“Hampton Hospitality” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 131 hotels in Miami
Canada
“Hampton Hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel a few days before our cruise, not the closest hotel from the airport or cruise terminal but we got a great deal on Travelocity. Never had a bad experience at any Hampton including this one, great comfortable room and excellent staff, especially the front desk. Hotel offers shuttle to and from airport and also has a shuttle to cruise port ( but you must book this with hotel, $12.00 per person to port). Also offers shuttle to/from the Dolphin Mall, which has some great shopping/deals. Restaurants within walking distance. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

359 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

This is an older Hampton Inn with lots of fresh paint and updated decor. Service was great! Overall room and cleanliness were ok. My bed was firmer than most HIs I stay in so if you like a firm mattress you'll sleep well here. Since it is older there was a bit of road noise at night and slightly musty smell from ac unit at times. Breakfast had many options to choose from. Strangest "eggs" I've ever seen, looked more like egg nuggets.

Not my favorite HI but better than most places I've stayed in the MIA area. Close to airport, but not too close for hearing landings/takeoffs, and our meeting location. Safe neighborhood, even for female traveling alone. Make sure you eat at nearby Il Forno (Italian food) as it was amazing!! Front desk suggested.

• Stayed February 2013
Up north
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights following a flight from the UK, before catching a cruise.
We got a taxi from the airport [cost was $30] as you need to ring the hotel to arrange transport.
Hotel reception was excellent - a very helpful gentleman.
The room was a good size, the bed comfortable and the breakfast normal Hilton fare.
We used the hotel transport to and from the local mall and then to the airport
All in all, a good value comfortable hotel, providing you arrange transport to and from the hotel with them.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My visit to this hotel got off to a tough start. We waited at the airport for 40 min and then finally called the hotel. They said they would come for us in 20 min however we had a meeting so we caught a taxi to the meeting. There should be somewhere on the website that says this. Please learn from our oversight. I even had called the hotel before hand and someone told me they run to the airport every hour. I didn't complain when I arrived however I did mention this to the agent when I called looking for the shuttle. When I arrived in my room later that night there was an apology personalized note with a $25 voucher. Now that is customer service. We stayed for one night to do some shopping. The hotel is close to Dolphin Mall and Miami International Mall they have shuttle however the schedule isn't every hour check this out before you go in case you have specific plans. Once again you have to call for pickup from the malls. We live outside the US and had to use our cell phone which will mean high roaming charges. The rooms were very spacious and looked newly remodeled. The hotel is walking distance to several fast food restaurants Burger King, Subway etc. There is even a pharmacy all in walking distance. Breakfast was good the next day there was a good variety of food. The shuttle first departure I believe is 7am. I would stay here again. Now that I know what to expect. The staff were friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
George Town, Grand Cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Would definitely stay here again.. we came to purely shop so the shuttle to both the International and Dolphin Malls was a blessing. Great staff comfy beds clean rooms.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Prior Lake, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed one night, prior to a cruise. The Property is located out of the downtown area, but in a nice area. There was a lot of options for dining, and shopping for pre-cruise items. The Property was clean and the staff very welcoming. We took the airport shuttle, which arrived promplty after contacting the front desk and informing them of our arrival. I believe it runs hourly and we waited about a half hour. We also took the shuttle back to the airport the next day and took a fixed rate cab to the port, for $25.00. Not sure of the cost from the hotel for a cab, but my guess is more then the $25.00 I would stay here again, the shuttle hot breakfast, many pluses and we got the hotel for a great rate.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Arrived only to realize I made my reservation for the wrong date! A week later. Super nice front desk personnel told me he was so sorry but they were booked for tonight. I asked him what other Hilton properties were close. Hallelujah someone cancelled while standing there so I got a room. Front desk people are helpful and it is appreciated. Rooms are typical Hampton Inn. No frills but clean and adequate. Thanks for turning my mistake into a no hassel event.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall? Share your experiences!