“Luxury !” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Acworth, Georgia
“Luxury !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Headed to Miami for a cruise and needed a place for the night before. I wanted to use some Marriott points and found this hotel in the catalog. From the property description I felt it was going to be a nice place. Well the property description on Marriott.com does not come close to describing this luxury accommodation. First you are greeted in the lobby of the JW Marriott and escorted to the 39th floor for your executive check in. The staff was extremely nice and very efficient. After check in we were taken to our "suite". What a room. Actually a one bedroom 1 1/2 bath suite. Expansive city and water views. Electronic drapes and shears on the floor to ceiling windows. 60+ inch LED TV's in living rooms and bedroom. Apple doc to connect your music to the build in stereo system. Large Master bath with jetted tub and large walk in shower. Even electronic faucets in the dual sinks the turned from blue to red depending on if you had hot or cold water running.

If you are looking for a luxury romantic place to stay pick this location!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Bogota, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have to say this hotel was a great surprise, I was not expecting such a great ambient and great personal at this club level hotel in the JW marquis in Miami. Since the moment we got in the staff was helpful with any need we had. Natalia did everything in her power for us to have the best time. We had a corner suite witch was amazing!!!! The view and the size of the room are hard to beet in Miami.
I highly recommend this hotel if you need to stay in downtown Miami.
pd: The only minus was at check out I had 4 charges of minibar that where not mine, and they couldn't tell me what it was... apparently the system does not let them see it...thats ridiculous. The problem was solved very easily and I only paid what I owed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Very modern, luxurious accommodations overlooking Port of Miami and Biscayne Bay. Our windows stretch floor to ceiling and wall to wall with a wonderful view. Bathroom is very modern, clean and beautiful but no water pressure in the sinks. One outlet to plug in the hairdryer cannot fit the plug. Few outlets to plug in phones, etc. Staff is courteous and friendly but some little hiccups you would not expect at this price point. For example, appetizers in the bar were served without napkins - a small linen one is to be expected. No wine glasses available. We had to drink our wine in snifters. How can there be no wine glasses in a hotel of this size? Electronics in room are fabulous. Great TV that swivels and an IPad to use for hotel info and services. Free breakfast was okay but eggs were cold and croissant soggy. Checking in was personal and relaxing. We enjoyed a glass of Champagne while we signed in. Personal escort to our room and review of all the gadgets and features. Loved the room and hotel ! It was fun.

Room Tip: Rooms on east side have best view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Brilliant all the way we loved staying in this boutique gem. Our glass room overlooked the bay and we felt like we had an amazing view like we were floating over the sea in our high tech room, with ace remote controls! staff friendly and accommodating. the 3D media room was fun and eating in the db bistro moderne restaurant a treat! We recommend this brilliant hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Camarillo, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed at the Beaux Arts before boarding the Oceania Riviera cruise ship. This hotel is truly unique in every way, ultra modern rooms, great views, great amenities and great service.
The small breakfast and bar area is excellent.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Thomas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Well.. Where do I start! I took my fiancé to Miami for a suprise trip to see a Kevin Hart Comedy Show at American Airlines Arena just down the street.

This place was awesome! (We got a free upgrade to the Bay View King Executive Corner Room. I was hoping for a suite upgrade but... oh well). I'm in my early 30's and my fiancé is an Network Engineer so we certainly fancy hi-tech gagets!! I won't list all the things everyone lists about this place, so I will go to my favorite parts.

BUFFET BREAKFAST! We Arrived late to the breakfast thinking we had 30 minutes left but it was over!! (Our Mistake). Instead of telling us we were late for breakfast, this server seated us and took care of us like we were on time! He got us more great tasty breakfast items like smoked salmon and even offered to make cappuchino or fresh coffee, although most things were already put away for the next day. We gave him like a $20 tip even though the breakfast was free with our room package! I wish I knew his name to mention it. All I can remember was that he looked like he was 40-50 in age, African American with a mustache! Whoever you are, Thank you! Just because of his service, we will be back to this hotel!

On another note, Front Desk Agent James Mills was also SUPERB! From day 1 of my planning he was there every step of the way. His customer service made me feel like I OWNED the hotel and I was his BOSS. He was great in helping with every detail imaginable. I am very detailed and he was up for the job! Thank you!

I loved that the hotel had a couple lounge areas, my only complaint was that there was a wedding the 2nd night of our stay and we were prohibited from entering the floor with the bowling alley. That was a HUGE disappointment because we invited a couple friends to stay at the Marriot Marquis since we described the hotel so well while we were there. I just wish they gave all guest NOTICE ahead of time so we could have stayed out instead of coming back to hang out at the hotel. Well, maybe they can improve on those things.

All in all, It was a great experience. We kept playing with the gagets. For instance, the television moved to face different corners of the room, so It could be viewed by couch or bed. Also, the video door bell intercom was fabulous! Most importantly, I loved the tub and the sink.

I can't wait to go back!

-KM

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cedar Rapids, IA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I had visited this property when it was under construction, and very excited to stay over New Years using my Marriott rewards points (I worked hard for those points!). I maybe should have known when the check in attendant pointed to the screen for the hostess to take us to our room that we would be treated as customers using rewards points. My reservation stated bay view, we were given city view, I didn't mess with it since we were late arriving (I could tell they were just waiting for us to check in so they could leave for the night. Was looking forward to the arrival cocktail since our flight was NYE. We arrived later than expected due to flight delays (11pm). No drinks, bar was closed-that was disappointing! Get it another time during your stay they said, well that's fine but we weren't in our room at 6pm, we were out enjoying the city. Made our way downtown immediately to ring in the new year. Brought drinks back to the room, looked all over for ice machine. Called operator who kept telling me it was between two rooms and it wasn't. Finally made the trek down 40 floors to the JW desk (Beaux Arts is not attended all hours) who apologized, you have to call for ice there are no machines available to guests-the attendant brings it. I would have got it myself at that point, but that was some GOOD ice 30 minutes later! Again, there is no one around if you have troubles once they are gone for the day, so be prepared to try to figure it all out on your own or ask the JW Mar Marq for assistance.
Agree with other reviews, the tech stuff is fun but it's annoying when you can't even turn on the lights without digging for a room card to put in the slot by the front door.
Didn't receive turn down service, maybe that's again because we were staying on rewards.
Best thing about this hotel, breakfast. Attendant was attentive. Shrimp in all the eggs available which I loved, but spouse is allergic to shellfish. They were quick to get some plain scrambled when we asked.
Overall nice place. Beds and pillows good. I travel to a lot of beautiful properties for business, and I have experienced better. Husband said it was by far the nicest room he has stayed in...he doesn't get away from home much, haha. Probably should have booked the larger room in JW Mar Marq for the same price, now that's a view!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Beaux Arts Miami? Share your experiences!