“Great location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
“Great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I am just finishing a one-month stay on business. This was a great location--right next to the Turnpike and away from hectic downtown or aiport, but still close. About 20 min. drive to downtown or airport (traffic permitting).
Hotel is clean, quiet, comfortable room and great staff.
A big shout-out to the sales manager, Sara Bravo, for giving me and a colleague each a mini-suite room at the government rate. It was great to have a kitchen/living area, especially for such a long stay.
I will definitely stay here again on my next business trip to Miami.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Rodney B, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, October 2, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you a lot for the review, we greatly appreciate your feedback. With our location being right off the exit of the Turnpike, it makes it easy for our guests' to access the many parts of Miami quite efficiently. With our recent renovations we are glad that you like the new look of the Guest Rooms/Suites. It is part of our Guarantee to every guest to have friendly service, clean rooms, and comfortable surroundings, every time. I have gladly informed Sara of your compliments. We look forward to seeing you again on your next business trip to Miami.

Rodney Bennett
Night Manager
Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We just came back from a wonderful family vacation in Florida and we stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites on our first night in Miami. It was a 20 minute drive from the airport. The room and bathroom were very clean and there was an excellent breakfast in the morning. The pool and the workout area were good too. Overall we were very happy and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Miami.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

We just booked 1 night for our visit to Everglades next day. Room was very clean, swimming pool is shallow, good for young kids. There's a small business center with free wifi. Complementary continental breakfast is fresh and ample. Though the location is a bit far comparing to downtown, but it's just off the highway and has big mall/stores on main intersections. Very good value if you are looking for some budget hotel in south miami area.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Grand Cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

The staff at this hotel are first class. Friendly, professional and welcoming. The rooms are nice for a short stay (clean, comfortable, spacious etc) and the hotel is located close to the Dolphin Shopping Mall. It provides free internet, free buffet breakfast and free transport to anywhere within a 5 mile radius of the hotel (including the airport, the mall and anywhere else you need to go!). I am generally not a fan of the Hilton chain of hotels, but I must say that I do like the Hampton. It is a comfortable, clean, and very customer friendly hotel (i.e. doesn't charge you for the most basic of things you need when you are travelling - unlike many more 'exclusive' hotels). Very well done the Hampton, and we will always stay here whenever we go shopping in Miami.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011 via mobile

I just came back from my 12 days vacation. I went to the Bahamas for 6 days then 6 days at the Hampton Inn Doral in Miami from June 29th to July 4th.

This is my first stay at this hotel and would sure love to return.

On arrival at the front desk the reception attendant was quite friendly and pleasant.... I stayed in room 215, I was quite impressed by the room and the layout etc....very clean and new, the best of all the bed was perfect, not too hard or soft, pillows great too and very soft blankets and towel.....that I really appreciated

If I have to say anything that was not so great was the breakfast, for those who eat eggs and waffles and love that stuff they would love the breakfast, I went with the variety of cereals and fruits.

Love the shuttle service. It is a great convenience and is always on time.

The area where the hotel is located was quite nice and peaceful, you have subway and other eateries and pharmacy walking distance from the hotel.

Overall I love the hotel, would definitely return.

Cory
Trinidad

• Stayed June 2011
Lafayette, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

I've stayed here on several different trips down to the Keys and the access to this hotel is excellent. The service was a bit slow but eventually they were very helpful when I told them that the first room they gave me had a noisy air conditioner. I had a very nice room - comfy and quiet. Never heard any noise from the Turnpike or from the airplaines flying over. Parking lot was a bit dark.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

I chose this hotel as i was travelling alone and wanted to be close to good shopping locations. Shuttle service was great and drivers were very accommodating and friendly especially Carlos. On check-in, the front desk agent Vicki was very friendly and welcoming and so was Carlos who issued my guest keys. This welcoming attitude continued all during my stay with each agent i encountered. Very comfortable room and i was pleased with my comp upgrade to a King Bedroom with Kitchen and would definitely chose that category room on my next trip. Breakfast was basic but sufficient and there are a few eating places in walking distance. There was also a competition for guests to assist the hotel in naming the new pool bar and grill being constructed, which I early participated. Having worked in the hotel industry in the past, i can state that overall, i was happy with my choice of hotel property and commend the management and staff at the property on their service levels and for making my short stay an enjoyable one.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall? Share your experiences!