“Pricey but good” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The newest Mercadito location are the chicest and most modern addition to the restaurant family. Ample sized banquets accommodate large parties while smaller white quartzite tables and the soft wood floor and ceiling keep the atmosphere cozy. Exquisite details include rope screens separating banquettes, handmade pyramid-shaped copper lights illuminating the bar, and unique 3D graffiti-style murals dressing the dining rooms. A massive bar area and lounge lets guests relax while taking in the stylish and upscale environment.
London, United Kingdom
“Pricey but good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Quick dinner with friends and business colleagues. Extensive taco menu, with a host of unusual combinations. Not cheap, but all very tasty. Huge tequila menu also, although I stayed on the Negra Modelo. On balance, a great meal, but not a place to visit if on a tight budget.

Miami, Florida, United States
“Ladies Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I went here with my girlfriends for a happy hour/ladies night. We got there during happy hour and our glasses of wine were $5 but as soon as happy hour was over they were $10. I didn't notice that until we got the bill but whatever.... we had a good time.... we were there for a while so our bill was pretty hefty. We had the tacos on happy hour menu and although they didn't look like tacos they were very tasty. The guacamole was very good too. The company was the best. The atmosphere was great, low lights, before decor and pretty good service. We did complain once because we ordered a drink and they took like 15 minutes to bring it and they came up with some lame excuse that the server had to go upstairs to get something... but overall great place.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
miami beach
“Was there for drinks only.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had spectacular margaritas: the original, cucumber and pineapple.
We enjoyed the outdoor seating.
I tried one of their guacamoles. It had a little too much cumin or oregano, or whatever but it was ok.The service was great.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami
“One of the best deals for Miami Spice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I had been meaning to try this restaurant for a while when an amazing deal popped in my inbox: 2 for 1 Miami Spice!! I was thrilled - it sounded almost too good to be true. I made reservations for a Wednesday evening and arrived with a little apprehension due to the coupon. I've had bad experiences with Groupons in the past, so I wasn't sure what to expect.

I have to say Mercadito accepted the coupon without complaint and provided excellent service the entire evening, despite the low price paid for the meal. I happily tipped the server 20% of what the bill should have been without all the discounts (more than tripling our bill due to the great discount!), each staff member who helped us was professional, polite and accommodating.

So A++ for service!

Ambiance is also great - we sat indoors at a booth. There was just enough background music to keep our conversation private, yet perfect for being able to hear each other at the table. The restaurant is beautiful inside, warm and inviting. Great for date night.

The Miami Spice menu this year included an alcoholic beverage, a sampling of two guacamole types, one additional appetizer (they have also several types of ceviches you can choose for this course), four types of tacos (you receive two of each type for two diners), a side item and a dessert to share. Probably one of the best deals for the money out of any Miami Spice menu this year, it comes out to a huge amount of food. We had to roll out of the restaurant by the end =)

We ordered:

Margarita tradicional - served in a stemless wine glass, it was elegant and tasty.
Chela (beer) - Modelo especial, only complaint was it wasn't very cold.

Guacamole tradicional - traditional and good.
Guacamole elote - with corn added. I liked this one a lot better.
**Chips served with the guacamole were really tasty.

Queso fundido - melted cheese with wild mushrooms. Really, really tasty. One of the highlights of the meal. It's served with warm corn tortillas. I will absolutely order this again.

Carnitas Tacos - really spicy, but a great combination with the meat and coleslaw.
Tacos al pastor - a bit spicy, but full of flavor. Loved the pineapple.
Pancinta Tacos - hands down favorite of the night. Absolutely delicious with pork belly. They were the hardest to eat though - be prepared to get a little messy =)

Nopalitos - I chose this side because I had never tried cactus leaf before. It was a huge portion that could have easily fed four. Tasty with a nice vinegar tang, yet not very exciting.

Morenita de chocolate - really good, although I have to say I could only eat a bite or two. I was stuffed!

We'll definitely be back for more!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Great midtown experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Our first time at mercadito in any city. Was fantastic all around. Tapas style. Great flavours. Highly recommend the tacos!

• 5 of 5 stars Food