of you and are family is our highest mission, and we are glad to hear that we have been able to provide that for you.

We look forward to seeing you and your family at our property again soon.

Lima, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

This Hotel is not very big (150 bedrooms), and it is a very very well cared. The decoration is beautiful as you go into every place of the hotel. Its near restaurants and shops in a walking distance. Everything in the bedroom looks new. The bathroom is not only new as pretty and a lot of lights. The same for the bedroom, everything looks new and very clean. The guest service is perfect, everyone called us by our Last name. I ve been lots of times in Miami and this is the first time in this hotel. I will return again. The gym and the pool are as excellent as the spa. I highly recommend you to stay here if you want to have a happy stay in Miami. You won't regret. The bar in the lobby is a really lousy place to take a drink and the restaurant for the breakfast and for diner are excellent.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear silvia359,

Thank you for sharing such beautiful comments with the TripAdvisor community. At The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove we take pride in maintaining and continuously improving this beautiful property. When you stay at The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove you are staying in the “home” of over 150 Ladies and Gentlemen who are some of the most wonderful hosts in the world. We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Mostly a residential Ritz. Only 100 rooms but still great Ritz service. Dining room for dinner is lobby and minimal but surprisingly good singer ....Leesa Rihards. Need more tables on outside patio and better lighting. Breakfast dining room quite nice. A business hotel Ritz not a vacation Ritz.....still a Ritz though which is always good.

Room Tip: Ask for bay view. 611. Good and near elevator still quiet
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mimi1234cat,

The Ladies and Gentlemen of the Ritz-Carlton are our most important resource. The property is a cozy yet elegant hotel located right in the heart of Coconut Grove. The neighborhood has many boutique shops and dining establishments that are great for business travelers or families who enjoy taking walks together. We appreciate your feedback because, as you mentioned, the Ladies and Gentlemen at the Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove provided the Mystique and Service that the world admires.

Assistant Rooms Executive

Been to The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami? Share your experiences!