“What a great experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 176 activities in Miami
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Treat yourself, your friend's and loved ones to the experience of a lifetime! An airboat safari on board one of our spacious airboats. We will take you deep into the Florida Everglades; one of the last remaining wetlands in North America. Witness the natural wildlife of this magnificent and diversified eco-system. You will see alligators, deers, snakes, bears, panthers, bobcats, raccoons and over 300 species of birds, that call the Everglades their home. Our experienced staff are professional, courteous and knowledgeable. Our airboats have padded "waterproof" seats to keep you dry, safe and comfortable. We offer private and semi-private tours, as well as group packages.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Miami
“What a great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I took a semi-private tour for my video project and it was great. First of all, I got amazing footages and second, I felt like I was on vacation for an hour. There were only 7 people on the boat. The captain that we had has been working at the Everglades for 50 years. He's about 70 years old now. I was amazed! He's very knowledgable and nice. Because he's worked at the Everglades for so long, some birds and alligators would follow after him (our boat). An hour long trip felt too short. I am certainly going to take a longer private tour next time :).

New York City, New York
“This is the tour to take!!!! Ask for Captain BOB!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I took a private 1 and a half hour tour on a cloudy morning with my two adult children and one of their significant others. It was a lot colder than we though it would be, but I must say that Captain Bob warmed us up with his personality! His experience in the Everglades most of his life gives him the ability to share what's it's all about and in a very interesting interactive way! we made little stops to talk about the plant life, the birds flying around, as well as the ones crawling around in the bushes. We saw BIG alligators and really enjoyed experiencing the expanse and incredible atmosphere of Mother Nature's work in the famous Everglades. Oh, and I mentioned it was cold, well Captain Bob promptly took off his suede vest and put in on my shoulders in addition to offering handy warm, waterproof covers to put on our laps while we glided across the beautiful landscape! I speak for the four of us in saying a big THANK YOU to Captain Bob and the tour company! Also, I might mention that we were running 15-30 minutes late and there was no problem with that when I called, they made us feel relaxed and welcome to arrive whenever we got there SAFELY! :)

Marietta, Georgia
“A highlight of our trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My family of four took the 1.5 hour airboat trip over Thanksgiving weekend. We were so glad we did. Captain Willie was wonderful. He was very knowledgeable and pointed out wildlife native of the everglades. He was a delightful tour guide. It was so much fun to ride that close to the water and be so close to the alligators and wildlife. Dress warmly or in layers and take your camera. Great job Willie! Regards, the family from Atlanta.

4 attraction reviews
“Rob is THE MAN; Make sure he's your captain and you're set for some great entertainment.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I'm a Miami native, and this was the first time I went out into the Everglades on an airboat. I'd compare Rob's bravery to the late Steve Erwin (the crocodile hunter).

He gets you up close and personal with these alligators, and is very knowledgable about all the other wildlife.

Highly recommended.

Remember, it might get chilly if it isn't summer time so bring a jacket!

Boise, Idaho
27 attraction reviews
“An Essential Part of Any Miami Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The Everglades of River of Grass is extraordinary and unique. To truly appreciate South Florida, a visitor must see this natural environment. Compared to other airboat excursions that are touristy and crowded, Captain Wayne and Captain Bill offer a private and very memorable experience. Just 30 minutes from downtown Miami we met Captain Bill and easily launched with William, our airboat captain, for a 2 hour excursion. William took us to special spots for bird viewing, gator viewing, and a brief walk into a hammock. We learned about special uses for plants adapted by the native tribe. Our two passengers under the age of 12 grinned the entire time, loved the speed and smoothness of the airboat, and mouthed adjectives like "awesome" "cool" and "so fun" -- Consider doing a sunset tour and see the Everglades in special light, as birds take flight and the sun disappears on the horizon. Great day.