“FIRST CLASS WITH GREAT STAFF.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
HHonors Weekend Special
Ranked #24 of 130 Hotels in Miami
Durham, United Kingdom
“FIRST CLASS WITH GREAT STAFF.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The service we recieved from this hotel was exceptional. The front desk staff certainly "went the extra mile" in welcoming us. Pamela was helpfull, informative and very, very friendly. the room, breakfast area and pool were all exceptionally clean.There was a shuttle available, had we needed it, and a resteraunt next door.
We would certainly stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Recently stayed at Hampton's Inn and Suites Doral/Dolphin Mall......I stayed for 5 night 6 days. The purpose of my trip was mainly for shopping so this hotel is actually ideal for person's like me. Firstly we had prompt pick up at the airport and complimentary rides to two of the major malls close to the inn which obviously was a great plus. The agents at the front desk even arranged taxis for you if you need to get to a place out of their shuttle jurisdiction. In particular I would like to commend one agent, SHAZAD, who was very friendly and went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure we were comfortable and all our expectations were met. He displayed immense professionalism. Overall, very nice accommodations, very clean, good complimentary breakfast every morning. Will definitely be returning to stay at Hampton's Inn for my yearly shopping trips.

Room Tip: Had a room directly off of the lobby area...thought i would have an issue with traffic noise and dis...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Macomb, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

after checking into room went to leave for dinner. door handle came off in my hand. told on duty clerk could care less. shower facuet leaked all night. worst experence ever at a hampton, usually service is excellent but not this time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
JESTRADA3590, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear lee b,

I appreciate your feedback. While I regret to hear you did not have a satisfying stay, your comments will help us to ensure we're doing all we can to improve our services and amenities.

We do our best to offer warm surroundings and a friendly and accommodating service culture. We've expressed your concerns with our staff regarding the maintenance issues and can assure you it's being addressed and am truly sorry for the inconvenience.

We want you to feel like home from the moment you walk through our doors and we hope we'll have another opportunity, should you return to Miami. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Warm regards,

Jenny R. Estrada
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel a few days before our cruise, not the closest hotel from the airport or cruise terminal but we got a great deal on Travelocity. Never had a bad experience at any Hampton including this one, great comfortable room and excellent staff, especially the front desk. Hotel offers shuttle to and from airport and also has a shuttle to cruise port ( but you must book this with hotel, $12.00 per person to port). Also offers shuttle to/from the Dolphin Mall, which has some great shopping/deals. Restaurants within walking distance. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

This is an older Hampton Inn with lots of fresh paint and updated decor. Service was great! Overall room and cleanliness were ok. My bed was firmer than most HIs I stay in so if you like a firm mattress you'll sleep well here. Since it is older there was a bit of road noise at night and slightly musty smell from ac unit at times. Breakfast had many options to choose from. Strangest "eggs" I've ever seen, looked more like egg nuggets.

Not my favorite HI but better than most places I've stayed in the MIA area. Close to airport, but not too close for hearing landings/takeoffs, and our meeting location. Safe neighborhood, even for female traveling alone. Make sure you eat at nearby Il Forno (Italian food) as it was amazing!! Front desk suggested.

• Stayed February 2013
Up north
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights following a flight from the UK, before catching a cruise.
We got a taxi from the airport [cost was $30] as you need to ring the hotel to arrange transport.
Hotel reception was excellent - a very helpful gentleman.
The room was a good size, the bed comfortable and the breakfast normal Hilton fare.
We used the hotel transport to and from the local mall and then to the airport
All in all, a good value comfortable hotel, providing you arrange transport to and from the hotel with them.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My visit to this hotel got off to a tough start. We waited at the airport for 40 min and then finally called the hotel. They said they would come for us in 20 min however we had a meeting so we caught a taxi to the meeting. There should be somewhere on the website that says this. Please learn from our oversight. I even had called the hotel before hand and someone told me they run to the airport every hour. I didn't complain when I arrived however I did mention this to the agent when I called looking for the shuttle. When I arrived in my room later that night there was an apology personalized note with a $25 voucher. Now that is customer service. We stayed for one night to do some shopping. The hotel is close to Dolphin Mall and Miami International Mall they have shuttle however the schedule isn't every hour check this out before you go in case you have specific plans. Once again you have to call for pickup from the malls. We live outside the US and had to use our cell phone which will mean high roaming charges. The rooms were very spacious and looked newly remodeled. The hotel is walking distance to several fast food restaurants Burger King, Subway etc. There is even a pharmacy all in walking distance. Breakfast was good the next day there was a good variety of food. The shuttle first departure I believe is 7am. I would stay here again. Now that I know what to expect. The staff were friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall? Share your experiences!