“Overnight Accomodations” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Montreal
“Overnight Accomodations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We had the opportunity to stay at the hotel for a stop-over in Miami. The hotel met our needs as a quick place to stay during our trip.

As far as location, it is about a $30.00 cab ride from the hotel as the free shuttle service does not run all the time. Check ahead for sure because we landed at 10:00 pm and regrettably discovered that it was not available. We had a small issue with the willingness of the taxi to take us, but that was quickly resolved.

Breakfast was included and was quite good overall. The hotel was a good value.

Our room was comfortable but the lobby could of had a bit more TLC. Check in and out was quick and we had no issues. I would stay there again under similar circumstances.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Luisana F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Robert,

Thank you for the kind words and were glad that you chose us during you 1 night stay in the area. We appreciate all the feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sugar Hill, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The suite was very comfortable and had all the amenities we needed, including a stove top, full refridgerator, microwave and sink. The bedroom is also fully separated from the living/ktichen area, which is great. The free breakfast was also better than many other hotels I've stayed in before. It was definitely great value for money. If you are a light sleeper, you might want to invest in earplugs, lots of airplane noise from nearby airport.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear Steve,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about our hotel. We highly appreciate all the feedback that was given and were happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the near future!

staten island ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed there before and after our cruise. Arrived late due to car trouble, staff was very accommodating with check-in. Clean room, well-equipped kitchenette. Tasty free breakfast buffet as well. Staff was very friendly, helpful, and competent. My only complaint is that we couldn't get a shuttle to the cruiseport until 12:45 and we needed to be there much earlier. Otherwise, a very pleasant experience, would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Luisana F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time and for writing a review about our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that the port shuttle service didn't have an earlier schedule, unfortunately that is the only time we have a port shuttle pass by the hotel. We are happy you enjoyed our hotel and we hope to see you in the near future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed here witj my wife and 2 kids for 7 nights and it was very decent.

PROS- Alot of channels, close to walmart and dolphin mall, clean, spacious room, manager's dinner.

CONS- Hotel shuttle unreliable, wifi not good, double beds seemed extra small, I had to pay $3 per package delivered to me from amazon.

With all of that it still was a great hotel for the price and the staff were very warm and friendly.

I have found a new favorite hotel in the Doral area. Expect me back on every trip to miami

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Dear Andre,

I'd like to thank you for all of your kind feedback about your recent stay with us. I would also like to apologize for the shuttle and wifi issues you encountered, I have resolved each issue and neither of those problems should happen again. We are always working hard to better our services. We thank you for choosing us and i'm glad to see you have found a new favorite hotel in this area. We look forward to seeing you soon!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2014

This hotel is nicely tucked away behind the Holiday Inn but it is by no means behind in their level of service. We had some hiccups with the shuttle service from the airport but the Alejandro (frontdesk agent) kept us in touch with what was going on. The rooms are very clean and comfortable and caters for all your needs while away from home and on a long stay... The customer service is wonderful and only needs some work on the Club membership recognition. (one of the reasons for being a member)... The breakfast was wonderful on each of the morning (no complaints there)... The basketball court blew me away and I do plan to visit again with my kids and the rest of my family... I must commend all the staff for their professionalism and friendliness but give two thumbs up to Alejandro who made our stay most enjoyable.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the pool is really comforting
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Luisana F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, November 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and staff, we highly appreciate all of your feedback and I will definitely inform Alejandro on your behalf. We hope to see again in the near future!

Spring Green, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014

Nice clean rooms and happy hour and breakfast are very good. However I checked out and went elsewhere after all the bad shuttle service.

On my first try with the shuttle I called from the airport for pickup. After 20 minutes called again was assured it was on its way. After 45 minutes I took a cab to the hotel. On the second try I called for the shuttle at 10:15 PM only to be told the shuttle ceased running at 10 PM. Note that their web site says it runs until 11 PM. Third strike came this week and why I am changing hotels. I called from the airport for the shuttle. No answer at the hotel. Tried 5 more times and finally called the Holiday Inn and asked them to send someone to the Staybridge to wake up the desk clerk. Was put on hold for 5 minutes and then the call dropped. So once again I wasted a lot of time and took a cab. Got to the hotel and after getting out of the shower realized I needed the access code for the internet. Called down to the front desk to get the code. Guess what. Still no answer.

So expect very poor shuttle service and spotty phone help from the front desk. Especially after 6 PM.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. Just bring a car and DO NOT depend on the shuttle.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Luisana F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, October 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

I want to apologize for all the inconveniences that occurred during your stay and I can clearly understand why these issues were troublesome. I'm looking into this situation and this issue should not happen again. We are working hard to better our services. To ensure you of this, you can contact me if you do happen to return to our hotel and ill be more than happy to accommodate you.

Paul Martinez

305.500.9100
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

This hotel is has very nice rooms and common areas, but a poor airport shuttle and very poor signage. Customer service is excellent.

The good is that it seems new or newly remodeled. The rooms are fresh, clean looking, very contemporary. Spacious with a full kitchenette.

There are happy hour and free meals, on specific dates and times, so I could not enjoy, but it seems pretty generous by the hotel.

The lobby, common area and breakfast area are very modern, visually pleasant. Beakfast was just right.

But, the hotel airport shuttle is unreliable.But front desk jumped hoops to resolve issue. I think this is how hotels should approach issues, thinking outside box to resolve issues.

The hotel is tucked away, behind the holiday inn. You can see sign from main street, but can't access it easily. My cab could not find it when dropping off, and could not find it for pick up. Don't rely on GPS. I think the hotel should invest in more signage.

There is nothing walking distance, maybe shuttle can take you there. Although you can get delivery to hotel.

Room Tip: Don't trust your gps for directions
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Luisana F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, October 16, 2014
Dear guest,

thank you for your kind comments about our hotel I am glad to know that the front desk was able to resolve your issue. I do apologize for the shuttle inconvenience and signage.
We hope to have you here soon.

Best regards,
Luisana Fernandez

Been to Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area? Share your experiences!