“Best food in Miami” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #267 of 3,649 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Vegan, Vegetarian, Healthy, Organic
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery
Description: All orders, at Mi Vida, are made fresh to order with a view of the chef preparing your meal. Freshly pressed juices, smoothies ,daily specials and more avoiding the use of animal products, microwaves, frying, preservatives, genetically modified food and high fructose corn syrup. The cafe offers a very friendly, relaxed and casual environment. The indoor sitting area is not too big, but we can and do accommodate large parties upon reservation. There is outdoor sitting at the back and front of the restaurant. And there is parking at the back. Some friends have described the place as a tiny health heaven on a busy road. Located on one of Miami's main avenues, the cafe offers a break from the many fast food chains around town. Providing tasty vegan and raw cuisine using local and organic produce.
Miami, Florida
“Best food in Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is by far the best food in Miami vegan or not. I have been vegan for 6 months and had not ventured into eating out until we decided to try Mi Vida last month.
The food is fresh, bursting with flavor and really creative. The chef is amazing, her dehydrated breads are a wonder and the simple marinated veggies are so delicious. She knows about flavors, something hard for people to understand unless they have a clean palate, and that's what is so enjoyable about eating Daniela's food. Starfruit in a quinoa salad is so unexpected but works so well. The broccoli soup with caramelized onions.. so fresh and comforting. I could eat here everyday.
Mi Vidi staff are friendly, knowledgable and accommodating and would not think twice about recommending this great cafe to anyone looking to eat some great food.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Miami, Florida
“The food is still breathing? Really?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We took our vegetarian friends from Los Angeles, who were visiting Miami for a couple days. Since Tripadvisor rated this Cafe very highly, we decided to give it a try. We arrived at the Cafe around 3.00 PM and ordered two orders of Citrus Couscous Salad ($8.00), three orders of Broccoli soup ($5.00), two orders of Raw Vegan Living Pizza ($12.00), one order of Vegan Mushroom Seitan Sloppy Joe ($16.00) and two orders of Canelones de Verdura ($14.00). We were the only customers in the cafe. We were six of us, so there wasn't any place that could seat all of us as a group except for the table in the back of the cafe which was occupied by one person. So we joined tables in the front of the cafe and sat down waiting for our food. At 3.50 PM, we received the couscous salad that was bland and the portion size was hardly more than 3 spoonfuls. I wasn't sure I tasted any citrus in it. I was pretty disappointed. I guess I had to brace myself for more disappointment as the soup was brought at 4.15 PM. The soup had NO flavor of any kind and the texture was that of a baby food (mush). Basically, they boiled broccoli and onions and pureed it. By this time, two of us received our food (soup & Salad), two of us had not received anything and two of us picked on the food that was on the table from our plates as everyone was starving. Around 4.30 PM, we received the Raw Vegan Living Pizzas, they were interesting is all I can say. They atleast had some vegetables that we could taste. When we asked why it was taking an hour to get our food, the waitress got very testy with us and said that they make everything from scratch and it is still breathing when they serve it to us. My question was that the pizza had nothing that needed cooking, it just had to be assembled and it took 1 hour and 20 mins to prepare??? Common, I understand the philosophy of what they are trying to do, but it is a limit when you take more than two hours to serve six people in the restaurant and all of us get our food at different times. The sloppy Joe arrived at our table at 4.30 PM and we were still waiting for the Canelones. These looked interesting but we had already lost our appetite and were ready to get up and leave. By this time, four of us had finished our meals and two had not received anything to eat. All of us were irritable and no longer felt as positive as we would have liked to since the service was so poor and the food hardly had any flavor.
The waiter was very pleasant and nice. We liked all of the three people who were at the cafe but I think they need to get their act together and either tell us what to expect in terms of time or suggest what might be a better option for us. We were not told about the day's specials till we asked.
Perhaps, the staff were having a hard day....I hope so. If this is considered one of the highly rated vegetarian restaurants in Miami, I would be worried. Really worried. Not going back for sure. I am sure there are other places that will be a better option.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
North Miami, Florida, United States
“Awesome food and nice quiet place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Vegan and even vegetarian food restaurants are so hard to find, my wife and I are very happy to have discovered Mi Vida Cafe. Try the raw vegan pizza, awesome.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami, Fl
“Off beat, but right on!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

If you are expecting a fancy schmancy eatery with linen napkins and white glove service, you'll be disappointed. However, if you are holding out for a great meal, friendly service, and a good time, then read on.

Neither my wife nor I are not a vegans. Our son took us to Mi Vida Cafe after tempting us with a last minute invite. We are glad we went.

I ordered the Vegan Mushroom Seitan Sloppy Joe. The heart of the sandwich is a mixture of portobello mushroom confit, braised seitan, fresh baby spinach and something called an "almond romesco" (I haven't a clue what that is). The sandwich was tasty and had a bit of a bite to it. The spice and heat were just right - just enough to let you know the sandwich was there and had some authority. I loved it. The bread was out of this world. It's called, "Back to Morocco" bread, but I'm glad it's here.

My wife ate the Canelones de Verdura. The menu describes it as a, "Pancake style dough made with fresh almond milk, filled with spinach & "cashew cotta" topped with tomato & basil cause." All I know is that it looked good, smelled good, and when I finished my meal to look over at my wife, she sported a smile which accompanied her empty plate.

I encourage you to check out this restaurant. You'll enjoy the food and you'll be healthier for it. Cheers.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Vegan dining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I was a little unimpressed. My food was good, but what I ordered was the special, which was a sandwhich on raw nut bread. It was tasty enough, but was quite small, not a lot of veggies on it, and a ligth smudge of a vegan mayo. My friends portion was larger and ironically less expensive. The staff was friendly and polite, but not a fab over all meal. I would try it again, but they should at least serve side salads with their more expensive "specials"

Visited June 2012