“Super impressed, great service, highly recommended!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
HHonors Weekend Special
Ranked #24 of 129 hotels in Miami
Toronto, Canada
“Super impressed, great service, highly recommended!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I was completely blown away by the superb service at the Hampton Inn Suites Doral. The service was over and above the norm and more importantly, it seemed genuine. Within ten minutes of arriving in my room, I received a call from the front desk to ensure my room was okay. I've stayed at many hotels/motels in my day and this has never happened to me. This was only the beginning of great service, from the advice on dinner, bar service, the shuttle to Dolphin Mall, breakfast and arranging our shuttle to the Port of Miami, everyone was very helpful. The location is not the best for "Miami" proper. You are a solid thirty minutes from downtown/South Beach. At $160 a night on a Thursday, it does seem a little pricey for essentially a suburban hotel, but that said, it is still Miami in February. I highly recommend this Hampton Inn location, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
JREstrada, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear tdsuperstar

Thank you so much for your review. I am thrilled to see that we were able to make such am impression on you during your stay with us. You are right on when you say that our service is genuine, our staff truly cares about each of our guests comfort and will do what it takes to exceed expectations. When you are with us you're family. I will share your comments with the staff and we look forward to the next opportunity to serve you.

Warm Regards
Jenny Estrada

411 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We recently stayed here for two nights and really liked the staff and the way we were treated. The hotel is a bit shabby but it is very personable and the gym has good equipment and the rooms are really clean. The breakfast has lots of options and the main lobby is nice and warm and friendly. The only downside for us while we were there is that we wanted to tour downtown Miami but it is very far and the only real option is to rent a car or take a cab (which is not cheap) but when we originally booked it we hadn't planned on having time to tour downtown. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear cruisie101

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts on trip advisor and commenting on our great customer service. Our property will be undergoing some changes this year so we can ensure that all aspects of our hotel meet guests expectations. Again thank you for staying with us.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We booked this for the night before our cruise, no shuttle at the airport however we were told to take a taxi and the front desk would pay us back. the cost was about $20.00. The room was light and airy and done in nice carribean colors. We overlooked the pool which was great! The bed was incredibly comfy which is always nice. We took the free hotel shuttle to the nearby dolphin mall which was a great place to get last minute items for the cruise. The shuttle was a bit late to pick us up to go back to the hotel but it was free. The next day our breakfast was actually better than the normal hotel lobby breakfast, very busy but nice and fresh. Our shuttle to the cruise port was $55.00 for 2 which was expensive but easy. over all great!!

Room Tip: Ground floor is great as your view is of the pool which is beautiful and its close to breakfast in t...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Gruxgirl

So happy hear that you started off your vacation right with us. Dolphin Mall is truly the one stop shop for all travelers whether its some last minute items or a full day shopping spree. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast, so many yummy options to choose from and we make sure to keep the items fresh and hot all morning long. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to the next opportunity to serve you.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Continental breakfast was great! OMG, Hot oatmeal! Room was great. Good sleep quality. Staff was courteous. Overall a good experience. My son loved the gummy bears at check in. I have to type 200 characters so I am typing more for this review. IN the future, I won't review because of this requirement. .

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Another 5 Star review!!!! Thank you so much for your kind words. I couldn't agree with you more that the oatmeal is amazing and also a guest favorite has to be the fresh waffles, such a treat. Thank you for your excellent rating, until the next time.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We stayed 2 nights over Valentine's weekend and were very pleased with almost every aspect of our visit. The King size suite was extremely comfortable and well-maintained. Christian, at the front desk, was very helpful and pleasant. Great breakfast selection. Only 2 negatives were the rude lady working the desk early Sunday morning and the fact that the airport shuttle doesn't run 24 hours. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
JREstrada, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Tex bound

Thank you for sharing your feed back on trip advisor. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and that Christian was able to provide you great customer service. I have also noted and addressed your comments with the staff member on shift that Sunday morning and assure that this will not repeat itself. We pride ourselves on customer service excellence and always striving to ensure we deliver just that. Should your travels every bring you back to Miami we would love to have you stay with us again.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

My husband and I stayed here one night before our cruise. We were both disappointed. This was not what I had become to expect from Hampton Inn. First, the shuttle took forever to pick us up from the airport. Second, the place was old and outdated and could have been cleaner. Third, the breakfast was awful. The only thing we liked was the juice. Typically the breakfast includes bacon or sausage, but there was no meat served at all, the eggs were tasteless and the french toast was hard. The bed was uncomfortable and we could not get comfortable to enjoy a good night's rest after several flight delays. When I checked out I was not asked about my stay, in which I was not 100% satisfied. I was absolutely disappointed in my stay at this hotel. Service was good, but all else failed. Just a note if you are staying to cruise, the cost for transportation for two to the port was $55. Also this hotel is not that close to the airport in my estimation.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear CShep613

I would like to apologize for the issues encountered during your stay. While it seems that we were able to deliver the customer service looks like we missed the mark on the amenities provided.Comments such as yours allows us to continue to get better as a team and provide that Haptonality experience that keeps our guest coming back. Again my apologies, should your travels bring you back to Miami please reach out to me and I will ensure that your next stay is perfect.

Jenny R. Estrada
Fenwick Island, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Ok Hampton Hotels. Learn from this hotel. The staff in this hotel are unbelievable. The rooms are wonderful with all top of the line linens. We stayed there before we left for 18 days in the Dominican Republic. We were able to keep our car there that long. The breakfast was very good and not the "typical airport hotel". Wait I forgot the cookies. When you arrive they have a big plate of home made cookies. I was talking to Arturo about not going to get their cookies that morning. He went in the kitchen and made me some. The manager Robert brought me out a dozen cookies to the airport shuttle. We went back tonight to get the car. They both remembered me with hugs. This is a one of a kind hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear leisuresusie

Thank you for your kind words of the hotel, we are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay and will relay your comments with the team. Until the next time

Warm Regards
Jenny Estrada

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall? Share your experiences!