“Clean, friendly stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 130 hotels in Miami
Andover, Minnesota, United States
“Clean, friendly stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This is a good clean hotel with all the basic amenities. They offer a great free breakfast from eggs to oatmeal to pastries. The property is primarily in business districts so may not be the best for a leisure trip.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

399 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Miami, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I had to saty here for work. The place is old and needs updated. But when I found ants in my bathroom. MANY MANY ants and let the front desk know they told me they did not know what they could do. I waited two days and nothing was done. I complained again anf finally two days later they had someone take care of it. Had I not been working so much I would have moved to another hotel. They were nto very attentive to the guests and what they needed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

JREstrada, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Beth,

I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. Please know that the health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and we work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and assure you the situation has been addressed. If we may be of any further assistance or if you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact our offices directly.

Jenny R Estrada
Bristol, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

You can always rely on a Hampton Inn for a reliable, comfy stay with a good breakfast. This one is no different. I was just staying one night before a cruise and didn't arrive until late. The check in staff weren't great, and didn't offer any information whatsoever. The girls in the morning were much more helpful. I used the shuttle to the mall first thing and then used it to the airport to get a taxi to the port. The guy who checked me in said it would cost $65 for a cab from the hotel to the airport, or I could book their transport for $55. Instead I used their free shuttle to the airport and paid $24 for a cab from there! It seems he would have known this would be the cheapest option for me but kept quiet about it.....thank god for google and other trip advisor reviews!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Lexington, SC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

This Hampton Inn has to be among the best of the Hilton family of hotels. The staff is friendly, happy, courteous, helpful and full of information. This will be our place to stay when we are in the Miami area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Santiago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I spent a couple of days at this hotel last month, is very well located if you are there for shopping, if not its very far away from touristic spots.
The hotel has a complimentary shuttle to dolphin mall and to Miami international mall, they have set hours for pick up and drop off which was very convenient!!

The staff is just amazing, they really try their best to make your stay the best!
i arrived really early in the morning and they manage to give me a room anyway, no early check in... details like that made my stay a great pleasure.

Besides in front there is a great cuban place to eat!!

If you are there fo shopping, its a great place and a great deal

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Barbados
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel and it was even better than the first time since I got upgraded to a suite. The free breakfast, internet and shuttles to the malls are all added perks to staying here. Great staff that are willing to go the extra mile to please the guest. The room was nice and the internet worked great. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Virgin Islands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night in April. We booked the hotel on a another website and requested a king bed with a pull out sofa. There were 4 of us, my husband and myself and our two kids. When we arrived at the hotel we were told we had a king room but it didn't have a pull out sofa which wasn't really going to work for us. All the double rooms were booked as well so our only option was to stay in an accessible room. This didn't bother me until we entered the room. The room was seriously dirty. There was mold in the bathroom, dirt on the windowsill and hair everywhere. I was really shocked that the room was so gross. Our kids were under the weather so I didn't bother trying to change rooms since we couldn't go to a king room anyway. One of the reasons we booked the hotel was that they advertised a shuttle to the mall. Well the shuttle was an hour late to leave the hotel so we had to take a cab. Also the shuttle only goes to the airport every hour. I would not stay at this hotel again.

Stayed April 2014
JREstrada, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear trippinmama

We appreciate that you chose to stay with us for your family trip. However, we sincerely apologize that your room conditions did not meet your expectations or ours. We have passed on your comments to our team and will address your specific concerns with our department heads. We regret any discomfort or inconvenience our service missteps caused you and hope we can invite you back to offer you a much better experience.

Kind regards,

Jenny R Estrada

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall? Share your experiences!