“Mixing business with pleasure” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Bar/ Clubs
Activities: Dancing
Attraction Details
leisurelarry
“Mixing business with pleasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

Couple of my business buddies and I decided to hit up BED for a little evening recreation, before our meeting in the morning. Lets just say it's wild. Couple bottles later we were having a blast. Great place in Miami to splurge a little.

Visited June 2011

Ridgecrest, California
11 attraction reviews
“Wow.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

My husband and I went here on a Monday night after making reservations for it online I got the "ONLY" reservation available for that WEEK. So we show up for the 8pm seating and the guy who greeted us asked us if we had a reservation. I gave him my paper confirmation.

He then seats us in our own giant bed. It had some stains on it but I overlooked that. What I couldnt overlook was the fact that we were the ONLY ONES IN THERE. I mean, they had to remember to turn on the music after we got in there. I understand its a night club so the 8pm seating probably wasnt the best time, but I expected atleast ONE OTHER PERSON besides us to be in there...

I gave the review 2 stars because the food was good, but the price was a bit steep. I guess it wouldn have mattered if there were more people and we were having a good time but we couldnt stop laughing that we were the only ones in there, especially when I had to try so hard to get reservations. Then he wanted to see my reservations LIKE IT MATTERED. lol

So we finish eating and by the time we left there was one other couple in there. The bill was pretty steep for what we had enjoyed and about an hour or so after I finished my meal I was pretty sick for half the night in the bathroom.

To top it off, they wanted us to come BACK for the nightclub portion and gave us "VIP" tickets so we would have reduced admission. And we got a plastic bracelet. My husband and I had to laugh because they wanted us to come back to fill the place up.

So it may be okay as a nightclub but I would definately not reccomend for dinner. Not for the price. Unless you really wanted to have the whole place to yourself, then by all means it was worth it. I guess it was like we had rented out the whole place just for us.

BTW, the server Leo was awesome and it wasn't his fault there wasnt anyone in there. And they add 20% gratuity to your check automatically (20% added, our 'tip' came to 17 dollars).

Have fun. Or not!

Visited June 2011
Tring, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“Good food, chilled music...just needed more people!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

My friend and I spent the last night at B.E.D because we had heard so much about it. It was a friday night but suprisingly very queit! However very dark, moody and food was amazing and reasonably priced - we had lobster,crab and prawns on a bed of spinach garlic pasta at only $30! Ok the drinks were expensive but it is a good experience and music was excellent - r nb and very chilled. Big downer - it was so quiet! we left at midnight and it wasnt even 1/4 full..shame. All plus points, just not much atmosphere. If you blinked you would miss the entrance that may be the problem!!

Visited April 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
“Sometimes going back for 2nds is not a good idea”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

I had a very memorable and pleasant experience at B.E.D. Miami a month ago. My experience this last Friday was not so grand. I should have passed up this time so that I could hold on to my first impression.

Food is good, but very overpriced. Drinks are pricey and the beds need to be sanitized or spread down with Lysol ( or something equivalent) after each customer. Nice waitresses on both visits. Be prepared to pay a 20% automatic tip without notice.

Management in this place is a joke.. Purchased a big bottle of sparkling water before exiting the building and was told by the waitress that it was ok to take to-go. While exiting the building the want to be tough security guy had to taste the liquid before he would allow it to leave the building. Which, I was perfectly okay with, protocol is protocol. He opens my bottle place his hand over the top of the bottle and pours my water into his hand. Funny, management stood there in shock at what the security guy did and asking why would he use such a unsanitized method. My statement to management, " great question". I walked 2 steps down turned around and looked at the manager and asked could he go inside and get me a new bottle to replace my very expensive water that was now unsafe to drink. The manager looked at me, now mind you this all occurred with in less then 30 seconds, and stated "how do I know you purchased that bottle inside, you walked 2 steps away". Words can not describe how furious I became after spending $176 in this establishment twice in one month. Needless to say this visit would be my ABSOLUTE last time!

New York City, New York
“was scammed over $3482 credit card from these people”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

I want to warn people that are out of state or international. These people has taken my credit card and took my information and continue charging my card and when I face the owner of the club which is a skinny black dude. He claim my card was declined and was not charged even when I showed proof to him by calling my credit card company and have him listen to what they told me which payment from BED charges and a lot of charges being done manually . I had to go through all this frustration by extending my stay in Miami to report to police. A continue charge of $580.50 charges that add up later to $3482. These crooks, thief & scams of these new two male owners need to stop and face justice. found out so many others has experience the same but left the state and found out later.

Been to B.E.D.? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage B.E.D., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.