“Excellent Option for a Business Stay in Miami” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami

Save Saved
You added The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3300 SW 27th Avenue, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #22 of 129 Hotels in Miami
New York City, USA
“Excellent Option for a Business Stay in Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

This was my first time staying at the Ritz in Coconut Grove and a pleasant stay it was. The hotel is a classic Ritz with all the professionalism, service and high standards that you find at almost all Ritz Hotels. The location is great as it is away from the rift-raft of South Beach and not in the boring downtown area. Its also walking distance to great restaurants by Coco Walk and the marina if you just need to take a walk and unwind. Its also convenient to downtown Miami and a very short drive from the airport.

There is a 24 hour fitness center and very nice pool too. My deluxe room was super clean. I basically got everything that I'd expect from a Ritz. This is a great option if you're travelling on business and need an upscale and convenient place to stay in Miami. I wouldn't stay here on vacation as its not near the beach. Since it is the end of June, I got a crazy low rate of $225 per night which included breakfast, valet parking and internet access. Where can you get that value at a Ritz?

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

We just stayed in Coconut Grove over the weekend at the Ritz Carlton there. Our stay was great- the staff was very accommodating and friendly- the have an exellent pool and really nice fitness center. Just a few minute walk to a Fresh Market and the Coco Walk (shopping and dining). I've never stayed at a Ritz before, we did have a preferred corporate rate while there. Our room was supremely clean and we had turn down service each evening however the rooms were not as I imagined them- meaning they didnt quite meet the luxury standards that the lobby or common areas may have suggested. This didnt bother me at all and certianly not a deal breaker but I'm not sure it would have been as valuable had we been paying full price for our room.

Room Tip: Definitely request a bay view room
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Santiago, Chile
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

I was attending the Eye4travel Conference at the Hotel while my jewelry was stolen from my room.The hotel security and management denied this illegal act instead of protecting the guest´s right and belongings. I had to call the police and file the claim. The Ritz-Carlton has not cooperated with the investigation nor responding for the acts of its employees. I would not recommend to stay there, they are very dishonest

Tupelo, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Great to experience the service from the Ladies and Gentlemen from Ritz Carlton. As a business traveler all services was provided as expected.

Will recommend this Hotels to my friends and network.

Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I booked a room at this Ritz last year to attend a conference that was being held on-site. After hours of flight delays and travel hassles, I arrived at the hotel right around 11pm to someone waiting for my cab. To my horror, they were not there to welcome me, but to tell me they were overbooked and to send me to the Residence Inn across the street. They wouldn't even let me step into the luxurious lobby that looked so inviting... Needless to say, I was not pleased so when I booked the hotel this year for the same conference, I made a point of contacting them to let them know I would be checking in late and to please (PLEASE) hold a room for me this time around. Not only did they hold a room, but they upgraded me and I was given free room service! They more than made up for their goof last year. Their customer service truly is excellent.

The hotel is what you would expect a Ritz to be - beautiful and luxurious (and expensive). The guestroom was large and the bed was just AMAZING, I could have stayed in it all day (especially with the 2 extra large down pillows I was able to request when I booked online). Since this was a business trip, I didn't experience the spa or pool, but the grounds were well kept and lovely. I would definitely stay again and I hope next year's conference stays on this property!!

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

I agree with many previous reviewers: this hotel is definitely not a typical Ritz Carlton. First of all the good bits: the staff. Every single employee is delightful, friendly and eager to help. A very rare find these days. Which is why I can't understand how the hotel gets everything else so wrong, despite managing the hardest part: good staff and service.
The rooms are average and if you are unlucky to get one on the lower floors, way below average considering the room rate. They're just full of paradoxes. There's a lint remover in the room, but the bathtub doesn't have a shower extension (so what's the point..) and the safe is so small you can hardly fit a wallet and keys in it. The bathrooms are rather nice, but the toiletries are basic at best. The TV is massive and high end, but there isn't even a chest of drawers in the room.
The pool area is really quite spartan, with a very small pool considering the size of the hotel.
The breakfast buffet must be the worse I have seen in a luxury hotel. There is hardly anything there, not even sliced bread. Admittedly, you can order it from the waiter, but not of great use if you are in a rush. Continental breakfast is a plate, with 4 pieces of pastries on it, that's it. In all other hotels of this calibre, there's general a continental buffet option, which includes all cold items, like fruit or yoghurt. Not there: you either pay for the full buffet ($30 inc tax), or you have to order a-la-carte, which works out at pretty much the same price, for a coffee, some fruit and a pastry. I was really disappointed and seeing that there have been quite a few similar negative reviews prior to mine, I find it even more disappointed that there has been no management response to these reviews, which makes me wonder if management even cares. They must care about their stuff, otherwise they wouldn't be so nice, which I guess it's a great start, but guests are important too.

Room Tip: Ask for high floors
Jacksonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights in March 2011 and by far this is one of the nicest hotels in Miami. Room service was prompt and the food was delicious. The bathroom was beautiful and had a soaking tub that invited me to take a long hot bath my first night there. I felt like I was at home and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2011

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami? Share your experiences!