“Not the usual Hampton experience” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
HHonors Weekend Special
Ranked #23 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Tallahassee, Florida
“Not the usual Hampton experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Not a bad hotel but not the usual level that I expect from a Hampton Inn.
Free breakfast was just below what you expect. Still decent but less variety for warm selections.
Housekeeping was spotty. One day service came late in the afternoon. Often there was something missing or overlooked
Cockroach in the bathroom the final morning.
AC seemed to barely keep up until the final day when it looks like they replaced the unit.
Good Wifi coverage

• Stayed September 2012
JESTRADA3590, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Chad T

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. We will work with our housekeeping staff to ensure that our rooms are up to the level of cleanliness that our guests expect. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Again I apologize for your inconveniences and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Regards
Jenny R. Estrada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I loved staying at this Hampton Inn. There is a much appreciated free shuttle to malls and airport. However, it is a bit of a wait and would suggest at least one more shuttle and include walmart. I stayed from Sep 6 - Sep 11 and enjoyed it very much. From the moment we arrived which was before check in and was able to get our room. The room (1 bedroom suite) was very comfortable, clean and spacious. I enjoyed the hot chocolate and tea that was available all day as well. Miguel was excellent and very helpful.
I think that when checking in the front desk should let the guests know that there is a plaza (Doral Shops) right next door where you can purchase cheaper and better tasting food than the flyers that are placed under the door. There is subway, burger king, mc donalds, denny's, mediterranean restaurant, peruvian restaurant, a cafe and lounge as well as a discount pharmacy all right next door!
Service at the Hampton was top notch and i recommend it as the perfect hotel to stay especially when your trip is primarily for shopping. Special mention to Marcela, Miguel & Rodney.

Will be back soon!

Ella B.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Rodney B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Friend and Valued Guest,

Hello there from Miami!!!! Hope you are having a great afternoon. Thank you for filling out this review, your time and feedback is of the utmost importants to us. I am pleased to see that you got to enjoy using the Complimentary Airport Shuttle to and from the airport and local malls. Thank you for the suggestion about check in, I totally agree with your suggestion and I will be informing the Guest Services Agents and Shuttle Drivers to speak more about the Doral Shoppes plaza. They do have EXCELLENT restaurants there and all of our guest should know. I greatly appreciate your recognition for myself, Marcela, and Miguel. They are both definitely leaders on our team and I will commend them for your comments. As I tell every guest, it's comments like these that keep them going and keeps them happy to provide the level of service that we strive for. Our location is perfectly situated for those who love to shop for we are right off the turnpike and we can get to both Dolphin Mall and International Mall in a flash! Again, thank you for the time taken to do this review and your wonderful comments. We will see you again on your next shopping trip in Miami.

Hampton Inn and Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall
Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Okay, so first time in Miami for my family and I, August 6 to 10th, 2012. This hotel made the experience very memorable and comfortable. Shazad at front desk was a gem, very helpful, courteous and knowledgable about getting around - he's a keeper!! OMG the beds were like clouds, what's the brand, I need to get one! This made a long day of shopping and tired feet worth coming back to. The room was clean and spacious, kudos to cleaning staff. The Ice machine on our floor was convenient too, but the vending machine needs to be fixed. The breakfast variety was good every day, my daughter loved the waffle maker. The bar area was very relaxing near the pool. There is a gym if needed, but my exercise went to shopping all day.

The free shuttle service to and from the airport and nearby Dolphin Mall and International Mall was VERY much appreciated, but there is a bit of a wait for pick up - people, please look out for the blue/green shuttle. I recommend more drivers and vans for this, and extending this service to WalMart and Target for serious shoppers, with a specified time for pickup - we end up there anyway!! This is a service that needs to stay, it was a decider for me choosing this hotel. Rodney, thanks for being so understanding- Rm 606 from Trinidad.

IMPORTANTE: Tourists, especially from the Caribbean, activate Roaming or purchase a cheap Phone to call for pick up at the airport and the malls. HINT! - You can call for pick up at the information desk in the mall if you don't have service or a phone, they are very willing.

Overall, Hampton/Doral made this an awesome experience, will definitely be back again, and I already recommended to some friends who will be booking soon!

Ms. Estrada, great staff - Shazad, Rodney - very accommodating - good job!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Good afternoon, I hope thing are going great for you since your departure from the hotel. Thank you for the time you have taken to complete this review, I was very excited to read it. Shazad is a great Guest Services Agent and I will gladly commend him due to your comments. Its comments like these that keep our staff going and providing the excellent service that we strive for and that we are glad to deliver. I am extremely glad that you like the bed; I agree that the Hampton brand and Hilton Worldwide always chooses the best beds for our hotels. Our bed is called the Hampton Bed by Serta. You can also go to Hampton.com or Hiltonworldwide.com to purchase the bedding items. Take some of Hampton home with you :-) I am overjoyed to see that you like all of our amenities and the many things we offer. Again, thank you for the review. I look forward to seeing you again on you next trip to Miami.

Hampton Inn and Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall
Port of Spain, Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I had to overnight in Miami on September 1 as I missed my connecting flight home.
Had been travelling from Peru as early as 6.00a.m, arrived in Miami at 5.10p.m. and just could not make the connecting 7.10p.m. flight home (different airline/councourse).
The agent at the rebooking counter was very helpful, calling all my preferred hotels, but to no avail, this long weekend, the only available room was at the Hampton Inn.
The shuttle came after I called enquiring time of arrival, the driver, Miguel was welcoming and informative, a good start.
Upon arrival at hotel, we realized that the agent had made my reservation at another Hampton Inn (although the address, telephone contact was for where I was!), Rodney called other Hampton Inns and did locate my reservation elsewhere. At this time (8.22p.m.) I did not want to go elsewhere - Rodney searched for a non smoking room and I decided to stay at this Hampton Inn.
The room was very clean, also bathroom and bed very comfortable.
What was truly impressive was the caring attitude and swift service of Rodney and Miguel.
Did not have time for the mall or restaurants etc. had a great night sleep, woke up refreshed, ready for another early start.
Thank you Rodney.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Rodney B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for the time you have taken to complete this review, the feedback you provide is greatly appreciated. I'm am glad to see that we turned your trip around for the better and that you were able to get a good nights sleep. We hope to provide you with our great service again in the future so if you will be in need of lodging, you know who to call, we will be more than glad to assist you. Again, that you very much for the kind review. I will be sure that Miguel also gets a copy.

Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall
Kingston, Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

The hotel is as advertised close to both Dolphin and Miami International Malls and does provide a shuttle service to both. Bear in mind if you are not from the USA, you need to either enable roaming on your phone or get a cheap handset while there, as you will need to call the hotel to pick you up either at the malls or the airport. Also, since there is only one shuttle call in advance so that they can make the necessary scheduling to accomodate all guests.

The breakfast was great with different options daily, my family and I enjoyed it immensely. Especially with the offerings of fresh fruits, with apples being available all day for guests along with the coffee station.

While my stay didn't start out perfect (long wait at the airport for the shuttle), the staff did their best to make up for that. The staff is very approachable and accomodating, I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and associates.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Rodney B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

The Hampton Brand takes much pride in the fact that we provide top notch Value for a focus service hotel. Reviews like these are what helps us maintain our promise to you; clean and comfortable rooms and friendly service at a great value. I am overjoyed to see that you liked our hotel shuttle service and our Complimentary On The House Breakfast buffet and there is always coffee and fruit 24/7. Sometimes our distance from the airport takes us a little longer to get to the airport in comparison to the hotels that are closer and I apologize for your wait. I am glad to see that the drivers and the front desk were able to remedy this for you. Again, thank you for the time taken to complete this review and we look forward to seeing you and your associates in the future.

Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Doral-Dolphin Mall
Caracas, Venezuela
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I picked this hotel for business purposes. In my opinion let me tell the goods and the bads of staying with them:
The Goods.
1. Very close to the I-95 and the airport.
2. Very close to Dolphin mall.
3. Located in an area surrounded by good restaurants. I personally recommend: Joe's sushi and Parrilleros.
4. Very quiet location.
5. Clean rooms.
6. Comfortable beds.
7. Excellent prices per room.
8. Free shuttle to the mall or the airport.

The bads:
1. Their Breakfast does not offer good taste orange juice nor apple juice.
2. Room's Bathroom was very old.
3. Some Air conditioner units does not work properly.
4. Annoying advertisement flyers day after day.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the elevators.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

The time you have taken to fill out this review is greatly appreciated. Then you for staying with us and we are glad that you like so many things about our hotel. Being right off the Turnpike gives our guest efficient access to Dolphin Mall and the Miami International Airport. I for sure agree with you that Joe's Sushi and Parrilleros are great local restaurants. We pride ourselves in our clean comfortable rooms and our friendly service so I am glad to see that you noticed that. Our free airport shuttle is always a great amenity. I really do take these reviews seriously. On your next visit to the hotel you will notice a brand new Orange Juice and Apple Juice Machine. The fliers under the door is still a task that we are trying to tackle, the issue is soon to be eliminated. Again, thank you for the time you have taken to complete this review and we look forward to seeing you again during your next trip to Miami.

Hampton Inn and Suites Miami/Doral-Dolphin Mall
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Miami-Doral for a night prior to flying home. We were welcomed back as Hilton Honors members (the first time that has ever happened in all the times we stay at Hampton Inns). The hotel is close to I-95, about 20 minutes from the airport, and about 15 minutes from the Dolphin Mall and International Mall. The rooms are spacious, well-appointed, and clean. Breakfast is typical Hampton fare. We would recommend staying here if you are in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Rodney B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Valued Guest and Loyal Hilton Honors Member,

Thank you very much for your review about our property, we greatly appreciate your feedback. We pride ourselves in our friendly service, clean rooms, and comfortable surroundings, every time. I will gladly forward your comments to the . We hope to see you again in the future if you are in need of any comfortable and friendly lodging.

Rodney Bennett
Hampton Inn and Suites Miami/Doral-Dolphin Mall

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall? Share your experiences!