“Best Frita” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 3,659 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban, Hamburgers, Hot Dogs
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Description: Voted best Frita in Miami (Cuban Hamburger) The choice of Pres. Obama while in Miami and Participant inthe Food Network Food and Wine Festival 2011
Louisville
“Best Frita”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I lived in Miami for many years and during that time did not occur to visit this place. Now I live in another state and while on vacation there, decided to visit it. Never would I have thought to find a place with a better frita than the one of 'El Rey de la Frita'. Yes, I believe is better.

The place is small but the service and food are excellent. The owner, 'El Mago', was very nice. We chatted for a while and he showed how humble and a hard working man he is. My wife share my same thoughts. Next time in Miami, we'll surely go back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Made me feel like family.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stopped at this place on Calle 8 on our way to the Everglades for an airboat tour. We had heard it was the best place for Fritas and it not dissapoint. Also, their chicharron, which is a strip of deep-fried pork meat with rind, is just great. It's what we call carne frita in Puerto Rico. What we didn't expect from such a small and casual place was to be treated with such warmth and care. From the moment we stepped in, we were made to feel like family in a really genuine way. Parking is limited and that place is really small, but do not miss it if you want to experience true cuban hospitality... and great food too. Gracias!

Visited May 2013
Miami, Florida, United States
“Bueno. Bonito. Barato”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

If you've never had a frita, you NEED to stop here. This is the only place in all of Miami to get a real, honest to goodness, authentic frita ,and the customer service was excellent. No other compares!!!!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
MIAMI, FL
“Too crowded”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

The food is very greasy here and men sneere at pretty women

Visited April 2012
elmagodelasfritas, Guest Relations Manager at El Mago de las Fritas, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
I apologize for not seeing this post sooner to respond. Can you please provide additional information on your experience. I apologize on behalf of the clients staring at you, we are a family establishment however there are exceptions as you have experienced. Also could you please let me know what was ordered that you found greasy. We pride ourselves on being a fresh clean meat restaurant and certainly do not wish to serve greasy or sub-par products. Again, I apologize for the very delayed response however I did not want you to think you were overlooked.

Thank you for visiting and we do hope you give us another shot at your business,

Barry E. Hennessey
305-520-9605
Miami, Florida
“The cuban hamburger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I personally like more the cuban hamburger than mcdonals , it is cheap and has a very good tastes and they are cook in a grill by the owner
Awesome