“Great service...the staff are great here...#1 tip if you want to use the airport shuttle call when you arrive” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall

HHonors Weekend Special
Ranked #21 of 130 hotels in Miami
Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My visit to this hotel got off to a tough start. We waited at the airport for 40 min and then finally called the hotel. They said they would come for us in 20 min however we had a meeting so we caught a taxi to the meeting. There should be somewhere on the website that says this. Please learn from our oversight. I even had called the hotel before hand and someone told me they run to the airport every hour. I didn't complain when I arrived however I did mention this to the agent when I called looking for the shuttle. When I arrived in my room later that night there was an apology personalized note with a $25 voucher. Now that is customer service. We stayed for one night to do some shopping. The hotel is close to Dolphin Mall and Miami International Mall they have shuttle however the schedule isn't every hour check this out before you go in case you have specific plans. Once again you have to call for pickup from the malls. We live outside the US and had to use our cell phone which will mean high roaming charges. The rooms were very spacious and looked newly remodeled. The hotel is walking distance to several fast food restaurants Burger King, Subway etc. There is even a pharmacy all in walking distance. Breakfast was good the next day there was a good variety of food. The shuttle first departure I believe is 7am. I would stay here again. Now that I know what to expect. The staff were friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

399 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
George Town, Grand Cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Would definitely stay here again.. we came to purely shop so the shuttle to both the International and Dolphin Malls was a blessing. Great staff comfy beds clean rooms.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Prior Lake, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed one night, prior to a cruise. The Property is located out of the downtown area, but in a nice area. There was a lot of options for dining, and shopping for pre-cruise items. The Property was clean and the staff very welcoming. We took the airport shuttle, which arrived promplty after contacting the front desk and informing them of our arrival. I believe it runs hourly and we waited about a half hour. We also took the shuttle back to the airport the next day and took a fixed rate cab to the port, for $25.00. Not sure of the cost from the hotel for a cab, but my guess is more then the $25.00 I would stay here again, the shuttle hot breakfast, many pluses and we got the hotel for a great rate.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Arrived only to realize I made my reservation for the wrong date! A week later. Super nice front desk personnel told me he was so sorry but they were booked for tonight. I asked him what other Hilton properties were close. Hallelujah someone cancelled while standing there so I got a room. Front desk people are helpful and it is appreciated. Rooms are typical Hampton Inn. No frills but clean and adequate. Thanks for turning my mistake into a no hassel event.

• Stayed January 2013
Belem, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Since it was a transit hotel my hopes were very low. The crew team received us with a smile and they did everything to make us fell comfortable. The lack of amenities was compensated by the excellent service. Parking was also free. It is only 15 minutes from the airport. I recommend for people that don´t have time for hotel amenities but demand a good bed and quality service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Manager Rodney Bennett greeted us upon arrival and remembered us from months ago. The service was fantastic and I wound highly rccomend this hotel to anyone in the area.

The hotel is located near the turnpike Extention and can easily be a route to anywhere in Miami

The hotel was clean and near places to eat.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed at this hotel the night before our cruise. It's an excellent place to stay pre cruise as there are two large malls nearby that the hotel provides transportation to. Also, there are many restaurants, hair and nail salon, pharmacy right next to the hotel. The shuttle driver is super helpful and happy to provide the service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Rodney B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review about our property, we greatly appreciate your feedback. We pride ourselves in our friendly service, clean rooms, and comfortable surroundings, every time. That is part of our Hampton Guarantee to every guest. We hope to see you again in the future if you are in need of any comfortable and friendly lodging.

Best Regards,

Rodney Bennett
Guest Services Manager
Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall? Share your experiences!