“We loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 131 hotels in Miami
Toronto, Canada
“We loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2007

We stayed at this hotel for one night prior to going on a cruise. We chose this hotel for a number of reasons, it's free airport shuttle, the free breakfast & the close proximity to the huge Dolphin Mall....as I was travelling with 2 teenagers, this gave us something to do the night before, lots of great shopping, dining & entertainment options there. We were picked up at the airport within 20 minutes of my calling, by a very friendly & informative shuttle driver, Juan. Juan also later drove us to the mall & came back and picked us up again when we were done....I was very impressed by this, as it's not something that the hotel advertises, just a simple courtesy that saved me money on taxi's...Juan even stopped for us so we could take pictures....this went a long way for us! All of the hotel staff were friendly and helpful, right from the moment we checked-in....they even arranged our transportation the next day to the cruise terminal. Everyone seemed genuinely happy to be working there, as there was always a smile and a warm hello from the staff. The rooms were clean and very comfortable, we all slept great. A big plus was the free breakfast the next day, especially with my 2 very hungry kids...everything was delicious and fresh. The free internet was also a plus. Overall this hotel was a very pleasant place to stay, a great value for the money. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Liked — Everything!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

360 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2007

It truly was a pleasure to stay at this hotel. Staff was friendly and accomodating; hotel and hotel premises were clean. We had a second story double room that was spacious, quiet, and private. Internet hookup (although not wireless, at least in my room) was adequate - they provided an ethernet cable in the room. Breakfast was nice, with a higher than average selection of food compared to other Hamptons. Parking was a bit tight, but nothing to complain about. In the lobby, you will find a convienient business center that allowed me to print my airplane boarding passes (at no cost) the day before I departed. The architecture was nice as well - for a 2 star hotel anyway.

In regards to the reviewer that noted the loud music and partying in the downstairs bar, I was fortunate enough to avoid this experience. While there were some people down there at night, they were absolutely no bother to me at all. Perhaps his/her experience was an isolated incident. (I wanted to comment on this, as it was a concern for me, especially during a weekend in which the hotel was to be full.)

For the race fans out there: We stayed at this hotel for the Homestead NASCAR race weekend, November 2006. Looking for something that was along Florida's Turnpike, this seemed to be in a decent location. About a 25-30 minute drive to the speedway - at the time, it was the best we could find.

• Liked — The location (in terms of the Homestead track), the breakfast, and the architecture.
  • Disliked — The location - not too much to eat or see around the hotel. Fast food joints were a bit of a drive away.
  • Stayed November 2006
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Metz, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2006

We stayed here July 21st for one night. The room was decent but could have been larger and cleaner (dust on wall-to-wall carpet in the room, stains in the corridor, one Q-tip behind a piece of furniture). People had a picnic on the tables near the pool on the evening and nothing was cleaned up in the morning so it made a bad impression looking outside. But the staff was pleasant and the breakfast really very good with a lot of choice and delicious cakes. The location is good if you just stop here to sleep.

• Liked — The breakfast.
  • Disliked — The cleanliness of the floor.
  • Tips/Secrets — Maybe a good choice for a short stop.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2006

I recently stayed at the Doral Hampton Inn for one night on business. There were some things I liked about it, and some other things that I really didn't like. All in all, it was adequate, but I don't think it should be listed as one of the Top 10 hotels in Miami (not including Miami Beach hotels). I would only recommend it for business travelers (but don't get a pool-view room...see below) and/or people needing a hotel near the Turnpike.

Pros:
--Free shuttle bus is available to pick you up from the airport (or take you to the airport) and can also take you to/from nearby restaurants, Doral mall, etc. Very nice if you don't have a car
--Free breakfast in the morning. I didn't go for the hot breakfast, though it looked decent enough, but I did take one of the free "to-go" breakfasts which was convenient and easy
--Clean room. The bathroom tiles could use some grout cleaning but otherwise it was adequate
--Free internet...a nice perk!
--Very very good air conditioning

Cons:
--The biggest con for me was the outdoor bar next to the pool. My window faced the pool, and the bar was VERY loud until about midnight. It was supposed to close at 11 but stayed open since there were people there. People screaming, music, etc. And this was on a Tuesday night! A related negative of the hotel would be that there isn't any nightlife nearby to speak of, so everyone just goes to the hotel bar. If staying at the Hampton, I'd highly recommend requesting a room that doesn't have a pool view.
--As noted above, there isn't any nightlife and very few restaurants to speak of in the vicinity. There is no restaurant in the hotel at night. Your only options are to order in, drive to the Doral mall (nearby, but not walking distance), or have the shuttle bus take you somewhere and then pick you up later.
--The pillows are very thick and hard...if you like flatter, softer pillows...bring your own or stay elsewhere
--In my room, the desk was right next to the air conditioning, and since the air conditioning is so good, I couldn't have it on while working at the desk. So, I couldn't turn on the A/C until I went to bed. Minor point, but thought I'd mention it

• Liked — Shuttle bus, caters to business travelers, air conditioning in room is excellent
  • Disliked — Pool bar is way too loud and open too late for a weeknight
  • Tips/Secrets — Get a room that doesn't have a pool view if you want some peace and quiet
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2006

I recently stay at the Hampton Inn at the Doral area, right off the Florida Turnpike, and I have stayed at a few Hampton's before and they all good, I beleived this one was Great!, the staff was great, the rooms- I stayed in a suite that had a kitchen, was very clean and the bar was a good thing to have. My business is around this area, I will stay there whenever I have to go to Miami to work.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Nottingham UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2006

This is the last of 5 hotels my family and I stayed in during our 2 week trip to Florida and we were very impressed with the standards of this chain of hotels.

We tried to get in the other Hampton Inn that was nearer the airport but it was full. However, this place was fine. Exceptional levels of cleanliness, the staff were brilliant and extremely helpful, even though we only stayed for the one night. Out of the five hotels, this had by far the most comprehensive breakfast which
was very well presented and not laced in sugar! They also had free internet access on 2 PC's which kept my kids quiet all morning as we waited in their lobby. You have to vacate your room by 11am and we did not need to leave for the airport until 1pm. They very kindly let us stay in their comfortable reception area and even provided free coffee!

We had a twin bedded room which only cost $157 for the night which was very reasonable indeed. We can highly recommend this hotel and if we go to the States in the future, I am going to seriously look at staying at this chain of hotels - they have put a lot of thought into them as to what a customer wants...

PS There is a Tony Romas just up the road as well!

vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2006

Our family stayed here for 3 nights in March and found the staff really helpful and the room was clean. We used the shuttle to the airport and really enjoyed talking to the driver. We also appreciated the availabiltiy of a washer/dryer as we used them before heading off on our cruise. Only one small complaint was I found the one bedroom suite to be a bit cluttered with too much furniture. Anyways the room was clean and would definitely recommend it. If your planning to stay here before a cruise, the taxi to the port was $46.

• Stayed March 2006

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall? Share your experiences!