“Luxury at its finest!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Orlando, Florida
“Luxury at its finest!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

I have stayed at some very nice hotels; however this is by far THE BEST. From the moment I arrived at the hotel, I was treated like royalty. The room was incredible! Wood floors, floor to ceiling windows with electric drapes, top of the line electronics, iPad (used to communicate with the hotel for room service, valet, housekeeping and internet, etc) and iPod docking station, surround sound, extremely spacious, and beautiful decor. It seemed as though I was at a luxury high rise condo instead of a hotel. The staff was impeccable! They were friendly and went above and beyond to ensure I had everything I needed during my stay. Breakfast and a welcoming cocktail is included and they both were a nice benefit. There were so many things (pool, basketball, virtual bowling & skee ball, and spa) to do that I didn't want to leave the hotel. My expectations were far exceeded. The price is well worth it for this quality of hotel and Level service.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite if you can, well worth it. Request a bay view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

We stayed here on Marriott points and were pleasantly upgraded at check in to a wonderful Junior Suite with amazing views (room 3826). Perhaps because my husband is elite with Marriott or that I mentioned it was his birthday in the email we received from the hotel a week prior to our arrival. The room was enormous and yes the water in the bathroom was pretty cool. The porter who brought our luggage showed me how to use the coffee machine, which made lovely coffee and the hotel was generous with giving at least 6 if not 8 coffee pods. I enjoyed several cups of coffee!
The bathroom was large with a gorgeous light fixture and I enjoyed a bath in the immense tub after a long day of walking. We did not use the pool area although it was not very busy when we checked.
The beds are comfortable of course. The ceilings reflect which was a little strange but not too detracting. The rooms are very clean and I loved the floor, it was wood! I hate hotel carpeting! The furniture was very comfortable and trendy looking at the same time. The little touches like Art books on display made this large room seem very friendly and homey.
The ipad interface was interesting but I'd rather have a recommendation from a human as to things to do/ places to go, etc. We used it once to retrieve our car from the valet and it took 45 minutes to get our car. I was not happy at all. Valet is the only option. We did not make too much of a fuss about it though.
When we got back to our room there was a small bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries with a Happy Birthday note for my husband which was a very nice touch, and also delicious.
We highly enjoyed cocktails and dinner at db bistro moderne. I will review it separately but if you like good food it's worth it to go there.
The noise in the room was negligible. I was concerned because the doors seem heavy and I thought they would slam but not once did I hear another guest. The welcome cocktail also came with some snacks in a nice lounge and the lady working there (I already forgot her name) was so delightful. When we mentioned we were heading out on a cruise the next day she offered to print us the weather forecasts for where we were going. The service level is outstanding. Everyone you encounter asks how your stay is and offers to help. The only weak link was the valet and expensive too at $35 per day! It's a great deal on points but we'd pay for a room on a return visit. It was an exceptional and unique hotel experience.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

For starters if you have Marriott Rewards points this hotel is a must stay. A bit pricey if you had to pay but they include breakfast and the staff was very helpful and nice. All the rooms come with Ipad's to help assit you if you need anything. Great location. Perfect for a romantic evening to spend and plenty of Restaurants near by. Bed was just amazing. Private Reception for you to check in and out. The room that i stayed in was over 1300 sqaure feet with a whirl pool.

Room Tip: I got upgraded to a suite wihich was amazing.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel just for 1 night just before we started our cruise from the overlooking port and it was a superb experience. I got an upgrade to a bay view from a city view room and it was totally worth it. Rooms were very luxurious and filled with technology! all entertainment equipment was from bang and olfusen was cool. And we could use all the facilities from marriott which was very good...including using the points from marriottrewards.

• Stayed February 2012
Pelham, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

We used Marriott points to book this hotel that is located inside the JW Marriott Marquis for one night and had Room 3608 that looked out over the city with a small view of the water. The lights of the city at night were quite pretty.

Great service that made you feel valued, complimentary internet, welcome drink, and what a great breakfast buffet!

The room is large with a separate living area, a large bathroom, and very high tech. You can have your car brought around, make a wake up call and more by using the iPad. The electronics may intimidate some. Push a button and the TV that is on the wall and facing the sofa will move and face the bed.

What I didn't like about the room were the glass doors in the bathroom as the door to the toilet, when open, blocked one of the 2 sinks. The same with the door to the shower as it would block the door in to the bathroom. The sinks are nice to look at especially with the faucets that change color (red = hot and blue = white), but in my opinion wouldn't be practical in a home.

The hotel is a short walk to Bayside Marketplace that has a number of restaurants and many shops.

Parking is $35.

A great stay and treat!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

I loved it - if to be short:) They try to meet and exceed guests expectations. Starting from their e-mail prior you visit - they check your arrival time and ask for any special requirements..it's a nice touch! Breakfast is included, upon arrival you get complimentary drink and have a smooth check-in at 39 floor if I'm not mistaking. The room is wonderful and full of gadgets which I really love. The view is outstanding and no questions or concerns at all! If you are not looking for a beach hotel this one would be a great choice!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Auburn, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

This hotel is all about its "cool" factor, from the decor to the electronics. So smart of Marriott to pursue this niche boutique market, and launching a hotel in Miami was brilliant. You definitely do NOT feel like you are in a Marriott once you leave the lobby (the hotel is the top several floors of the JW Marriott on Biscayne Boulevard). It was exceptionally clean, which is no small feat with all the glass and stainless steel in the bathroom, and the basics as well as the other amenities were top notch. It can be a bit complicated to operate all of the technology - the alarm clock also turns off the t.v., which lives embedded into a wall until you invite it out with the touch of a button. The gym and other recreational options are also high end. We ordered room service on the hotel-provided iPad and were also able to use the iPad - which had a nice application installed that allowed us to easily request a taxi, call for our car, check in for flights, learn about local attractions, shopping, nightlife, restaurants, etc. The food was not exceptional as it almost seemed like the menu tries too hard to be avant garde, but it was fine and the welcome glass of champagne (one of many choices of welcome "snacks") was very nice. It is pricey but we used Marriott points to stay there - now that we know what we will "get", we are very likely to return. It is not near South Beach and is not a "beach" experience. It is a destination in itself and a perfect place to stay if you are just looking to take in Miami for a few days.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Beaux Arts Miami? Share your experiences!