“Free shuttle to Malls” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 129 hotels in Miami
caribbean
“Free shuttle to Malls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Spent 6 days here and was happy with everything from start to finish. I am from the Caribbean and found there were other Caribbean clientle there as we come especially for the shopping - so the shuttle to and from Dolphin Mall & Intenational Mall was a GREAT tool!! Would like to echo the sentiments of other caribbean folk that management ought to think of adding a Walmart shuttle service to the route as ultimately, everyone wants to go there!!! This would boost clientle from my region i am sure.

The rooms were always clean, the Hotel itself seems to be well taken care of and the lady(particualrly the dark haired one) at breakfast was sooo very pleasant every single time and worked hard to keep everyone chirpy and well serviced during the breakfast period..so please, kuddos to her!

Finally I want to especially relay my regards to front desk personnel for being super efficient and helpful ...always! Marcela was a gem to deal with from the day i entered the hotel to the moment i left. Shazad has stolen the show tho..he is ever so plesant and totally made our front desk experience an easy & comfortable one. His knowledge of surroundings & tips are good for tourist!!! Management, pls, if you are reading this, know this: He is a Keeper! Thanks to his efforts - our first stay at your Hotel will be many to come.

Keep it up Hamptons!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Rodney B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for the time you have taken to do this review, we always appreciate the feedback of all of our guest. We are glad to see that you like the shuttle service to and from the Malls. Unfortunately due to overall convenience for a large percent of our airport guest in the past, we had to eliminate Wal Mart from our list of stops but it is something I will look into reconsidering pending review of senior management. We pride ourselves in keeping our rooms clean and comfortable. I will definitely forward your comments to the Executive Housekeeper. Comments like yours is what keeps the housekeepers motivated to gladly maintain our standard of cleanliness and comfort for every guest, every time. Maria, is an amazing Breakfast Host. He cheerful attitude is very contagious and we all value that. I will forward your comments to her. I am very pleased to see that you liked the friendly service of our front desk team. Marcela and Shazad are definitely great agents. I will also forward these comments to the front desk team. As stated before, I appreciate the time taken to do this review and your feedback means a lot. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Miami. Contact me personally in regards to Wal Mart and we will set up something for you.

Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Doral-Dolphin Mall

409 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

This was such an awesome find. The service was excellent and the staff very friendly. I loved the full breakfast and the cozy family style setting of the breakfast area. I had a suite because I like to spread out and it too was quite cozy. Free shuttle service to and from dolphin mall and miami international mall as well as free shuttle to the airport starting at 6 am. This was truly an awesome experience and my new go to hotel when I am going shopping. Yay yay yay!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012
, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, July 14, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Yah, Yah, Yah!!!!!!! This is definitely the reaction we try to aim for and we are glad you were happy. Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback of every guest. We are glad to see that you liked our hotel amenities. With our location being near both Dolphin and International Malls, our property is ideally located for shopping needs and we are thrilled to see that you had fun on your trip. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again on your next shopping trip to Miami.

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Good place to stay for business, close to restaurants and the Dolphin Mall.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the time you have taken to fill out this review. We are glad to see you enjoyed your business trip hear and you time shopping. Our goal is to consistently please every guest. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Miami.

Mexico City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We chose the hotel basically because we have a "no surprises" policy for our annual family vacations and there are no surprises with Hampton. Good location close to airport so allowed us a quick smooth arrival and departure. Shuttles on the hour 24 hours a day which is great. Even though we rented a car (you are far from downtown and need a car to move around), all our flights home were different so we used the shuttle). Hotel rooms clean and breakfast is available from six to ten and is free. Nice thing is that they allow you to use the breakfast area and microwave all evening so you can hang out as a family there as well. Pool a bit small and we didn't use it. All in all the staff makes it a nice experience. Couple of other things: for coffee "snobs" like me the coffee was always bad. They have smoking rooms if you need them. Most hotels don't advertise that anymore. Also air conditioners are very noisy and kick in at random hours in the night. Finally, if you are eco-friendly these hotels use plastic, paper and Styrofoam a lot, which can be upsetting.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

It’s pleasing to see that you have chosen our hotel for your family vacation and we are glad you enjoyed your time here without any surprises. I'm glad to see that you were happy with the hotel amenities such as our free On the House Breakfast, Complimentary Airport Shuttle Service, and the hotel cleanliness. I'm also glad to see that you like the eco-friendly cups (as you have in your photo) and the rest of our eco-friendly materials. Thank you for the time you have taken to fill out this review. Because of reviews like this we are able to target any changes we must make to our operations. I will forward this review to the rest of my team so that we can review any necessary changes that must be made. We hope to see you again on your next vacation to Miami.

Rodney G. Bennett
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

This is a standard Hampton Inn so you know what you get. No surprises there. They all look the same (by design). But I had a really great stay thanks to the great service from Vanessa at the front desk and the super comfy bed. I mean really super comfy. Everything else was fine...internet worked just fine, amenities were standard.

I would definately go back - great value.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the time you have taken to complete this review. Vanessa is an excellent Guest Services Agent and I will forward you compliments to her. I am pleased to see that you were happy with our service. I must agree that the Hampton Cloud 9 Bed is one of the most comfy in the industry. Next time you are in Miami we will be glad to assist with your lodging needs again.

Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites again this year over the memorial day weekend! I had enjoyed my stay last year and the location to the malls and other activities was a big plus. This year I generally commend the staff at the hotel, especially the front desk staff - Shazad, Rodney and the young lady who was there when i checked in as well as the MOD on duty on May 25. The shuttle drivers were also accommodating and friendly - Pastor, Miguel, Manuel.

One disappointment was that the voicemail in my room didnt work at all. I asked for the instructions and though i tried dialing the number given, there were no prompts to allow me to go further and there were messages left almost everyday which i couldnt retrieve for my entire stay. One suggestion would be to place the instructions for the voicemail near the phones to assist guests and also to have this looked into once the guest has notified that there was an issue.

Also a speedier elevator would also be a plus!

Other than that I intend to stay at this property in the future!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for the time you have taken to fill out this review. I am glad to see that we please you everytime that you stay with us. I am glad to see that our staff has provided you satisfactory service, I will forward this review to the Front Desk and Shuttle team. I agree with your suggestion for aquiring ones voicemail from the guest rooms. Because of reviews like this, it gives us better ideas on how to please our guest and your suggestion is something I will consider. Again, thank you for filling out this review and can't wait to see you on your next visit to Miami.

Your Friend in Miami,

Hampton Inn & Suites Miam-Doral/Dolphin Mall
Orlando, Fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights in King Suite 5th fl. Hotel is very popular so im surprised the A/C issue was not resolved sooner. The suite has separate living room w flat screen TV, desk, sofa slpr,full size fridge, microwv,toaster, table and counter burners and plates. Clean. Beautiful decor. New. A/C in lvng room not cooling. Rodney the GM had maintenance & chief engineer come 3 times. In the hallways outside rooms it was very hot. The breakfast was good. Hotel has pool, laundry facilities. McD's, BK, Dennys, Dunkin Donuts on same street. Mall 6 minutes away is amazing. I am returning to area but cant say I would return to this hotel. Hampton has a 100% satisfaction guarantee but we were not. By the way staff is professional courteous and friendly. So this is nothing against them. My travel advise is to call first and ask Rodney if A/C in hotel hallways and rooms are 100% comfortable.

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall? Share your experiences!