“B.E.D is Dead.” 1 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
NC
“B.E.D is Dead.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

Not worth your money or time. Went 2 weeks ago and wasted a pile of money on mediocre food and poor service. We arrived 5 minutes early for our reservation and the manager informed us they were not ready yet. Ok, fine..I asked to wait at the bar and get a drink, he said no wait on the sidewalk?!! I was inclined to leave, should have, but we waited until they were ready. We were seated and then moved, guess they wanted to fill the front area but we and 1 other couple were the only people there. Again, that should have been a clue. They rushed us through a 5 course mediocre meal, we asked to slow the service down, but they refused. I guess they wanted to rush us so they could seat another couple, but at this point there were only 3 couples in the restaurant. Entertainment was poor, you could tell it was put on just because they had to, not worth the time. I would not waste my time or the 250$ I spent there, so many better options in SoBe.

Key West, FL
“Dissappointed!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

After hearing friends rant and rave about this place, I gave it a try. The gimmick of beds everywhere was original and definetly different, but the execution of their idea was horrible. We went for dinner and a movie on Thursday night. We were stuck in a corner in which the movie was shown on a wall directly over us. The only way to watch the movie is with your head at a 90 degree angle. The "beds" are not beds, but in fact oversized cushions without sheets. They were very dirty and, don't forget, you will be eating on them. The food was pretty decent but nothing spectacular. We ended up leaving after about an hour with stiff necks and were shocked to return home to find out our credit card had been overcharged $40. After calling all night trying to reach a manager, we were forced to call early the next morning. As I was explaining being overcharged, the women (manager) interupted me and said that it was simply a hold and would come off my account in 2-3 days? Since when did a bar put a $180 (A bill was signed for $140) hold on a credit card? Sounds like someone got caught and did some fancy dancing to cover their tracks. Either way, after contacting VISA, my money was returned the next day. The VISA rep said it was not a hold, but in fact a charge. Basically, if you want to eat in an uncomfortable, dirty enviornment and be ripped off when you leave, you have been at least warned!

New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
“Cool experience, but average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2008

My friend and I had dinner here and were thinking of staying for the club part. We were running late from a day trip and didn't have a chance to go back to our hotel and change so we were a little nervous they wouldn't let us in wearing our street clothes but our fears were unfounded. The hostess and our waitress were super nice. We were a little miffed about this being a hot part of the club scene as several groups entered and three people were dressed like construction workers - we actually were the best looking girls in there even in jeans and tees. Then another couple was showed to a bed near ours and they brought three children (aged about 8-12)! We were thinking of staying for the clubbing after our meal but there was no clubbing to be seen, just people having dinner on the BEDs and about five people at the bar, when we decided to leave at 11pm, and this was on a Friday! The food was okay, pretty good but not worth the high prices. My drink was fabulous but also really pricey for what it was. The part we really enjoyed was lounging on our BED - it was the most relaxing meal I've ever had!

Miami
“Downgrade!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2008

i'm from miami and i work in the hospitality industry, i had been to bed many times before and always had a great time, i loved the music and the decor it use to feel so upscale with the curtains seperating the parties making it feel you had your own little bed room. even though it is small it felt very exclusive like no other club. i always passed the word on what a great time you could have. this monday i took a couple of friends from work to experience this with me and i was very dissapointed even embarassed. first of all the "remodeling" was a major downgrade, they removed the curtains that divided the rooms and took away most of the beds, they removed the essence of the club. now its just like any ordinary small club with a bed in the middle. it makes it look cheap. either way i was already there and decided to make the best of it and hope that the music wouldn't dissapoint me. my friends and i got a bottle and began to dance the night away we were just starting to have fun hoping that the music will get better when they sat a large party next to us. all of a sudden we had all these "promoters" telling us we had to move somewhere else so they could fit their people. we felt so insulted we decided to just leave the place. on the way out a group of guys asked us what it was like in there before they went in and we let them know how terrible a time we had just had. i work at a hotel where guest are always asking whats good in the beach on what nights and never again will i recomend this place again... its not what it use to be

New York City
“Best Restaurant, Great Ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2008

I was thoroughly impressed with the Tapas menu BED offers! The lamb chops are a must and definitely try the ceviche!! Throw in a bottle of Moet Rose if you’re on a date, or a bottle Patron and or Grey Goose if you’re out with friends and you can’t ask for a better time out on south beach!! I highly recommend going early for dinner as it constantly crowded outside! A 10pm dinner reservation works best!

Been to B.E.D.? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage B.E.D., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.