Stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Miami for one night pre-cruise. I had wanted to chooose somewhere closer to the beach and had seen many reviews for a few hotels closer to the Port of Miami. Figured we would skip a car, taxi to hotel and ship, and the extra hotel cost would be offset by the lack of car rental. But, no, we were traveling with another couple who wanted a cheaper room. I booked this on one of the 3rd party booking sites where you see the price & general location but not the name until you pay, so I hadn't even looked at this one in the reviews at all. We got a great deal, and we were pleased with our stay. This is a suite hotel, so we had a large living room, plus a furnished kitchen and seperate bedroom. It was very spacious.
It turned out that we arrived much later into Miami than we had anticipated, AND it was very cold and rainy, so our money would have been wasted on the beachy/port area hotel. We rented a car, and drove to the hotel following a map. The hotel is hard to spot, and involves a u-turn coming from the north side of the airport, because of the divided road. Once we found it, we were able to remember where it was, but the sign was relatively small and I belive there was another hotel right in front of it- perhaps a Holiday Inn Express.
The rooms were clean. There was a standard free breakfast that included several hot and cold items, fruit, cereal, yogurt, juice, waffle maker. There is a restaurant in the hotel next door, and also a Doral Ale House across the parking lot- part of a regional Florda chain, decent sports bar food/atmosphere.
In the morning we returned the car to the airport and took the rental car shuttle to the Port. The hotel does offer a shuttle to the airport, but not the Cruise ship port. We needed a car so we could run a few errands that night for some cruise supplies- bottled water, soda, etc.
The only negatives were some nit-picky things like rip in a curtain, lower quality door handles and other fixtures, cheapy looking doors, that kind of thing. Nothing to make me not want to stay here, and for the bargain price we got, we thought the place was amazing. Great for a family- room to spread out and the kitchen was very handy.
Staff at front desk was friendly, and the pre-paid, 3rd party booking worked out very well- no problems at all with that.
If you have to be on the beach- this is just nowhere near it. But if you are looking for clean, comfortable, convenient and very, very spacious, this is great.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area Hotel Miami
- Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area Hotel
- Staybridge Suites Miami
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area blends sophisticated, extended stay hotel surroundings with friendly service in a beautiful suburban setting. We are accessible from downtown Miami and only minutes from the Florida Turnpike, I-95, I-75, 836-Dolphin Expressway and 826-Palmetto Expressway. The Miami International Airport, downtown and Port of Miami are just 10 miles away. Our hotel is also located only minutes from University of Miami and several major corporations such as Carnival Cruise Lines, Boston Scientific, Norwegian Cruise Lines, Florida International University, Jackson Memorial Hospital and Palmetto Hospital. You will experience comfort and convenience with our spacious studio and one bedroom suites, each complete with living room and full kitchen. Our daily full breakfast buffet features hot & cold items, and our free Social Reception (featuring a light dinner with beer, wine, & soft drinks) is available Tuesday-Thursday evenings. If you prefer to dine out, choose from any number of restaurants that feature a range of cuisine and ambiance. When it is time to unwind, relax in our courtyard or at our outdoor pool or workout in our fitness room. Shopping opportunities are plentiful we are just minutes from Dolphin Mall and International Mall. We are also only minutes from Homestead Speedway, (25 miles), American Airlines Arena (10 miles), South Beach (10 miles), and the Doral Golf Resort (0.1 mile). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.