“Pre-cruise stay - 3 rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 130 Hotels in Miami
Sarasota, Florida
“Pre-cruise stay - 3 rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We only stayed one night before leaving on a cruise but it was a great say. We had rooms 3801, 3803 & 3805 which were all Bayview rooms. 3801 was a corner room that we absolutely loved. We were able to look down on the large yachts parked along the Miami River. The rooms are very techy but my favorite features were the bedside buttons to open the blinds and the switch on the remote to tilt the TV. We also loved the shower.

The welcome cocktail and appetizers were really nice after a long drive. We were able to walk along the water over to the Bayside Marketplace which was a lot of fun. The included breakfast was very good with a nice selection of items. The plates of cut fruit were very nicely displayed we almost felt like they were for display only!

We used the Ipad to order our car from valet and by the time we got downstairs they were pulling up with the car. One couple took a cab to the port. When trying to order the cab through the Ipad it gave a pickup time 45 minutes later so we just hoped there would be some already downstairs and sure enough there was so they were out within minutes rather than the 45 minutes.

Really a nice treat to start off a great vacation.

Room Tip: Bayview and corner rooms are wonderful!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Belize City, Belize
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

The hotel is located with the Marriott Marquis, someone generally escorts you up to the Hotel Beaux Arts. Check in was seamless, no issues. I was shown the room in great detail upon check in. I must admit was impressed with the fixtures. The view is good, I had a bay side view.

The room is spacious, with a separate seating area. Bathroom is spacious with a very nice jacuzzi tub.

The complimentary breakfast is good. The server/ attendant was attentive. The selections were not many, however enough that you can have sufficient choices.

Room service was good, timely. However, a simple request for ice can take 15 minutes. Service is basically is the same service you will get with the Marriott Marquis. Having now stayed at both, I could not detect any major difference.

Overall very nice stay. I would stay again if I want to splurge a bit.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I can not begin to do justice in expressing how much I loved this hotel. I booked the Beaux Arts for one night before leaving on my first cruise. I'd managed to rack up some Marriott Rewards points so I splurged and used them here. Wow! Am I ever glad I did.

The service from the moment we arrived was impeccable. From the bellmen to the concierge to the server at breakfast. Everyone was friendly and very helpful.

We had a bay side room with a great view on the fortieth floor. The room itself was magnificent with modern furnishings and gadgets galore. The iPad for contacting guest services came in handy for information and arranging for a taxi the next morning. I think my favorite part of the room was the jacuzzi tub. What a way to start a vacation!

I highly recommend this hotel. My only regret is that we didn't have a longer stay.

Room Tip: The bayside rooms are great, although I suspect you couldn't go wrong with a city view either.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Pros: The suite was beautiful. Separate bedroom, living room, and amazing bath. The tub was terrific. The decor was modern and well done. As stated by someone else, the faucets in the bathroom were a show in themselves. Very clean and up to date. Unique!

The staff was nice and tried to answer questions about activities as best they could.

The bar/breakfast room was lovely and had terrific views. Breakfast was included. An afternoon snack was served in the bar. Water and sodas were free all day.

Cons: The intro to the room was by a lovely young woman who did not really explain much because she did not seem to understand English well. The staff in the bar/breakfast room seemed off or maybe even scared? ie no napkin served with snack or drink in the afternoon. Odd to just out a drink down with no napkin.

The breakfast food was top quality, but the warm food was lukewarm to cold each day. Someone was checking the temps of the food one morning with thermometers, but no change the next day. Breakfast staff seemed nervous.

We asked for nonfeather pillows one evening--took 2 extra calls by phone after initially asking the person at the desk. Took an hour and a half. Not the best service for such a high price room...

Overall, fun stay and would return if I was going to a Heat game. They just need to tighten up the service.

sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

We stayed here for 1 night after a cruise to the Bahamas. The only issue we had was that our cab driver did not know where the hotel was due to the fact that it's actually inside the Marriott Marquis. I didn't know that either, but we found the place eventually. We got in at 8:30AM exhausted and they let us check in right away. The room, pool and gym were wonderful.

The price is quite a bit higher than what I could normally afford, but it was our mini honeymoon and totally worth it. The views of the bay and city and great and the service was excellent.

Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Having stayed at the Marriott Marquis on a few occasions, also a nice place to stay, I have always been intrigued with this *hotel within a hotel* located above the 39th floor. For starters, it's not abundantly clear when you walk into the Marriott Marquis that the check-in lobby is located on the 39th floor. I asked the first person i saw with a nameplate and was politely escorted. Upon arriving at the 39th floor, we were greeted and given a brief tour of the amenities and escorted to our room. During check-in we were informed that we were upgraded to a suite and quite frankly, the room was cool beyond cool. Ultra contemporary yet warm and comfortable describe it best. I love hardwood floors in a hotel suite and wonder why more don't have them. Huge flatscreen televisions,automated window treatments, a personalized Ipad to request anything and everything you might need, enormous bath with huge shower and jetted tub. The sinks are something out of Star Trek and made turning the water on a source of entertainment. The service was impeccable and the complimentary breakfast was expansive and quite good. I would try to get more of a bay view next time but the City/partial bay view i had was very very nice...and aided by the reflective windows of the high rise adjacent to us. After reading this you might ask why 4 stars and not 5. Truthfully, this is a Trip Advisor issue...they need to start allowing half-stars as this hotel would have rated a 4.5 from me instead of just 4. To complete the answer though i would say that this hotel is not inexpensive (660$ per night inclusive of tax/valet). At nearly 700$ per night i would have expected just a hair more in terms of luxury and quality. There were visible signs of water intrusion in the bath ceilings and requests in my profile were generally ignored (always are/ no big deal). Also, the valet station needs a refresher course in hospitality. I know its grueling work...but very few smiles/pleasantries. Again, not a big deal at all. Let me be clear, i am coming back to this hotel. We did enjoy it immensely. There are a ton of nice places to stay downtown and this is right up there with the Viceroy, the Four Seasons...

Room Tip: Bay View rooms in my opinion would be the way to go.
Denton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

This was the most amazing hotel stay of my life! Talk about luxury! The view was the best in the world. I stayed in SoBe the night before my few day stay here, and took a cab back there during one of the days to party. The Staff here is the best I have ever experienced in a hotel. This area was great for meeting people and near amazing restaurants!!! Taxis were easy to get and the personal touch was just the best in the world. I also loved the complimentary Fiji water, Perrier, etc. This place is super exclusive too! If you choose this hotel, you will NOT be disappointed!
Also, go to Gabbiano's around the corner... it is a bar on the Bay and has AMAZING AUTHENTIC Italian food and WINE! :-)

Room Tip: Every room has an excellent view!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Beaux Arts? Share your experiences!