“Not bad but not sure if it is worth the money” 4 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 130 hotels in Miami
Belize City, Belize
“Not bad but not sure if it is worth the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

The hotel is located with the Marriott Marquis, someone generally escorts you up to the Hotel Beaux Arts. Check in was seamless, no issues. I was shown the room in great detail upon check in. I must admit was impressed with the fixtures. The view is good, I had a bay side view.

The room is spacious, with a separate seating area. Bathroom is spacious with a very nice jacuzzi tub.

The complimentary breakfast is good. The server/ attendant was attentive. The selections were not many, however enough that you can have sufficient choices.

Room service was good, timely. However, a simple request for ice can take 15 minutes. Service is basically is the same service you will get with the Marriott Marquis. Having now stayed at both, I could not detect any major difference.

Overall very nice stay. I would stay again if I want to splurge a bit.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

125 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I can not begin to do justice in expressing how much I loved this hotel. I booked the Beaux Arts for one night before leaving on my first cruise. I'd managed to rack up some Marriott Rewards points so I splurged and used them here. Wow! Am I ever glad I did.

The service from the moment we arrived was impeccable. From the bellmen to the concierge to the server at breakfast. Everyone was friendly and very helpful.

We had a bay side room with a great view on the fortieth floor. The room itself was magnificent with modern furnishings and gadgets galore. The iPad for contacting guest services came in handy for information and arranging for a taxi the next morning. I think my favorite part of the room was the jacuzzi tub. What a way to start a vacation!

I highly recommend this hotel. My only regret is that we didn't have a longer stay.

Room Tip: The bayside rooms are great, although I suspect you couldn't go wrong with a city view either.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Pros: The suite was beautiful. Separate bedroom, living room, and amazing bath. The tub was terrific. The decor was modern and well done. As stated by someone else, the faucets in the bathroom were a show in themselves. Very clean and up to date. Unique!

The staff was nice and tried to answer questions about activities as best they could.

The bar/breakfast room was lovely and had terrific views. Breakfast was included. An afternoon snack was served in the bar. Water and sodas were free all day.

Cons: The intro to the room was by a lovely young woman who did not really explain much because she did not seem to understand English well. The staff in the bar/breakfast room seemed off or maybe even scared? ie no napkin served with snack or drink in the afternoon. Odd to just out a drink down with no napkin.

The breakfast food was top quality, but the warm food was lukewarm to cold each day. Someone was checking the temps of the food one morning with thermometers, but no change the next day. Breakfast staff seemed nervous.

We asked for nonfeather pillows one evening--took 2 extra calls by phone after initially asking the person at the desk. Took an hour and a half. Not the best service for such a high price room...

Overall, fun stay and would return if I was going to a Heat game. They just need to tighten up the service.

sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

We stayed here for 1 night after a cruise to the Bahamas. The only issue we had was that our cab driver did not know where the hotel was due to the fact that it's actually inside the Marriott Marquis. I didn't know that either, but we found the place eventually. We got in at 8:30AM exhausted and they let us check in right away. The room, pool and gym were wonderful.

The price is quite a bit higher than what I could normally afford, but it was our mini honeymoon and totally worth it. The views of the bay and city and great and the service was excellent.

Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Having stayed at the Marriott Marquis on a few occasions, also a nice place to stay, I have always been intrigued with this *hotel within a hotel* located above the 39th floor. For starters, it's not abundantly clear when you walk into the Marriott Marquis that the check-in lobby is located on the 39th floor. I asked the first person i saw with a nameplate and was politely escorted. Upon arriving at the 39th floor, we were greeted and given a brief tour of the amenities and escorted to our room. During check-in we were informed that we were upgraded to a suite and quite frankly, the room was cool beyond cool. Ultra contemporary yet warm and comfortable describe it best. I love hardwood floors in a hotel suite and wonder why more don't have them. Huge flatscreen televisions,automated window treatments, a personalized Ipad to request anything and everything you might need, enormous bath with huge shower and jetted tub. The sinks are something out of Star Trek and made turning the water on a source of entertainment. The service was impeccable and the complimentary breakfast was expansive and quite good. I would try to get more of a bay view next time but the City/partial bay view i had was very very nice...and aided by the reflective windows of the high rise adjacent to us. After reading this you might ask why 4 stars and not 5. Truthfully, this is a Trip Advisor issue...they need to start allowing half-stars as this hotel would have rated a 4.5 from me instead of just 4. To complete the answer though i would say that this hotel is not inexpensive (660$ per night inclusive of tax/valet). At nearly 700$ per night i would have expected just a hair more in terms of luxury and quality. There were visible signs of water intrusion in the bath ceilings and requests in my profile were generally ignored (always are/ no big deal). Also, the valet station needs a refresher course in hospitality. I know its grueling work...but very few smiles/pleasantries. Again, not a big deal at all. Let me be clear, i am coming back to this hotel. We did enjoy it immensely. There are a ton of nice places to stay downtown and this is right up there with the Viceroy, the Four Seasons...

Room Tip: Bay View rooms in my opinion would be the way to go.
Denton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

This was the most amazing hotel stay of my life! Talk about luxury! The view was the best in the world. I stayed in SoBe the night before my few day stay here, and took a cab back there during one of the days to party. The Staff here is the best I have ever experienced in a hotel. This area was great for meeting people and near amazing restaurants!!! Taxis were easy to get and the personal touch was just the best in the world. I also loved the complimentary Fiji water, Perrier, etc. This place is super exclusive too! If you choose this hotel, you will NOT be disappointed!
Also, go to Gabbiano's around the corner... it is a bar on the Bay and has AMAZING AUTHENTIC Italian food and WINE! :-)

Room Tip: Every room has an excellent view!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

From now until the end of time, every hotel will be simply a room compared to this. It was that fantastic.

I shelled out about a third of my marriott rewards points for this stay and I can honestly say it was the best spent rewards points ever. The hotel is the top three floors of the JW Marquis hotel and is accessible by key card only. The rooms feature marble floored bathrooms with jacuzzi tub and rain shower. I was (happily) upgraded to a suite including a livingroom with a view of the entire biscayne Bay Area. Automatic opening curtains and an iPad are two of the coolest features of the room. From the iPad you can order services, towels, ask about dining and activities, order a taxi or your valet parked car, access the internet, and learn more about the local area.

The bed was amazingly comfortable. The lounge featured free soft drinks and water which was a fantastic perk. Breakfast was in the lounge at the completely amazing hours between 6 and 11 so you can sleep in and still be well fed! While each day has a different hot option, they always include breakfast meats (hot and cold cuts), pastries and bread, cereal, juice, coffee, fresh fruit, and mimosa's. The staff is super helpful to keep you stocked and are quick to accommodate any request. The lounge itself is set up to relax in and is equipt with flat screen TV's, couch areas, and a bar. The front desk staff was always available to answer any and all questions. They helped me plan transportation to and from various attractions with cost estimates as well as recommendations.

If I could have it my way, I would have unpacked and lived in my penthouse suite for the rest of my life. Or maybe just until I got my bedtime cookies delivered (every night by housekeeping!). Everything down to the finest detail was exquisite. I stay in a lot of hotels, and I will have to be pretty impressed to come across anything this nice after this experience. Completely worth the rewards points and I really hope to stay here again!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Beaux Arts? Share your experiences!