“Great hotel and awesome staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
HHonors Weekend Special
Ranked #19 of 131 hotels in Miami
Canton, Connecticut
“Great hotel and awesome staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed here for one night after a cruise. Overall, it was a wonderful experience. The front desk staff, especially Marcella, were attentive and helpful. The room was clean, large and beautiful - we had a King Suite with kitchen. The air conditioner was a little noisy, but no big deal for a one night stay. The hotel offers a free shuttle to/from the airport and to the local malls if the driver is not doing an airport run. Breakfast was good - plentiful and some nice choices. As other reviewers have stated there isn't a whole lot immediately around the hotel in terms of restaurants and shops, so getting dinner is a little challenging. However, the front desk has a nice selection of menus from local restaurants that will deliver to the hotel. The only minor annoyance was that on the day we checked out (check out is at 12 noon, by the way) several people from housekeeping kept opening the door and trying to come into clean from around 10 a.m. onwards. This was a little annoying as we were trying to pack and also trying to keep our 2 year old entertained while was were packing. Apart from that, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I am a new convert to the Hampton Inn brand, and this is certainly up there with the best Hampton Inns around.

Room Tip: The King Suites with kitchen are wonderful rooms and aren't that much more expensive.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
JREstrada, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites and I must agree that Marcella is truly amazing as well as the staff in ensuring that every guest stay is memorable. With regards to the housekeeping issue I believe that this may have been an isolated incident, however I have used your comments as a training tool for our staff guarantee that this does not happen again. I hope you enjoyed your cruise and we look forward for another opportunity to serve you.

358 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Lakeland, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed here for 8 nights in March 2013 and the staff was very, very nice and helpful. The breakfast was quite good, lots of choices. Waffles, cereals, fruits, bacon, sausage, bisquits and gravy, eggs, etc. We had a king quite which was quite confortable. Full kitchen (full refrig, stove top, microwave), no oven. The bathroom was a little small. Nice living room and table in kitchen and separate bedroom. Our biggest complaint here was the NOISE from the nearby BAR. We apparently were on the side nearest the bar which had such loud music until 4am that it kept us up nightly. There is not much right around the hotel but restaurants and shopping are not far away. Also, there was honey or syrup on our kitchen floor and down the front of the dishwasher and we actually used wipes to clean the dirty floor and nasty hairdryer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the bar.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
JESTRADA3590, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I wanted to personally reach out to you and let you know that your concerns with the cleanliness have been addressed with my staff and corrected. I also understand your concern with the noise from the local bar, this is currently being addressed with the city of Doral and improvements have been made and more are underway. Again thank you for sharing your comments, these are tools that we use to continue to improve our service to our guests and live the HAMPTONALITY!

Jenny R. Estrada
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night after a cruise and overall enjoyed my stay. The staff was fantastic. I can't praise them enough. The hotel was clean and the pool/outdoor area was great. The breakfast was also standard and plentiful. The only issue I had was with my room. I had a king suite and it was beautiful and really spacious. the issues...The air conditioner was so noisy and because I wasn't in the room until later I wasn't aware of it until I went to bed. It actually woke me up a few times during the night. The shower temperature was also an Problem. It took about five full minutes for it to warm up and was very hard to adjust to a comfortable temperature afterwards. Lastly, the remote in the living room didn't work right. It wasn't the batteries because it turned on and off, but then I couldn't change the channel. These were all minor annoyances and only being there one night I didn't feel the need to complain, but they should be checked and addressed. Overall, I love hampton inns and will continue to stay at them. Oh and the airport shuttle was a nice perk!

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
We appreciate your kind words about the staff and the service you received during your stay with us. I am glad to hear that we were a perfect ending to your vacation. I also wanted to let you know that we addressed and corrected the maintenance issues and have used your comments to reinforce attention to detail. We look forward to another opportunity to serve you.
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

In fact, the hotel is in Doral, a nice city in Miami metropolitan region. If you are going to shop in Miami region, it is a very good choice do stay. It is very near to Dolphin Mall and there are practically all big retail brands at Doral and nearby.

The hotel is very clean and there is a very good and complete hot breakfast as part of the service with no additional fee. This is very rare in US. There is also a free of charge parking lot, what is great when you rent a car. Something really necessary in Miami region. It also provides free wi-fi.

The hotel team is excellent and are always helpful.

Before going to the hotel, I read TripAdvisor reviews about it and one recommendation I followed was to stay in a room on the highest floors. A few people complained about some noise in rooms on the lowest floors. I followed this advice and had no problem at all. However, I cannot say if other people on lower floors had problems during my stay.

If there is any complain to report, the air conditioner works fine but it is too dry. So, it is recommended to always have water to drink in the room.

Room Tip: I followed the advice of staying in a room on the highest floors because some reviewers told on Trip...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I am always very pleased with the quality of the service at this hotel. Not only is it conveniently located, but it is comfortable and relaxing especially for longer stays. Staff are very pleasant, courteous and friendly and that goes a long way to helping guests feel at home. The shuttle drivers are particularly accommodating, very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words.I will share your comments with my staff. Its always a pleasure to know that we are delivering exceptional service to our guests.
North Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stay at many Hampton Inns each year and this one was definitely below average. The good part was the comfortable, clean beds (yeah!), nice, hot breakfast each morning and warm cookies at night. However, as a Gold Member, my check-in experience took way too long (better and friendlier attendants worked at other times), the room was in need of renovations (caulk around the tub was about 50% gone; blind in living area only went up about 25% due to a knot as an attempt to repair the chain;coffee pot lid didn't fit right and fell in pot of coffee - ewe) and the housekeeping was below a typical Hampton experience (I was in a suite and there were crumbs on the table when I arrived, they removed my bathmat and didn't give me a new one, and they didn't empty my trash). Due to the Miami location I'm sure, it was one of the most expensive Hampton Inns as well. Overall the most important parts (clean bed) were fine, but because of the other issues I can only give this an "average" score.

Room Tip: Be careful of the rooms on the second floor near the balcony over the 1st floor common area. These r...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
JESTRADA3590, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
I'm so disappointed to hear about the service inconsistencies. Our staff works very hard to ensure all guests are taken care of but your comments let us know we certainly have room for improvement. Thanks for alerting us to your concerns. As a valuable guest and loyal rewards member, we hope you'll give us another opportunity to offer you more than just a comfortable, clean bed. We want to offer you our warm Hamptonality.

Kind regards,

Jenny R. Estrada
Willemstad, null, Netherlands Antilles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We had a great time staying in this hotel prior to our cruise vacation.As we did not rent a car we uswd the free shuttle service the hotel provided, allot, and this was great! Both the Mall in the area where great and we wanted to go to a wallmart in the area which the shuttle could not take us, but he hotel provided us with a taxi/shuttle who did. Great service great room........just a great experience and we will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall? Share your experiences!