“Ended up looking like a rockstar for my wife's 30th b-day...” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
LuLu - Coconut Grove is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #108 of 3,717 Restaurants in Miami
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Contemporary, Fusion, Tapas, Eclectic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Highway
Description: A funky neighborhood joint with a sophisticated vibe. Globally influenced seasonal cuisine and infused drinks. Neighborfood.Lulu is a vision of what an outdoor sidewalk restaurant should be, where Commodore meets Main Highway in the center of Coconut Grove; a funky neighborhood joint with a sophisticated vibe, a place that will connect people and start a conversation; a meeting venue that will serve dishes to share around a drink.Lulu is the combined effort of individual strengths coming together to create a rhythmic, interplaying, and improvisational masterpiece where each player riffs off his or her own talents and history to bring a fresh, new perspective to the ongoing story. At Lulu, we believe patrons and friends are looking for more than just a deal. It is not so much about the bargain, but where you want to spend your money; besides the quality of food and service, it is about contributing to the health of a community, by sponsoring local charities and offering the option to everyone to do the same.
Miami
“Ended up looking like a rockstar for my wife's 30th b-day...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

Over the years, this corner spot in Coconut Grove has never been home to any remarkable restaurants. So I never gave it much thought when I first saw LuLu open last year. Boy have things changed....

So when I started calling around looking for a good spot to host my wife's 30th birthday dinner with about 20 or so assorted friends and family, I was a little apprehensive about the "smaller scale" of this venue. I sent an email to the manager and went down to the Grove to meet him and scout out the venue firsthand. Britt Burman welcomed me and made me feel comfortable in choosing their restaurant. He also showed me where a party so large would sit, and I felt that it was more than adequate. Fast forward a week later:

Wow!! The food at this place is incredible. I would describe it as 'New American' cuisine. The dinner menu was small, but each piece was SO well done. Most of what they have to offer is a tapas-style medley of dishes and apps. Here is a list of some of the many things we shared and passed around the table:
chorizo, lamb ribs, roasted dates wrapped in bacon, goat cheese croquetas, fried green tomatoes (very apprehensive about these at first, since they are usually very greasy.....not their recipe, however!!!).
Alas, mostly, I saved my appetite for the biggest surprise of them all....the NY strip. I was not expecting a restaurant themed like LuLu to server such a great piece of meat.....but they served me up a mean, medium, NY strip steak. Lightly seasoned, and grilled to perfection, with a LITTLE BIT of a delicious shallot sauce. The cut seemed larger than the advertised 12 ozs, and I am sure that most steakhouses would have charged a lot more than the $25 that was charged for this small piece of divinity. So wonderfully surprised.

All in all, ambience is great, as their seems to be a "social feel" to the restaurant with its outdoor seating and sofas to lounge on. And let's not forget the drinks!! I found a new IPA to love. It's called "Swamp Ape", and its bottled right here in Melbourne. Never heard about it until now. People were drinking sangria, lychee martinis, and various other hand crafted cocktails and loving each one.

I give an absolute 5 stars to LuLu for management, service, food, and prices. All top-notch. Thanks again, LuLu, for making me look like the loving husband that I am!! ;-)

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Milan, Italy
“Oh. My. God. You Must Eat Here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

This was by far the best meal during our Miami/Coral Gables stay and I'm disappointed that we found it on our last night. I definitely would have liked to eat there more than once. The menu offers an assortment of small plates and entrees. The flat bread/skirt steak small plate that is mentioned on other reviews is hands-down some of the best food I've eaten in awhile. Our server mentioned that the blue cheese is strong and suggested a switch to goat cheese, but we stuck with the blue and found it to be no stronger than the average blue cheese. It is quite large for a "small" plate, about the size of a piece of paper cut into 6 squares. We also had the asparagus small plate and it was delicious, though perhaps not trimmed enough at the bottom to allow on the tender portion to be served. We also enjoyed the Truffle Mac & Cheese. For an entree, it was rather small, and probably should be on the other section of the menu. The mango cheesecake was fantastic. Had to try it after so many other mentions. Couldn't quite figure out what was in it, or how it was made, but delicious all around. Service was good and atmosphere was very nice. I didn't love our table at the base of the stairs, but hesistated to dine outside with some gray clouds nearby.

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mississauga, Canada
“Deeeelish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

The food was absolutely amazing. We ordered the flatbread with steak and goat cheese apps, along with a burger as our entree. We will definitely be back!

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Buenos aires
“Best Mango cheescake!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

We loved the location, quiet small shopping area with nice boutiques and bars. Lulú has really nice design, and excellent service. Our dishes were very good and we were recommended to try the mango cheescake and absolutly loved it!! if you are into cakes: YOU CANNOT MISS THIS ONE!! so creammy and soft flavour!! congrats to the baker.

• Visited May 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Perfect for outdoor casual food and drinks.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

My wife and I met some friends here a couple of weeks ago. We went on a Wednesday night in time for happy hour, sat outside and stayed late into the night. Great happy hour. Great specials. Perfect menu for small plates while drinking. Food was very good, especially the Fried Green Tomatoes and Crispy Flat bread with skirt steak. Service was perfect - there when you needed them and left you alone when you didn't. Would recommend and go back.

Visited June 2011

Been to LuLu - Coconut Grove? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage LuLu - Coconut Grove, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.