I recently stayed at the Doral Hampton Inn for one night on business. There were some things I liked about it, and some other things that I really didn't like. All in all, it was adequate, but I don't think it should be listed as one of the Top 10 hotels in Miami (not including Miami Beach hotels). I would only recommend it for business travelers (but don't get a pool-view room...see below) and/or people needing a hotel near the Turnpike.
--Free shuttle bus is available to pick you up from the airport (or take you to the airport) and can also take you to/from nearby restaurants, Doral mall, etc. Very nice if you don't have a car
--Free breakfast in the morning. I didn't go for the hot breakfast, though it looked decent enough, but I did take one of the free "to-go" breakfasts which was convenient and easy
--Clean room. The bathroom tiles could use some grout cleaning but otherwise it was adequate
--Free internet...a nice perk!
--Very very good air conditioning
--The biggest con for me was the outdoor bar next to the pool. My window faced the pool, and the bar was VERY loud until about midnight. It was supposed to close at 11 but stayed open since there were people there. People screaming, music, etc. And this was on a Tuesday night! A related negative of the hotel would be that there isn't any nightlife nearby to speak of, so everyone just goes to the hotel bar. If staying at the Hampton, I'd highly recommend requesting a room that doesn't have a pool view.
--As noted above, there isn't any nightlife and very few restaurants to speak of in the vicinity. There is no restaurant in the hotel at night. Your only options are to order in, drive to the Doral mall (nearby, but not walking distance), or have the shuttle bus take you somewhere and then pick you up later.
--The pillows are very thick and hard...if you like flatter, softer pillows...bring your own or stay elsewhere
--In my room, the desk was right next to the air conditioning, and since the air conditioning is so good, I couldn't have it on while working at the desk. So, I couldn't turn on the A/C until I went to bed. Minor point, but thought I'd mention it
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our newly renovated hotel is located in the Dolphin Mall/International Mall area of Miami/Doral, Florida with shuttle service available. Located only moments away from Miami International Airport, our hotel offers beautifully appointed rooms and 2 room condominium style suites with fully equipped kitchens. We can't wait to meet you on your next trip to Miami! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall
- Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall Hotel Miami
- Hampton Inn Doral Blvd
- Hampton Inn Miami
- Miami Hampton Inn