“Close to everything” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Tampa, Florida
“Close to everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Good place to stay for business, close to restaurants and the Dolphin Mall.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, July 14, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the time you have taken to fill out this review. We are glad to see you enjoyed your business trip hear and you time shopping. Our goal is to consistently please every guest. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Miami.

Hampton Inn and Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Mexico City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We chose the hotel basically because we have a "no surprises" policy for our annual family vacations and there are no surprises with Hampton. Good location close to airport so allowed us a quick smooth arrival and departure. Shuttles on the hour 24 hours a day which is great. Even though we rented a car (you are far from downtown and need a car to move around), all our flights home were different so we used the shuttle). Hotel rooms clean and breakfast is available from six to ten and is free. Nice thing is that they allow you to use the breakfast area and microwave all evening so you can hang out as a family there as well. Pool a bit small and we didn't use it. All in all the staff makes it a nice experience. Couple of other things: for coffee "snobs" like me the coffee was always bad. They have smoking rooms if you need them. Most hotels don't advertise that anymore. Also air conditioners are very noisy and kick in at random hours in the night. Finally, if you are eco-friendly these hotels use plastic, paper and Styrofoam a lot, which can be upsetting.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

It’s pleasing to see that you have chosen our hotel for your family vacation and we are glad you enjoyed your time here without any surprises. I'm glad to see that you were happy with the hotel amenities such as our free On the House Breakfast, Complimentary Airport Shuttle Service, and the hotel cleanliness. I'm also glad to see that you like the eco-friendly cups (as you have in your photo) and the rest of our eco-friendly materials. Thank you for the time you have taken to fill out this review. Because of reviews like this we are able to target any changes we must make to our operations. I will forward this review to the rest of my team so that we can review any necessary changes that must be made. We hope to see you again on your next vacation to Miami.

Rodney G. Bennett
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

This is a standard Hampton Inn so you know what you get. No surprises there. They all look the same (by design). But I had a really great stay thanks to the great service from Vanessa at the front desk and the super comfy bed. I mean really super comfy. Everything else was fine...internet worked just fine, amenities were standard.

I would definately go back - great value.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the time you have taken to complete this review. Vanessa is an excellent Guest Services Agent and I will forward you compliments to her. I am pleased to see that you were happy with our service. I must agree that the Hampton Cloud 9 Bed is one of the most comfy in the industry. Next time you are in Miami we will be glad to assist with your lodging needs again.

Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites again this year over the memorial day weekend! I had enjoyed my stay last year and the location to the malls and other activities was a big plus. This year I generally commend the staff at the hotel, especially the front desk staff - Shazad, Rodney and the young lady who was there when i checked in as well as the MOD on duty on May 25. The shuttle drivers were also accommodating and friendly - Pastor, Miguel, Manuel.

One disappointment was that the voicemail in my room didnt work at all. I asked for the instructions and though i tried dialing the number given, there were no prompts to allow me to go further and there were messages left almost everyday which i couldnt retrieve for my entire stay. One suggestion would be to place the instructions for the voicemail near the phones to assist guests and also to have this looked into once the guest has notified that there was an issue.

Also a speedier elevator would also be a plus!

Other than that I intend to stay at this property in the future!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for the time you have taken to fill out this review. I am glad to see that we please you everytime that you stay with us. I am glad to see that our staff has provided you satisfactory service, I will forward this review to the Front Desk and Shuttle team. I agree with your suggestion for aquiring ones voicemail from the guest rooms. Because of reviews like this, it gives us better ideas on how to please our guest and your suggestion is something I will consider. Again, thank you for filling out this review and can't wait to see you on your next visit to Miami.

Your Friend in Miami,

Hampton Inn & Suites Miam-Doral/Dolphin Mall
Orlando, Fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights in King Suite 5th fl. Hotel is very popular so im surprised the A/C issue was not resolved sooner. The suite has separate living room w flat screen TV, desk, sofa slpr,full size fridge, microwv,toaster, table and counter burners and plates. Clean. Beautiful decor. New. A/C in lvng room not cooling. Rodney the GM had maintenance & chief engineer come 3 times. In the hallways outside rooms it was very hot. The breakfast was good. Hotel has pool, laundry facilities. McD's, BK, Dennys, Dunkin Donuts on same street. Mall 6 minutes away is amazing. I am returning to area but cant say I would return to this hotel. Hampton has a 100% satisfaction guarantee but we were not. By the way staff is professional courteous and friendly. So this is nothing against them. My travel advise is to call first and ask Rodney if A/C in hotel hallways and rooms are 100% comfortable.

• Stayed May 2012
Grand Cayman
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We've stayed at this hotel a number of times while shopping at Dolphin Mall. It is very convenient if that is what you want to do - and we would continue to stay here.

This time, although the staff were as friendly and professional as ever, we were a little disappointed. The suite we booked was not completely clean (especially the carpet) and just generally had a dated feel to it. The door between our bedroom and living area appeared to have an old lock on it and somehow managed to lock my partner in the bedroom. Despite the maintenance staff quickly freeing her, they did this by picking the lock rather than fixing it! The breakfast was a little disappointing this time too, with food items running out and not being replaced.

On the positive front, there was free internet in the room which was great. The room was spacious and what we needed for our trip. The staff are great and the transport too and from the airport/mall is an excellent touch.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Rodney B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and filling out his review. We appreciate the feedback that you provide and it has brought light to this situation for me. We dearly apologize for the lock in your suite being dysfunctional. This issue has been forwarded to our General Manager and our Chief Engineer so that this doesn't happen again and so that these types of situations are handled differently. I also must apologize for the speed and efficiently of the replenishment of the breakfast items. I will be reviewing this with my MOD and Breakfast staff. If any other issues arise during your future stays please feel free to personally contact me or anyone on the senior management staff. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Guest Service Manager
Hampton Inn and Suites - Miami/Dolphin Mall
Bountiful, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Great hotel. Great value! Only thing annoying was the in room a/c. It was the kind that is up against the wall. It was very loud and that made sleeping a little hard. i like that the clock in the room was VERY easy to set and the bed and bedding were fantastic. The employees were VERY helpful and friendly as well.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
I am extremely excited to see that you enjoyed your stay here with us. Thank you for the time that you have taken to fill out this review, we always appreciate the feedback of all of our guest. As a light sleeper I understand how important it is to have a quiet room while you sleep. Thank you for informing us of the A/C in the room, we will forward this to our Engineering department to address this issue. I agree that the clocks at Hampton are awesome. They are very modern and easy to use. Our Hampton Bed with Cloud Nine bedding is the most comfortable in the industry, glad that you enjoyed. We strive to live by our %100 Satisfaction Guarantee which promises a friendly staff. Hope to see you again on you next trip to Miami.

Your Friend in Miami,

Hampton Inn and Suites Miami/Doral- Dolphin Mall

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall? Share your experiences!